u11/u12

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really doubt it. They realize that this first year they did not attract many skillfull players. Their older group is really struggling to put a decent squad on the field on their regular weekend scrimmages. They are forced to bring up 4 to 6 kids from the younger bracket and to be honest maybe 2 at best are worthy of it.

The muddle group is better off but are still full of mediocre talent.

Hopefuly next year they will be able to be much more selective on who they bring in to their program and have a much more talented group of kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I really doubt it. They realize that this first year they did not attract many skillfull players. Their older group is really struggling to put a decent squad on the field on their regular weekend scrimmages. They are forced to bring up 4 to 6 kids from the younger bracket and to be honest maybe 2 at best are worthy of it.

The muddle group is better off but are still full of mediocre talent.

Hopefuly next year they will be able to be much more selective on who they bring in to their program and have a much more talented group of kids.
      I don't agree with your premise. Even if you think the kids are mediocre (I don't think so) and if you think they couldn't attract enough players, then they would be under more pressure to showcase exactly why their methodology works. They want to play a few friendly's to prove to the naysayer's that they know what they are doing.

Go to the FC Barcelona website. Search for FCB Escola. Look at the photo gallery. The kids are playing against other teams outside of the FCB Escola.

What they want to do here is spend a few months training them before they let them play other clubs. Imagine if the first thing they did after a few weeks was play another club. Did they teach them their methodology, their style, their tactics? Of course not. It takes time.

Comment

I know a lot of div I quality kids going in, and I believe each age group will have AT LEAST 4 teams of 12, 48 kids per age group. Some kids with talent, but little training should respond very well to this program, so the best 12 at the end of the year should be a talented and well trained group.

I would assume the team that goes to barca, spain would be a very strong team, and would do well in local div I tournaments, but it would be hard to compare that team to a local team. Florida u10s play 6v6 and are made up of kids born in 04/05. The fl escolar forms teams on the international age cut of, which is by birth year, so the escolar teams would have teams made up of younger players. Also, I do not believe they play 6v6 at that age group.

Many want to compare, but it is like comparing the US systems of measures, that are only practiced in the USA, against the metric systems, which is practiced around the world. Should FC Barcalona, which has been around for over a century, try to conform to our FYSA system, which is still in its infancy stage?

At the younger ages, go to were the best training is so when the kids play the 11v11 game, the will have all the tools necessary to find success.
        The top 04/05 teams in FL are not playing 6v6 anymore. Well past it.

Comment

The top 04/05 teams in FL are not playing 6v6 anymore. Well past it.
          whoever is saying a player is well past playing small sided, needs to watch any training session of the top clubs. FC Barca's youth teams don't even play 11 a side. They play 9v9. google FA license and look at the part that talks about 11 a side play. what a foolish comment. every training session is done in a small sided atmosphere for a reason, even for 18 and older!

Comment

whoever is saying a player is well past playing small sided, needs to watch any training session of the top clubs. FC Barca's youth teams don't even play 11 a side. They play 9v9. google FA license and look at the part that talks about 11 a side play. what a foolish comment. every training session is done in a small sided atmosphere for a reason, even for 18 and older!
            Disney Jr Showcase should be interesting. All the top U12 teams are playing up 11v11 by the looks of the Disney schedule.

http://www.gotsport.com/asp/director...&Group=Boys_13

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X