Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    doesnt reflect poorly on parents at all. aggressive play that is within the rules is great. You cant teach that. The kid that is afraid of everyting reflects poorly on the parents. u12 is when you should start to see those kids stand out of the crowd and tend to be defenders or central players. I watched the pheonix cup this weekend and I thought the ac team played fine. I also watched the pheonix team and the tcu team. all of them had players that were either aggressive or passive. your point here doesnt make sense. i can point out any contact sport and show you players that are more aggresssive than others and those players will probably get more recognition as they get older because coaches want to see players that play without fear but not cause too many penalties. look at the top defenders in the premier league. they are known for everything this blog stated. they hit hard. they win balls. they do everyhting they can to get under the skin of the people they are defending. those parents are benefitting from having aggressive players.
    The OP made a list. I was reviewing that list and said that kids say u12 and under really should not be doing the things on that list. Do you teach your u12 or are ok with someone teaching your u12 to slide tackle from behind? Does your u12 talk lots of trash to the referee or to the other team? Does your u12 kid the ball on free kicks like a punk?

You cannot compare your u12 to Vincent kompany. They are kids. If you are patient in 2 or 3 years, they may start doing some of those things you seem in such a rush to see.

Comment

doesnt reflect poorly on parents at all. aggressive play that is within the rules is great. You cant teach that. The kid that is afraid of everyting reflects poorly on the parents. u12 is when you should start to see those kids stand out of the crowd and tend to be defenders or central players. I watched the pheonix cup this weekend and I thought the ac team played fine. I also watched the pheonix team and the tcu team. all of them had players that were either aggressive or passive. your point here doesnt make sense. i can point out any contact sport and show you players that are more aggresssive than others and those players will probably get more recognition as they get older because coaches want to see players that play without fear but not cause too many penalties. look at the top defenders in the premier league. they are known for everything this blog stated. they hit hard. they win balls. they do everyhting they can to get under the skin of the people they are defending. those parents are benefitting from having aggressive players.
      Put it to you another way, something like slide tackling from behind you have to KNOW how to do it, or it will cause real injury to the other player. Like the other poster said, a foul is sometimes a good decision, but injuring a player is never a good decision. So, you need to know how exactly to use your tackling technique or size in a way that perhaps there is a foul, but no one is seriously injured. A u12 is 10 or 11 years old. They have no clue about these things, and in the heat of the game, no idea on how to use force with restraint. That's not passivity; it's not wanting lots of 11 year old with leg and knee injuries because someone thinks slide tackling from behind is something they should learn for when their kid plays centerback for Liverpool.

Comment

The OP made a list. I was reviewing that list and said that kids say u12 and under really should not be doing the things on that list. Do you teach your u12 or are ok with someone teaching your u12 to slide tackle from behind? Does your u12 talk lots of trash to the referee or to the other team? Does your u12 kid the ball on free kicks like a punk?

You cannot compare your u12 to Vincent kompany. They are kids. If you are patient in 2 or 3 years, they may start doing some of those things you seem in such a rush to see.
        maybe they should not watch pro soccer until U15........All the things listed happen in every pro game. You have to be witty to play this game or any other pro sport:) This is the example not the parents.

Comment

I have always thought things like,

1. sliding from behind
          2. pulling shirts
          3. kicking the ball away on free kicks for other team
          4. obvious diving to get a call
          5. trash talking in a language the other player does not understand
          6. laughing after you hurt another player on a tackle

were all signs of a dirty player.

I recently had a talk with a father from another country that said his kids play like that and his coaches teaches these things because they consider them to be real soccer and the players with the most passion and style all play that way. He said the suburbanites don't like it and are trying to water down the game to make it more sterilized for the rich kids so they complain about cheating and dirty play when it is really the flavor of the game.

What do you say, should I teach my kid to do these things?
          A teacher should learn first to teach IT to others. From what you have written you prove to be a dumb..s, trying to look smart.

Comment

maybe they should not watch pro soccer until U15........All the things listed happen in every pro game. You have to be witty to play this game or any other pro sport:) This is the example not the parents.
            Witty? Like in conversation? Don't understand.

Anyways, I completely disagree. There's a time and an age for everything.

When kids are still in formation, they should be focusing on their technical abilities and tactical understanding.

Learning how to play with "viveza" comes from the game itself. You should not encourage it. Also, every player has a different personality. Do you see Andres Iniesta talking trash to the referee or other players? Slide tackling regularly from behind? Pulling shorts? No. Does that make him a passive or inferior player? Every player and every child has their own way of contributing to the team and it does not mean that the punks you love are the good/aggressive players and those that are not are passive/weaker players. We all have personalities and some would rather spend the time taking a cerebral approach to the game than wasting their breath.

Comment

Witty? Like in conversation? Don't understand.

Anyways, I completely disagree. There's a time and an age for everything.

When kids are still in formation, they should be focusing on their technical abilities and tactical understanding.

Learning how to play with "viveza" comes from the game itself. You should not encourage it. Also, every player has a different personality. Do you see Andres Iniesta talking trash to the referee or other players? Slide tackling regularly from behind? Pulling shorts? No. Does that make him a passive or inferior player? Every player and every child has their own way of contributing to the team and it does not mean that the punks you love are the good/aggressive players and those that are not are passive/weaker players. We all have personalities and some would rather spend the time taking a cerebral approach to the game than wasting their breath.
              Viveza is being witty with your actions and reactions on the pitch...seems pretty cerebral to me. The fact that this point gets under your skin is exactly the reaction the dirty player wants. Use your brain:)

Comment

A teacher should learn first to teach IT to others. From what you have written you prove to be a dumb..s, trying to look smart.
                Thank you for your well thought out and eloquent response. It was very beneficial to the discussion.

I bet your kid grabs shirts and yells at his teammates.

Comment

Viveza is being witty with your actions and reactions on the pitch...seems pretty cerebral to me. The fact that this point gets under your skin is exactly the reaction the dirty player wants. Use your brain:)
                  no, learn English, or at minimum google it. "witty" has to do with verbal conversation only. witty cannot be used as an adjective to describe non-verbal actions. the conversation has to be in some way clever to be considered "witty." calling the referee blind or old would not be considered clever or inventive.

Comment

no, learn English, or at minimum google it. "witty" has to do with verbal conversation only. witty cannot be used as an adjective to describe non-verbal actions. the conversation has to be in some way clever to be considered "witty." calling the referee blind or old would not be considered clever or inventive.
                    you are not very clever...hahahaha. You know what I'm talking about...but keep playing like sheep and see how far you get in high level soccer. Good luck...your kid should take ballet!

Comment

I have always thought things like,

1. sliding from behind
                      2. pulling shirts
                      3. kicking the ball away on free kicks for other team
                      4. obvious diving to get a call
                      5. trash talking in a language the other player does not understand
                      6. laughing after you hurt another player on a tackle

were all signs of a dirty player.

I recently had a talk with a father from another country that said his kids play like that and his coaches teaches these things because they consider them to be real soccer and the players with the most passion and style all play that way. He said the suburbanites don't like it and are trying to water down the game to make it more sterilized for the rich kids so they complain about cheating and dirty play when it is really the flavor of the game.

What do you say, should I teach my kid to do these things?
                      This should be titled "Clay U15 Girls Soccer"

Comment

you are not very clever...hahahaha. You know what I'm talking about...but keep playing like sheep and see how far you get in high level soccer. Good luck...your kid should take ballet!
                        and your kid should take the boat back home

Comment

You should always play with the passions.

The passions is very good....
                          But not too much, or you could go blind. Then what use would you be on the field?

Comment

and your kid should take the boat back home
                            We are home baby.....but without the blinders:)

Comment

Thank you for your well thought out and eloquent response. It was very beneficial to the discussion.

I bet your kid grabs shirts and yells at his teammates.
                              You are very welcome.

My kid is trained to do all that and sometimes surprises us by doing things which we never taught her. We spend a fortune training her under professionally managed and A licensed coaches working under FYSA regulations.

Comment

All part of the game ...

all part of the game, even 6, though i hope not at the u12 or younger age group
                                i know i haven't seen any laughing when someone gets hurt at the u12 or younger group
                                if someone thinks they have ... it's either an exception or a misunderstanding
                                parents sometimes get more heated than players do
                                parents can easily blow something out of proportion

most parents didn't grow up with this sport and just don't understand this is all part of the game ... other sports have similar tactics

we played ac delray this weekend in the plantation thanksgiving tournament
                                passionate kids, and still maturing, so very emotional as well
                                but not dirty, just playing hard and very intensely ALL the time

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X