Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    it would be nearly miraculous as the SEC has not had a finalist at the Championship games in last 10 years. I did not look back further.

the following have made it to the championship games over the last 10 yrs:

SEC - 0
    ACC - 12
    Pac 12 - 7
    Big 10 - 1
    what this shows is that the ACC had at least one school in the championship game every year for the past 10 yrs, with one exception: 2005. Then it was Pac 12 and Big Sky. You cannot derive stats like that for the SEC until at least 2020. All you SEC fans, we'll talk then.

Comment

Hey, we get that you're a Gater and struggle with concepts and all so let me say again, one year does not a trend make. FSU won in 2013, 2012 & 2011.

Just be happy that you have made the Elite Eight for the first time in 11 years. Welcome to the party, we've been waiting for you.
      Maybe someday FSU can win a National Championship for the State of Florida the same way UF did back in 1998.

Come on gals, we're still waiting for you. And FSU is historically a women's school to boot . . . you'd think they would have had an advantage there.

Comment

Maybe someday FSU can win a National Championship for the State of Florida the same way UF did back in 1998.

Come on gals, we're still waiting for you. And FSU is historically a women's school to boot . . . you'd think they would have had an advantage there.
        That's the funny thing is FSU is a womens school thats why they struggle unlike UF's who have men playing for their womens National Champ team. sorry ABBY.

Comment

That's the funny thing is FSU is a womens school thats why they struggle unlike UF's who have men playing for their womens National Champ team. sorry ABBY.
          ya both head coaches from FSU and UF are married to women also.

Comment

No one cares about women's college soccer. It exists only because someone thought their ought to be a law to have as many girls play sports in college as men. It does not exist because of large fan base. It does not exist due to large alumni donor dollars as one saw in the past with Female Track or Swimming.

Now this is not a knock. It is putting things in perspective. Just let the girls play for they are only playing for fun anyway.

Comment

No one cares about women's college soccer. It exists only because someone thought their ought to be a law to have as many girls play sports in college as men. It does not exist because of large fan base. It does not exist due to large alumni donor dollars as one saw in the past with Female Track or Swimming.

Now this is not a knock. It is putting things in perspective. Just let the girls play for they are only playing for fun anyway.
              what a big man to come on an anonymous blog and post your thougts. too bad it is the only place that can tolerate such an ass as yourself. guessing also you will never have kids as there is a 50/50 chance of not getting the sex you obviously prefer. thank god for small favors.

Comment

Rollins College Women'soccer DII in the Final 4 Next Week Too!

DII (Florida school) Rollins College Women'soccer is in the Final 4 Championship too starting December 4th 8:00'PM! Cheer on another great group of women student athletes!

Comment

The OP was trying to make the point that the SEC has overtaken the ACC in women's soccer. Facts from the Elite Eight are: ACC 2-0 SEC 1-2. Half the College Cup is ACC.

Hello? hello? gaters? Where are you?? We can't hear you...

Comment

The OP was trying to make the point that the SEC has overtaken the ACC in women's soccer. Facts from the Elite Eight are: ACC 2-0 SEC 1-2. Half the College Cup is ACC.

OP was obviously wrong or just trying to get the Talley lovers to fired up. I am a Gator fan and a fan of SEC sports. ACC is way better than SEC in women's soccer. Not even close. Further, Gators not even close to FSU over past decade or so in soccer.

Good luck to FSU on Friday. I hope this is their year to win it all.

Comment

OP was obviously wrong or just trying to get the Talley lovers to fired up. I am a Gator fan and a fan of SEC sports. ACC is way better than SEC in women's soccer. Not even close. Further, Gators not even close to FSU over past decade or so in soccer.

Good luck to FSU on Friday. I hope this is their year to win it all.
                      Thanks for the honesty and the well wishes. FSU seems to have their best team ever but with the way Virginia has rolled through the tourney it will be very difficult to beat them for the third time this year.

SEC is definitely looking up as evidenced by getting 3 teams in Elite Eight.

Comment

what a big man to come on an anonymous blog and post your thougts. too bad it is the only place that can tolerate such an ass as yourself. guessing also you will never have kids as there is a 50/50 chance of not getting the sex you obviously prefer. thank god for small favors.
                        You need to relax with this. It is not as big of a deal as you think. just enjoy it as you would enjoy watching a marching band or an adult league game at the local parks department field. Just enjoy and forget the nonsense that some of you generate over nothing.
                        and yes I am a big man and funny that you start talking sex with me. Are you flirting?

Comment

The finals are all ACC. Guess the SEC really took over? Ha!

Comment

Texas A&M was the SEC's last hope and they were totally out played by Virginia. The WAS indicative of how the game was played from start to finish. Virginia is on a roll and I think that will continue.

FSU won their game but it was very close. FSU tried to be physical with Sanford but Sanford was much too fast for that type of game. It looked very similar to the UCLA-FSU final last year. FSU pulled it out but it was a struggle all night. But, the best team did win in my opinion.

I think the FSU vs Virginia will come down to coaching. I think Coach Swanson can run circles around Coach Krikorian in terms of coaching. Coach Swanson did not win the U17 World Cup by being stupid, so I do not think he will go into Sunday's game with the same game plan that got his team beat twice by FSU earlier this season. I think he will pass around the physical FSU defense and possibly add an attacking player up front. I see them slipping a player in behind the back line for a score just like they did against Texas A&M. I see 1-0 Virginia as a final.

Comment

Texas A&M was the SEC's last hope and they were totally out played by Virginia. The WAS indicative of how the game was played from start to finish. Virginia is on a roll and I think that will continue.

FSU won their game but it was very close. FSU tried to be physical with Sanford but Sanford was much too fast for that type of game. It looked very similar to the UCLA-FSU final last year. FSU pulled it out but it was a struggle all night. But, the best team did win in my opinion.

I think the FSU vs Virginia will come down to coaching. I think Coach Swanson can run circles around Coach Krikorian in terms of coaching. Coach Swanson did not win the U17 World Cup by being stupid, so I do not think he will go into Sunday's game with the same game plan that got his team beat twice by FSU earlier this season. I think he will pass around the physical FSU defense and possibly add an attacking player up front. I see them slipping a player in behind the back line for a score just like they did against Texas A&M. I see 1-0 Virginia as a final.
                              Did you watch the FSU-Stanford game, or is this what you surmised what happened? It wasn't "close." FSU absolutely OWNED the first 30 mins or so, scored in something like the 15th min, and there was no sense that Stanford could mount much pressure on goal... they couldn't even hold the ball for more than a couple of passes. Stanford had had 3 shots on frame all game, and none of them were threatening. 2-0 final score line. How was this game "close" in your eyes?!

Comment

Did you watch the FSU-Stanford game, or is this what you surmised what happened? It wasn't "close." FSU absolutely OWNED the first 30 mins or so, scored in something like the 15th min, and there was no sense that Stanford could mount much pressure on goal... they couldn't even hold the ball for more than a couple of passes. Stanford had had 3 shots on frame all game, and none of them were threatening. 2-0 final score line. How was this game "close" in your eyes?!
                                Was very advantageous to play what amounts to a home game for FSU. Good luck vs UVA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X