Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tragedy in Raleigh

So sad. Got to treasure every day with our kids.

http://abc11.com/news/new-details-in...-hotel/398302/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

So sad for this young child his family and friends
    Thoughts go out to them at this difficult time

Comment

So sad for this young child his family and friends
      Thoughts go out to them at this difficult time
      This is unimaginable! Prayers for this family.

Comment

Just horrible. So sudden, so random, and such a quick end to such a young life with promise.

Comment

It is a horrible tragedy. My prayers and thoughts are with the boy and his family and friends. Despite every parent's effort to guide and protect our children there are dangers and dangerous people at every turn. How sad.

Comment

Shocking and tragic.

However why is a 28-time convicted felon be out on the streets to begin with? Why is it that value the "rights" of career criminals to be given second, third, ... twenty-eight chances, and/or "restored" than the rights of their by definition almost certainly future victims to not be victims? We are far too easy on career criminals. Early mass releases, naive parole boards, overly lenient judges and light sentences (as in this case - 59 months for a murderous 28-time convicted felon, are you kidding me?), unreasonably high burdens of proof (why not apply Baye's theorem to criminal justice?) the stupid injection of concepts like "social justice" as surrogates for individual accountability. We have sociopaths released on technicalities as a matter of routine, and entire infrastructures are set up by criminal lovers to get these guys off (ACLU, Innocence Project mainly benefiting career criminals).

Its not good enough to throw our hands in the air and say "what are you going to do - its the law". Are we collectively, as a nation, mentally retarded? Wait for the response from the mentally ill to the effect "what do you suggest - lock everyone up?", to which the obvious answer is "yes - anyone that is an established career criminal with multiple felony convictions- lock them all up". In fact, I would suggest they should be locked up for life. Your innocent kid could be next. We as a entire society deserve a massive Darwin award for cases like this.

Comment

Shocking and tragic.

However why is a 28-time convicted felon be out on the streets to begin with? Why is it that value the "rights" of career criminals to be given second, third, ... twenty-eight chances, and/or "restored" than the rights of their by definition almost certainly future victims to not be victims? We are far too easy on career criminals. Early mass releases, naive parole boards, overly lenient judges and light sentences (as in this case - 59 months for a murderous 28-time convicted felon, are you kidding me?), unreasonably high burdens of proof (why not apply Baye's theorem to criminal justice?) the stupid injection of concepts like "social justice" as surrogates for individual accountability. We have sociopaths released on technicalities as a matter of routine, and entire infrastructures are set up by criminal lovers to get these guys off (ACLU, Innocence Project mainly benefiting career criminals).

Its not good enough to throw our hands in the air and say "what are you going to do - its the law". Are we collectively, as a nation, mentally retarded? Wait for the response from the mentally ill to the effect "what do you suggest - lock everyone up?", to which the obvious answer is "yes - anyone that is an established career criminal with multiple felony convictions- lock them all up". In fact, I would suggest they should be locked up for life. Your innocent kid could be next. We as a entire society deserve a massive Darwin award for cases like this.
              This story is so very sad! Unfortunately, I can relate as my niece was killed by a random bullet 19 years ago, and the shooter was never found. However, my take on this is a bit different as my thoughts are more towards better gun control. How many innocent victims from random or deliberate shootings that could have been prevented from more strict gun control? Oh, by the way, I am a gun owner (mine is locked up), so don't give me some bleeding heart liberal BS argument.....thanks!

Comment

Shocking and tragic.

you can thank all the liberial democrats for this one.....with out those career criminals, they wouldnt get any votes

Comment

you can thank all the liberial democrats for this one.....with out those career criminals, they wouldnt get any votes
                  I agree!!!!!!!

Comment

This story is so very sad! Unfortunately, I can relate as my niece was killed by a random bullet 19 years ago, and the shooter was never found. However, my take on this is a bit different as my thoughts are more towards better gun control. How many innocent victims from random or deliberate shootings that could have been prevented from more strict gun control? Oh, by the way, I am a gun owner (mine is locked up), so don't give me some bleeding heart liberal BS argument.....thanks!
                    so sad but true.another idiot with a gun.thats what happens when gun are sold like candy so have some more...

Comment

I agree as this is more an instance of an accidental shooting than an ex con on the street. Unfortunately there are a lot more accidental shootings and regretted shootings (movie theater incident, twin lakes, Zimmerman, etc) than someone actually defending themselves against an intruder. This is part of the reason that we do not have guns in our house. The chance of a kid accidentally shooting himself or us shooting a kid playing manhunt (us mistaking for intruder) are far greater than the chance of needing to defend ourselves.

Comment

so sad but true.another idiot with a gun.thats what happens when gun are sold like candy so have some more...
                        Yes more gun control....like that's worked in the past....the truth of the matter is that even with your "more" gun control that friggin Ahole would still have his gun and shoot you with it.

Comment

You seriously want to turn this into a political event? So you generalize all Democrats as being the same? You rather want a one party state were the Republicans can rule by themselves?

Tragic event.

Comment

I agree as this is more an instance of an accidental shooting than an ex con on the street. Unfortunately there are a lot more accidental shootings and regretted shootings (movie theater incident, twin lakes, Zimmerman, etc) than someone actually defending themselves against an intruder. This is part of the reason that we do not have guns in our house. The chance of a kid accidentally shooting himself or us shooting a kid playing manhunt (us mistaking for intruder) are far greater than the chance of needing to defend ourselves.
                            Responsible, law abiding citizens dont have gun "accidents" in hotel rooms. Takes a psychopath narcissist with no sense of self-accountability, responsibility or respect for boundaries. We probably should not get into a debate about gun laws but many of your examples were not accidents: Zimmerman was not an accident it was self defense. Also the Wesley Chapel movie theater shooting was a psychopath - Who else shoots someone during an argument about texting? If guns were less available would some of these crimes not happen? Yes. Some would turn into stabbings or beating deaths (cant outlaw knives or fists by the way). Evil people find ways to hurt others. The solution is not to limit their arsenal. Its to limit THEM.

Comment

So, explain how gun control would have helped? He was a convicted felon. He can't legally own a gun. So, what type of gun control, short of not allowing anybody to own guns, nor any company to manufacture guns, would have prevented this?

I'm, frankly, tired of people looking to government for the answer to things. The answer lies with us. We have the power and need to exert it. Enough of allowing government to control a criminal justice system that is more focused on keeping over-crowding to a minimum and, therefore, lets criminals roam our streets. Enough with the blanket concept of rehabilitation when it is patently obvious that some people can't or won't be rehabilitated.

Stop looking to government for your answers. They are the cause of most of the problems. They are a bunch of out-of-touch, unethical, narcissistic money-grabbers living off the largess of us; the people who go to work every day and make this country what it is. Doesn't it strike you as odd when a career politician runs on a platform that you need him/her there to fix all of our problems, when they have been there all along as the problems have grown exponentially? Having years of experience in government should mean you are unqualified to serve........

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X