Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swfl Adrenline sends JR packing

Finally , this idiot is gone. Should not be around children , horrible coach
    Has no clue even his players at PDL level do not respect him.

When did this happen? Not posted anywhere..

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      When did this happen? Not posted anywhere..
      He has been sent packing from Bonita but not SWFL Adrenaline from what i understand. Unless I am behind the times?

Comment

Robinson is a wonderful coach, should be reinstated immediately

Comment

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/p...n-robinson-and

Comment

Robinson is a wonderful coach, should be reinstated immediately
            Yeah it really looks like it .....

To All

As you know, the last couple of weeks the board has let John Robinson go due to breaking rules at the League and State level, and as a club we have to protect the affiliation of the club.

John Robinson came to us with an idea for a program to rejuvenate the club. With the resulting recruitment that occurred, we have always thanked him for it. He also had a plan to bring in a Rec Program for kids not at the competitive level. We also wanted a Tops Program for
            kids that are developmentally challenged, John agreed. He also was behind the recruitment of our club as branding the club Adrenaline and not telling parents that they were registering for the Bonita Soccer Club which we ran into a lot of parents being confused and telling us that they were registering for the Adrenaline and we had to set them straight.

Then there is the issue that John/Adrenaline told our coaches that he would be having coaching clinics that also never happened.

Also, the Miami League now requires clubs to have a Director of Coaching on staff and John does not have this certificate so the club offered to pay for him to attend the classes in July and that the club would pay for this. He never went so the club had to send the Vice President at the last minute to get this done.

Uniforms were all John/Adrenaline, not our club because we have always used Adidas not a Rec. uniform for competitive teams. (which most of you thought you were paying for)

BYS had opened up an email account so that John and the board could address any questions or concerns that parents, coaches, state or leagues may have. John continued to use his email address and phone number to communicate and BYS was in the dark on a few things and we repeatedly asked him to use the club email address.

Newsletters that John would send out on a weekly basis (which BYS thought was great) but if you read them you know that there was a lot of misspelled words and the board again told John to please have us proofread it before sending them out. Also, the board may have had something to communicate with parents and players like fundraising events, car decals or a FGCU game etc… Since he did not listen and still sent them out on his own the board told him again and in a reply by email he said that he would no longer do the newsletters and was very
            mad again. This is for the club and we feel that little things like this are important and need to be done right.

John Robinson has also been a coach for a number of clubs in the area in the last few years and had to leave because he was not following the rules or guidelines that a club had set in place. Obviously, with this kind of record that should tell you something about this coach.

There was a sponsorship issue for the U-9 boys team. BYS did not know that John had taken upon himself to collect a sponsorship check for this team so that the boys could have bags. The sponsorship that was presented as a package by John to the sponsor told the sponsor that the
            package consisted of bags, shirts, banners, and hats. (This was not discussed at our club meetings) The bags are $30 if a parent would like to purchase one for there child or as a team get a sponsor to pay for them and the club would give in return a banner and post on our website the company that had sponsored that team, but John decided to do this on his own and not let the club know. The sponsor got upset when nothing was received and contacted BYS. Up to that time BYS had no knowledge of John’s agreement with that sponsor. In the end, BYS ordered the bags and mollified the sponsor. The board told John that this is not a Rec club that a sponsor would pay for shirts and have there company name on the back of the shirts etc… because at the competitive level it is a whole club or no one to get shirts with a company name and we decided to put packages together for next year, but John got mad at us again.

BYS also told John/Adrenaline that we thought that the whole club should get bags for the price that you parents were paying. John said no and if they wanted them they could pay for them. We at BYS told John/Adrenaline that if you want to be the number one club in SW Florida you have to be a winning club and also look the part with great uniforms and bags. For the prices they (John/Adrenaline) charged, this should have been a no brainer.

John/Adrenaline with his pathway to the Adrenaline PDL team hardly looked at our U-18 boys team this season to see if there are potential players. The coach contacted John numerous times to see if John would come out to see their home games and he only showed up for 1 out of 6 and only for 1/2 of the game. As you can imagine, the coach for this team is also upset for his boys and hollow promises that John made to our club.

As most of you know that John/Adrenaline has been the coach for the U-15 girls team and had a successful season but now the team has to register for State Cup and if you look at the State Cup rules (www.fysa.com/statecup) you will see all of the requirements to do so
            and one of them is being a licensed coach at the D level. John/Adrenaline also told the board at a monthly meeting that he was going to use another coaches license for the applications (which is totally a broken rule at the state level.) and again we told him (with coaches and manager present) this is not going to happen, again risking our license. John has to start with the F license and work his way up to the D. There is not a fast track to do this. Last but not least John was having a make up game with his U-15 Girls team and the other team being in last place called our team and said that they were going to get mercied in the first 30 minutes so they would not be traveling to Bonita for the game. This went on for a couple of days with our team manager(U-15 girls) that was also trying her hardest to make them play a game, even though they refused. The team manager called the Vice President (Antonetta) on a Friday to explain everything that had been going on during the week and Antonetta told her if they do not want to come that the results would be a forfeit as a 3-0 and we ended the conversion at that. The Vice President also told her to relay the message to John. (all of this is stated in the SFUYSA League Coaches Manual) On Saturday, the following day the Vice President (Antonetta)
            had a message on her voice mail from John. He and the other coach for the other team had come to an agreement about this make up game. They wanted the club to record the game as an 8-0 win for Bonita (to secure first place in league standings) and to not record the game score until after 4:30 pm so that it would look like we had played the game. As administrators, we would never do something like that because again it is the club name that could be hurt as well as knowing there were potential fines and sanctions that could have been applied. The coach and the team would not have been penalized but the entire club could have been kicked out of the league. We are here for the protection of the club and players but an important question must be asked. What are you willing to teach your children? The BYS board does not feel it is right or ok to teach children to bend the rules or cheat to get ahead.

So the board had a meeting and came to the conclusion that John was not going to be part of the club but we would like to keep Steve and Derrick if they wanted to stay on (we still have not gotten a response from Steve or Derrick).

We had a parent from the U-15 Girls team approach us along with our U-10 Boys Coach and had a meeting to resolve this in the best interest of the players. Bottom line was that the board was to come up with some criteria for John and that these gentlemen would mentor John. We had until Monday to come up with a resolution. Well after having our own
            meeting our resolution was as follows:

1. Partnership between John and Adrenaline to be reinstated.
            2. John would coach just the U-14 Boys team and the U-15 Girls team
            and that any further payments would be subsidized by the Adrenaline not
            Bonita.
            3. The two gentlemen will mentor John
            4. Malcolm Boyle will be the new Director of Coaching for the club
            and would be responsible for the implementation of the curriculum,
            coaching education and player assessment while working with John and the
            Adrenaline developing the Bonita club and partnership.
            This was non-negotiable criteria.

This was sent to the two gentlemen on Saturday and we told them that we wanted an answer if John was returning with these criteria by Monday. It was a yes or no question. As we did not have an answer, the Board cancelled the meeting that was suppose to take place to advise coaches, asst. coaches and managers of the new direction of the club moving forward for the benefit of the kids.

We at the administrative level feel that you as parents needed to have clarity as to what has been going on in the club since John/Adrenaline have arrived . Please let the club know if you are staying with the club or moving on with John. We need to be able to replace any players
            that are leaving with players that are on a waiting list to play soccer at a competitive level with the guidance of our new Director of Coaching.

As you can see, John/Adrenaline promised many things to the club that have not been fulfilled. It is very frustrating that parents are not getting what they paid for, and it is very frustrating for BYS to have meetings with these disgruntled teams and parents.

We at Bonita Soccer Club have and always will be for the kids as people that know us can tell you.

BYS BOARD
            bonitaspringsoccer@yahoo.com
            BYS BOARD
            bonitaspringsoccer@yahoo.com

Comment

It's understandable he didn't have his "D" license, I'm guessing he doesn't believe he needs it. He was in my National Youth License Class a few years ago and I don't believe he completed that course. Because he played at a high level, he felt like he knew more than any of the instructors, whether it was about soccer or childhood development.

Comment

These articles are from 2008 - Six and a half years ago??

What is the relevance here?

I would love to see an article on the activities of JR for the past six and a half years. They could interview the Fire, Lee County Strikers, NFM, GPS and Bonita.

Comment

Would love to see

I would love to see a breakdown of all the coaches in SWFL and their licenses and also look at their records over the last 5 years. Also, show me tenure rates for all those coaches....and have any of those coaches played at least on the college level! This type of bashing is ridiculous. Show me one program in SWFL that would be consider best in class against the state. The politics that plays out in this area is down right pitiful. Unless it is required through league play or in tournaments, you can hardly get these clubs to play against each other or work together in any form or fashion. No one supports each other. Shame on you Bonita. I find it ironic that once your program got back on its feet, now you have issues with John. I guess you can call Stovi next year when your numbers are back to nothing and see if he can save you!

Side note: if all the local clubs are not committed to doing the best thing for the development of the kids and strengthen soccer in our local area then there should be no complaints when othe clubs want to come in and do it....output is a reflection on leadership. When you stop making decision that puts the players and program first instead of you board position or revenue streams....it's time to step down!!!!!

Comment

I would love to see a breakdown of all the coaches in SWFL and their licenses and also look at their records over the last 5 years. Also, show me tenure rates for all those coaches....and have any of those coaches played at least on the college level! This type of bashing is ridiculous. Show me one program in SWFL that would be consider best in class against the state. The politics that plays out in this area is down right pitiful. Unless it is required through league play or in tournaments, you can hardly get these clubs to play against each other or work together in any form or fashion. No one supports each other. Shame on you Bonita. I find it ironic that once your program got back on its feet, now you have issues with John. I guess you can call Stovi next year when your numbers are back to nothing and see if he can save you!

Side note: if all the local clubs are not committed to doing the best thing for the development of the kids and strengthen soccer in our local area then there should be no complaints when othe clubs want to come in and do it....output is a reflection on leadership. When you stop making decision that puts the players and program first instead of you board position or revenue streams....it's time to step down!!!!!
                    I don't think the main point of that letter was he doesn't have any licenses. He agreed to do these things for the club and failed to do so. If you have someone that is getting significant money from the club, a small club, you need to fulfill those agreements.

Whoever said he had to start at an "F" license is misinformed. He can simply go get his DOC license, or he can go straight to the "C" license since he played over 4 years of professional soccer.

No one denies he played at a very high level, but if you want to be in charge of a youth soccer program you have to be professional as well. He needs to take a hint from PW at FFJ as our son doesn't even play for his team yet he knows his name, what team he plays for, and what position he plays. He is at the fields every night helping with other teams when he is not coaching one of his own. Both played at the same level, yet one is a professional and one isn't.

Comment

"Email to the Board of BYS"

This is in response to your email of November 29, 2014 to the players and parents of your U15 Girls team. I have been retained by the parents and players of this team with regard to the issues discussed below.

In a nutshell, my clients hope to continue competition in the club and to compete in State Cup while being coached by John Robinson. Toward that end, they hereby request that you immediately reinstate Coach Robinson and the affiliation with SWFL Adrenaline. It is their sincere desire to resolve this issue amicably. Coach Robinson has brought them this far in their highly successful season and regardless of the perceived differences you may have with him, none of them would mitigate against his continuing as their coach for this limited period of time.

In the alternative, if we cannot reach an amicable solution, I have been instructed to begin legal proceedings tomorrow morning based upon the failure of BYS to have a minimum of three directors and its failure to provide disclosure of its documents and finances upon request, all as required by Florida Statutes. We would be seeking an immediate injunction and the appointment of a receiver to manage the affairs of the corporation. We would be asking for a complete financial accounting as well as compensation for attorney fees and suit costs.

I reiterate my clients’ hopes that this matter can be settled amicably so that the best interests of the players can be served. If we are unable to resolve this matter by the end of today, I will proceed accordingly.

Respectfully,

Comment

Question for BYS

What was your numbers the last 3 years for your competive program? What are they this season? I question you unprofessionalism comments. I would like to hear the other side of this story. I know players who left clubs to come to Bonita and they have said they feel like the club is managed more like a rec program that a competive one. I tried to look on the Bonita site for bio on the 2 board members and nothing is posted....does anyone have any insight to history of this club? We've been in area for years and I never knew they had a competive program. Maybe it's time for management change. How long have these board members been in place?

Comment

"Email to the Board of BYS"

This is in response to your email of November 29, 2014 to the players and parents of your U15 Girls team. I have been retained by the parents and players of this team with regard to the issues discussed below.

In a nutshell, my clients hope to continue competition in the club and to compete in State Cup while being coached by John Robinson. Toward that end, they hereby request that you immediately reinstate Coach Robinson and the affiliation with SWFL Adrenaline. It is their sincere desire to resolve this issue amicably. Coach Robinson has brought them this far in their highly successful season and regardless of the perceived differences you may have with him, none of them would mitigate against his continuing as their coach for this limited period of time.

In the alternative, if we cannot reach an amicable solution, I have been instructed to begin legal proceedings tomorrow morning based upon the failure of BYS to have a minimum of three directors and its failure to provide disclosure of its documents and finances upon request, all as required by Florida Statutes. We would be seeking an immediate injunction and the appointment of a receiver to manage the affairs of the corporation. We would be asking for a complete financial accounting as well as compensation for attorney fees and suit costs.

I reiterate my clients’ hopes that this matter can be settled amicably so that the best interests of the players can be served. If we are unable to resolve this matter by the end of today, I will proceed accordingly.

Respectfully,
                          This is exactly the kind of parent interference that will be the kiss of death for competitive youth soccer.

Because it is such a thankless volunteer job, most board members I know will be more than happy to let someone else take over all club operations.

Please call the bluff of these parents from this U15 Girls team.

Comment

This is exactly the kind of parent interference that will be the kiss of death for competitive youth soccer.

Because it is such a thankless volunteer job, most board members I know will be more than happy to let someone else take over all club operations.

Please call the bluff of these parents from this U15 Girls team.
                            Disgusting behavior from a selfish group of parents regarding an individual so egoistical that after all these years, still refuses to get a coaching license because he "knows best."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X