Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBU west board and coaches integrity

I have been around soccer in the bay area for over 12 years, watched numerous youth soccer games, and talked to numerous parents, the one theme you hear repetitively is how this club coaches are weak and board of directors is full of people with no integrity.
    Just plain bunch of liers. Very unfortunate for some parents and players who feel stuck! But options are getting better. You just have to be ok with a bit more travel and look at the big picture, if you care about player development, care about honesty and most importantly care about your child, then it's a couple of extra minutes of your day to go to Celtic or even Seminole shooting stars. forget about this ****ty of a club.
    I have seen and heard of many players staying with this club until they are 13 or 14 then someone tells them you are no good no more because we have someone new who happen to move from another area and is better, regardless of the fact this player spent most of his development years with TBU Westbut was unable to pay some coaches for private lessons, he is no good now. very sad to the player and his or her parents.
    If you care the least about your child stay away from this club.

Very true, many parents are sick of this club.
    Just look at the turnout on their comp. soccer year after year.
    Teams are getting worse because good players leave to better clubs.

Comment

I agree, been out for a couple of years with Celtic and that was the main reason I left, really bad coaches.
      not sure about the directors but sounds typical of what the promises were Vs facts on the ground.

Comment

"One has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so."
        Not at this club..

Comment

Here is the list to be accurate, can you say whom lied to you or got you concerned? Integrity is a big concern to everyone

Name Position Email Address
          Lee Haas President
          Mindi Kane Secretary
          Mindi Kane Treasury
          Al Sousa Director of Coaching luscdoc@yahoo.com
          Tim Johnson Member at Large
          Randy Feeney Member at Large
          Sam Hammil Member at Large
          Scott Froncillo Member at Large

Comment

Unfortunately you get what you get, the Celtic club located in this area don't care, you leave someone else will show up without doing their homework on clubs.
            This Club has been known for cronyism among the ranks.

Comment

Unfortunately you get what you get, the TBU West club located in this area don't care, you leave someone else will show up without doing their homework on clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                Unfortunately you get what you get, the TBU West club located in this area don't care, you leave someone else will show up without doing their homework on clubs.
                Isn't this an elected Board?

Comment

I have been around soccer in the bay area for over 12 years, watched numerous youth soccer games, and talked to numerous parents, the one theme you hear repetitively is how this club coaches are weak and board of directors is full of people with no integrity.
                  Just plain bunch of liers. Very unfortunate for some parents and players who feel stuck! But options are getting better. You just have to be ok with a bit more travel and look at the big picture, if you care about player development, care about honesty and most importantly care about your child, then it's a couple of extra minutes of your day to go to Celtic or even Seminole shooting stars. forget about this ****ty of a club.
                  I have seen and heard of many players staying with this club until they are 13 or 14 then someone tells them you are no good no more because we have someone new who happen to move from another area and is better, regardless of the fact this player spent most of his development years with TBU Westbut was unable to pay some coaches for private lessons, he is no good now. very sad to the player and his or her parents.
                  If you care the least about your child stay away from this club.
                  Hilarious that you are talking about leaving one horrendous club, TBU West, to go to other horrendous clubs, Celtic & Seminole. You are a clueless soccer parent. The fact that just now you are realizing the Largo/TBU West is bad club is very telling. If you do not know what the good clubs are in the are, then you are hopeless and so it your kid at soccer.

Comment

My experience with this club is what friends told me, 3 different families trained with this club, did their summer training camps and some paid for private training with different club coaches, all three eventually were told their son or daughter is not good enough for the team, never given another option except " play rec or B team on higher age group!". Club only cares about one thing continuous flow of cash to keep paying some coaches to keep for the reputation while they are not doing much. Good players leave, no players less informed come in and leave again after their future has been waisted.
                    Board members are in it to get the free registration for their under performing kids. Some decent ones their have to do lot more to keep their kids under decent coaches but no options for many others..

Comment

My experience with this club is what friends told me, 3 different families trained with this club, did their summer training camps and some paid for private training with different club coaches, all three eventually were told their son or daughter is not good enough for the team, never given another option except " play rec or B team on higher age group!". Club only cares about one thing continuous flow of cash to keep paying some coaches to keep for the reputation while they are not doing much. Good players leave, no players less informed come in and leave again after their future has been waisted.
                      Board members are in it to get the free registration for their under performing kids. Some decent ones their have to do lot more to keep their kids under decent coaches but no options for many others..
                      You posted the same thing in the Celtic thread. Clearly, you or whoever set up these threads are a troll. Sorry that you had a problem at these clubs. Keep looking, eventually you will find a place that's a fit for your little Mia or Landon

Comment

You posted the same thing in the Celtic thread. Clearly, you or whoever set up these threads are a troll. Sorry that you had a problem at these clubs. Keep looking, eventually you will find a place that's a fit for your little Mia or Landon
                        Almost every thread on this site is from a troll. Why would anyone come on here and flamd another club, or even your own club. If your not happy just leave. If your at another club what do you care what anyone else is up to

Comment

Never dealt with the directors at TBU West so have no opinion, but we left TBU West for Celtic due to the poor coaching being offered at TBU West Our last season at TBU West I calmly asked the coach, why are you not teaching these kids how to control and possess the ball? The coach told me that he was told to put his fastest kids upfront and then have the other players try to kick the ball straight ahead and have the faster players run to it. I asked what about if you have the lead, do you not want to control the ball and work the clock, he looked at me like a deer in headlights and said why would we do that. I realized that TBU West really wasn't a club for development of ball skills. I have not kept up with how TBU West has fared as the kids aged, but I would guess that the clubs older teams have struggled due to lack of ball skills training as they moved up in age groups.

Comment

Here is the list to be accurate, can you say whom lied to you or got you concerned? Integrity is a big concern to everyone

Name Position Email Address
                            Lee Haas President
                            Mindi Kane Secretary
                            Mindi Kane Treasury
                            Al Sousa Director of Coaching luscdoc@yahoo.com
                            Tim Johnson Member at Large
                            Randy Feeney Member at Large
                            Sam Hammil Member at Large
                            Scott Froncillo Member at Large
                            We have been here for three years, parents have never had a vote on the board

Comment

Almost every thread on this site is from a troll. Why would anyone come on here and flamd another club, or even your own club. If your not happy just leave. If your at another club what do you care what anyone else is up to
                              And yet you continue to show up.......in the hopes of finding an intellectually stimulating conversation. Keep telling yourself that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X