• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayern Munich to set p Youth Academy in US

Here is the link:

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...united-states/

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This will definitely solve all of FC America's issues...

Comment

This will definitely solve all of FC America's issues...
      This is a joke. Any player good enough to play at BM is on the US National team and playing DA somewhere. I'm sure players will be leaving DA clubs to be apart of this.

Comment

Any word on there being one in Florida

Comment

FC America are the Florida partner for GPS, so I would assume there. Looking forward to seeing something from them on this and what it means for Central Florida.

Comment

FC America are the Florida partner for GPS, so I would assume there. Looking forward to seeing something from them on this and what it means for Central Florida.
            FC America
            Hunters Creek
            Florda Knights
            Ponte Vedra SC

These are the GPS Florida clubs that will benefit.

Comment

http://vimeo.com/111692685

Comment

Sounds like a very positive move -

Global Premier Soccer Announces Partnership with FC Bayern Munich

11 November 2014: New York, Boston, Orlando: FC Bayern Munich, one of the most prestigious soccer clubs in the world and which also recently opened an office in New York City to expand its footprint in the U.S., has today announced an extensive partnership with Global Premier Soccer (GPS), one of the largest and most successful soccer clubs in the U.S.. The exclusive partnership will bring FC Bayern Munich’s Youth Academy, including its coaches, curriculum, official uniforms and importantly its principles and culture to more than 55,000 kids and 5000 coaches organized into over 75 soccer clubs supported by GPS across 11 states.

FC Bayern Munich has developed the talents of a number of current world champions via its Youth Academy such as Philipp Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Thomas Mueller and are currently coached by one of the highest profiles coaches in the world, Pep Guardiola.

This partnership solidifies FC Bayern Munich’s commitment to engaging the U.S. soccer community. FC Bayern Munich’s Youth Academy coaches will be in the U.S. on a regular basis to facilitate a real know-how transfer to GPS coaches as well as providing ongoing access to Bayern curriculum via twice-monthly distributions coupled with a monthly conference call for GPS Technical Staff. FC Bayern will also establish Player Identification Programs throughout the US to identify players to go on trial in Germany every summer and work with GPS to establish GPS Bayern National Teams who will compete in National and International events.

Phillip Lahm, captain of FC Bayern Munich and the winning German National team at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, stated: “I arrived at FC Bayern’s academy at 11 and everything was set up very professionally. Without the youth team I couldn’t have achieved everything I’ve achieved so far.”

Wolfgang Dremmler, Head of FC Bayern Munich Youth Academy, noted: “The soccer education of a world champion player starts at a very young age, which is why it is important to provide kids with exceptional training early in their development, as we have done at FC Bayern Munich’s Youth Academy for decades.”

Rudolf Vidal, Managing Director of FC Bayern Munich U.S., commented: “We are excited to partner with GPS, a leader in the youth soccer space, on this first of many initiatives we will be undertaking to foster a deeper connection with our millions of fans living in the States, and all soccer fans in the U.S.”

Joe Bradley, CEO of GPS Massachusetts, added: “The fact that 5 players in the starting 11 for Germany at the World Cup came through the Bayern Academy speaks for itself. It is important to note that FC Bayern also has a professional women’s team and we look forward to the impact of this partnership on both our male and female players.”

About FC Bayern Munich

FC Bayern Munich is one of the biggest clubs in world soccer and has a proven track record of developing world-class players and competing in the highest echelons of world football. With over 400 million supporters worldwide, and according to Forbes a brand value of $1.85 billion, the reigning FIFA Club World Cup Champion is one of the strongest brands in international soccer.
                In July 2014, FC Bayern Munich opened a U.S. office in New York City to engage with the millions of FC Bayern Munich fans living in the States as well as to internationalize the brand and better promote the club’s valuable assets in the American market. FC Bayern Munich LLC serves as the club’s U.S. entity, and also includes the management of a U.S.-specific website, e-commerce store and Facebook page.

U.S. website: http://www.fcbayernmunich.com/us/

U.S. online store: http://www.bayernmunichstoreusa.com

U.S. Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/FCBayernUS

About GPS

GPS is one of the largest and most successful soccer organizations in the United States providing player development programming in eleven States across the USA. GPS was founded in 2001 with a mission to establish a new and unique player development model in the US and produce players who can compete at the highest level.

http://www.globalpremiersoccer.com/

Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/gpsmassachusetts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/globalpremsocc

Comment

What if I told you that I played in Europe as a youth and young teen. What if I told you that I played in an academy type club setting. What if I told you that my parents as legal guardians had to sign documents that gave the club the right to sell rights to me. What if I told you that my family never had to spend any money. What if I told you I was cut when the club saw that I would not develop into a player for them or as one they could sell. Not a disappointment for it never cost a cent. Americans who pay for these type of programs are just paying.

Comment

What if I told you that I played in Europe as a youth and young teen. What if I told you that I played in an academy type club setting. What if I told you that my parents as legal guardians had to sign documents that gave the club the right to sell rights to me. What if I told you that my family never had to spend any money. What if I told you I was cut when the club saw that I would not develop into a player for them or as one they could sell. Not a disappointment for it never cost a cent. Americans who pay for these type of programs are just paying.
                    Yes. I concur with the accuracy of this post with 110 percent confidence. As a one time former owner of a profesdional soccer team , I often come to this website as part of my talent search pool of potential coaching staff and administrative staff to help me with my next venture in professional soccer. Currently I am looking at having a team in the Falkland Islands. Should give me leverage into two different leagues and I really enjoy the taste of mutton in the morning. If you are interested in being part of this great undertaking, i Sir Feggie Liverpool of Roma am having a camp to train and perhaps pick my staff. For only 10,000 pounds or 40,000 pesos and a lama you can have the chance of being the one. I will have another camp as well so the more you attend the greater your odds. Just be prepared to bring a wheelbarrow of yen to the other. More details to follow.

Comment

They see all the $s we are spending on youth sports because everyone of our kids will be the next great one so they might as well jump on the bandwagon......

Comment

What if I told you that the first line of your statement essentially makes your point moot. That's Europe . . . not the US. You're not wrong in saying that it would be great if we had that here but that seems a long way off . . . it's good that Bayern want to partner with a club in the US - period.

Comment

What if I told you that the first line of your statement essentially makes your point moot. That's Europe . . . not the US. You're not wrong in saying that it would be great if we had that here but that seems a long way off . . . it's good that Bayern want to partner with a club in the US - period.
                          messing the point.....op stated it cost nothing. USA is about making money not finding the best players...period. Do you think the Germans are gonna put up with our whiny parents?
                          Not for long?

Comment

Could be wrong but this may just be another expensive shirt and a phony bragging point to fool people into thinking an average division one type player whose parents have money to spend is some sort of star.

Comment

Could be wrong but this may just be another expensive shirt and a phony bragging point to fool people into thinking an average division one type player whose parents have money to spend is some sort of star.
                              At least its a start. Whenever something good happens to a club , there will always be envious people talk crap.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X