Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Playing is one league against the same competition could be a major hinderance in player development. ECNL offers predictable competition that can hinder player creativity. Some divisions are better then others but if you get stuck in a poor division playing the same teams from U14 Thru U18 it will hurt your game in the long run. Good example is the Southeast Division of ECNL. I've personally heard from college coaches that this may be the worse division in the entire league. How many Georgia teams can participate? Tophat arguablly the top woman's club for 30 plus years has stayed away from ECNL. Tophat has stated the division needs to get better before they would consider entering, Birmingham is a joke as other teams are in this predictable division.
    Yes same is true for R3PL poor region 3 ODP girls won 1 game at interregionals. I know teams like Piedmont Triad in the U17s get their butts handed to them every game. Not sure how those girls will develop playing against such weak teams. SE weak overall, so do you want your daughter playing against the National team girls cause they nearly all play ECNL.

Comment

It's amazing the FSU won with a center forward that played NL/PLE and not ECNL. How did she manage to develop?
      She scored the game winning goal it was AWESOME! Wait, no she didn't score, what was your point?

Comment

She went to Vandy first then transferred to FSU. In today's landscape, had she been playing ECNL, she would've never wasted her time at Vandy and been offered a spot on FSU's roster
        Had she been playing ECNL she would never had the coach that she credited with her development. Without the development, she would not have been recruited to FSU.

Comment

She scored the game winning goal it was AWESOME! Wait, no she didn't score, what was your point?
          She scored BOTH goals in the semi-final against Stanford. She didn't scored against Va, but was clearly a threat throughout the game. Wait, does that clarify the point enough for you?

Comment

Playing is one league against the same competition could be a major hinderance in player development. ECNL offers predictable competition that can hinder player creativity. Some divisions are better then others but if you get stuck in a poor division playing the same teams from U14 Thru U18 it will hurt your game in the long run. Good example is the Southeast Division of ECNL. I've personally heard from college coaches that this may be the worse division in the entire league. How many Georgia teams can participate? Tophat arguablly the top woman's club for 30 plus years has stayed away from ECNL. Tophat has stated the division needs to get better before they would consider entering, Birmingham is a joke as other teams are in this predictable division.
            Well that may be to biggest load of crap I have seen in a while. A bad division in a superior league still better than the rest my friend. AND which of the coaches have you been talking to? I have spoken with many as well (feel relatively sure more than you), and according to them each division has its better divisions. An in 2 age groups the Southeast among the best.

The OCYS ECNL girls (second place in that "bad division") U17 outplayed both the #9 team in the country (tied 1-1) and the 2 time back to back State Champs PV (beat 3-1 )this past weekend. Doesn't take a rocket scientist.....

Comment

WFF teams lighting up the scoreboard in ECNL... NOT

Comment

Well that may be to biggest load of crap I have seen in a while. A bad division in a superior league still better than the rest my friend. AND which of the coaches have you been talking to? I have spoken with many as well (feel relatively sure more than you), and according to them each division has its better divisions. An in 2 age groups the Southeast among the best.

The OCYS ECNL girls (second place in that "bad division") U17 outplayed both the #9 team in the country (tied 1-1) and the 2 time back to back State Champs PV (beat 3-1 )this past weekend. Doesn't take a rocket scientist.....
                I would agree U18 and U17 have two of the better ECNL teams nationally, although they haven't performed very well in the second round but they are very strong teams and are doing well in recruitment. However, I disagree with the part about a bad division in a superior league is still better. There are teams and divisions within ENCL that aren't very attractive to college coaches. And there are NL/PLE divisions are uniquely strong. U16 age group is a good example. JFC, TH, NASA, Sunrise, TBU are pretty strong in comparison to their ECNL counterparts. As long as the player is getting better and has an opportunity to demonstrate that skill at a high level the player will get noticed and hopefully recruited to a school of their choice.

Comment

You my friend are full of ****. TopHat wants to join ECNL. At this point they are waiting until one of the clubs get dropped. Stop with your
                  Bull**** lies. You're a fool and know nothing
                  Your right, TopHat would join ECNL given the opportunity. But according their website and the ncaa recruiting spreadsheet their girls seem to be doing well in getting recruited. In fact, they had a freshman on the Va team.

Comment

I would agree U18 and U17 have two of the better ECNL teams nationally, although they haven't performed very well in the second round but they are very strong teams and are doing well in recruitment. However, I disagree with the part about a bad division in a superior league is still better. There are teams and divisions within ENCL that aren't very attractive to college coaches. And there are NL/PLE divisions are uniquely strong. U16 age group is a good example. JFC, TH, NASA, Sunrise, TBU are pretty strong in comparison to their ECNL counterparts. As long as the player is getting better and has an opportunity to demonstrate that skill at a high level the player will get noticed and hopefully recruited to a school of their choice.
                    Last year, OCYS u16 team, one of the worst in the history of the ECNL- (look it up, it was bad) had 30-40 coaches at EACH of their ECNL showcase games . EACH. That was 9 games at 30-40 each. That's a lot of coaches! I guarantee that is a lot more than all the other non ECNL teams got at their recruiting events. I would say possibly more at one game than many other good U16 teams got looking at them in ALL their games combined. And many were offered scholarships off of that. Point is, even a horrific ECNL team has tons of coaches watching

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      wff teams lighting up the scoreboard in ecnl... Not
                      not!!

Comment

WFF teams lighting up the scoreboard in ECNL... NOT
                        Exactly! How bad would it be to have to play these ECNL jokers

Comment

Exactly! How bad would it be to have to play these ECNL jokers
                          Say what you want, my daughter has several great D1 options regardless of our team record. Problem with you people is you have the Florida Soccer mentality and think it's all
                          About the team record. You're too stupid.

Comment

Last year, OCYS u16 team, one of the worst in the history of the ECNL- (look it up, it was bad) had 30-40 coaches at EACH of their ECNL showcase games . EACH. That was 9 games at 30-40 each. That's a lot of coaches! I guarantee that is a lot more than all the other non ECNL teams got at their recruiting events. I would say possibly more at one game than many other good U16 teams got looking at them in ALL their games combined. And many were offered scholarships off of that. Point is, even a horrific ECNL team has tons of coaches watching
                            Yeah, we just define success differently. You're interested in coaches watching games. I am interested in in my kid playing getting better, getting into a school of her choice, and playing on the most competitive team she can play on as long as she still enjoys the game. That can happen in an ECNL and/or non-ENCL environment, but playing on a sorry ECNL team in front of a bunch of coaches doesn't fit her goals... to each there own.

Comment

Your right, TopHat would join ECNL given the opportunity. But according their website and the ncaa recruiting spreadsheet their girls seem to be doing well in getting recruited. In fact, they had a freshman on the Va team.
                              Wow, unbelievable. Didn't think that could happen anymore without ECNL

Comment

Yeah, we just define success differently. You're interested in coaches watching games. I am interested in in my kid playing getting better, getting into a school of her choice, and playing on the most competitive team she can play on as long as she still enjoys the game. That can happen in an ECNL and/or non-ENCL environment, but playing on a sorry ECNL team in front of a bunch of coaches doesn't fit her goals... to each there own.
                                Pretty clear you've picked an inferior path. You can get into Harvard from public school, but the best students attend private school.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X