•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1333770][QUOTE=Unregistered;1333663]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

The untruth was when you stated that'

"Seems like your full of it. The only ones that left to the Escola were the ones that couldn't make the top teams. "

I know of top 11s, rising u12s, that were the top players on the best clubs first team that will be attending the Barca school. I am not saying that the whole team is going, but one here, a few there, etc.
    I guess your definition of best clubs maybe different than mine.

Comment

How will it know it was a success?

1. What metrics will it use to compare it to the current development programs used by the various clubs?

2. Escola won't play in any local leagues or local tournaments so how can it be compared to the current level of soccer.

3. Them not playing local tournaments in my OPINION is they are afraid of losing to the local clubs and it hurting their image.
      I wanted to address these three point above, as I believe the writer does not fully comprehend the Barca program.

1. Barca is not trying to compete or measure themselves against the clubs. The clubs primary focus is on winning games/tournaments to improve the coach/club status, which in turn creates more demand/money for the club. Clubs put themselves first, player second.
      FC Barca is not looking to build their name, as they are already the leader in youth development, as they are recognized around the world as the authority on developing and scouting young talent.

2. Barca will select players into the program that already are at a certain level, and have display adequate room for growth. Every player was given a score at the initial tryout, and will have three written evaluations throughout the year. Like a school, their primary is developing preteen kids to one day play the game to the best of their talents. They have nothing to prove in competing against local clubs, as their teams are based on the European age group by the calendar year. So kids will be grouped by 04, 05, etc and this would make it very difficult to play tournaments, since they would have to split the teams.

3. Again, they are not trying to prove their teams are better by winning tournaments. Barca's team are done by the calendar year, as done around the world. When they compete at the end of the year in Barca, they will also compete with players of the same birth year.
      Clubs have the kids competing at a very young age, and that is why you have parents and coaches yelling from the side lines. The best academic environments are where a child can learn their lessons and skill in an atmosphere free from all pressure and stress. Barca calls the pre teen years pre competitive years, since this is the time they are to focus on development before playing the game 11 v 11. Barca will have Saturday scrimmages, but again, this is not to see what team is better or who will win. It is the kids weekly test to see if they are able to transfer what they learned during the week into the game.

Though this is the first school in the usa, it is not the first school they have opened off sight. They have been doing camps for over 7years, and they have done their homework. This school will be a success for for sure, and will only grow in time. In time, they will open one up on the west coast and north east. We are lucky to have the first school in our own backyard.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1333776][QUOTE=Unregistered;1333770]

I guess your definition of best clubs maybe different than mine.
        The best clubs at this age group are doral, Weston, west pines, parma, pinecrest, who all had players attend the tryouts. What is your definition of the best south florida clubs at this age group?

Honestly, it seems like many just want to bitch and mown about this program, when they should be happy that we in south florida have one more very good option. Why would you the consumer be unhappy when you are offered more choices for you child. Again, be happy, as some kids in other areas have very little options in a 30 mile radius.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1333829][QUOTE=Unregistered;1333776]

The best clubs at this age group are doral, Weston, west pines, parma, pinecrest, who all had players attend the tryouts. What is your definition of the best south florida clubs at this age group?

Honestly, it seems like many just want to bitch and mown about this program, when they should be happy that we in south florida have one more very good option. Why would you the consumer be unhappy when you are offered more choices for you child. Again, be happy, as some kids in other areas have very little options in a 30 mile radius.
          Another genius that did not understand the question nor the response.

No one is moaning about the program, just clarifying that the escola did not dilute the club teams from top players or numbers in general.

Comment

I wanted to address these three point above, as I believe the writer does not fully comprehend the Barca program.

1. Barca is not trying to compete or measure themselves against the clubs. The clubs primary focus is on winning games/tournaments to improve the coach/club status, which in turn creates more demand/money for the club. Clubs put themselves first, player second.
            FC Barca is not looking to build their name, as they are already the leader in youth development, as they are recognized around the world as the authority on developing and scouting young talent.

2. Barca will select players into the program that already are at a certain level, and have display adequate room for growth. Every player was given a score at the initial tryout, and will have three written evaluations throughout the year. Like a school, their primary is developing preteen kids to one day play the game to the best of their talents. They have nothing to prove in competing against local clubs, as their teams are based on the European age group by the calendar year. So kids will be grouped by 04, 05, etc and this would make it very difficult to play tournaments, since they would have to split the teams.

3. Again, they are not trying to prove their teams are better by winning tournaments. Barca's team are done by the calendar year, as done around the world. When they compete at the end of the year in Barca, they will also compete with players of the same birth year.
            Clubs have the kids competing at a very young age, and that is why you have parents and coaches yelling from the side lines. The best academic environments are where a child can learn their lessons and skill in an atmosphere free from all pressure and stress. Barca calls the pre teen years pre competitive years, since this is the time they are to focus on development before playing the game 11 v 11. Barca will have Saturday scrimmages, but again, this is not to see what team is better or who will win. It is the kids weekly test to see if they are able to transfer what they learned during the week into the game.

Though this is the first school in the usa, it is not the first school they have opened off sight. They have been doing camps for over 7years, and they have done their homework. This school will be a success for for sure, and will only grow in time. In time, they will open one up on the west coast and north east. We are lucky to have the first school in our own backyard.
            This is a great response for those competition hungry club parents who are trying to wrap their heads around this program. It is not a club team trying to win games or do what the club teams do. It is something different and not even in the same category. Really no reason to compare, let each do his own thing.

A great option for parents tired or the rat race of competitive youth soccer to try and change the mold their young children. Good Luck Barca!!!!

Comment

That is all well but you still haven't articulated how can the consumer gauge which program is better.

There is a tournament call the Danone Cup in may at Disney that the teams are based on birth year, maybe you can go to that one. Some of us would like to see how the Escola compares to the clubs and potentially make a switch.

There are clubs like Parma, Doral, Weston, West Pines who play up and do well against the older kids maybe you can do that. Using the birth year just isn't a good excuse on why not to play against clubs.

You are promoting the same things as the clubs, just like from club to clubs the training method differs and we as parents just have to find the right training method for our kids. But if there is not some measuring point to see how the Escola performs against the other methods its a moot point.

Right now it just sounds like if you want to learn soccer in a none competitive environment come to Barca FC.

Some learn faster than others so for those it seems like the club route is better.

Comment

That is all well but you still haven't articulated how can the consumer gauge which program is better.

There is a tournament call the Danone Cup in may at Disney that the teams are based on birth year, maybe you can go to that one. Some of us would like to see how the Escola compares to the clubs and potentially make a switch.

There are clubs like Parma, Doral, Weston, West Pines who play up and do well against the older kids maybe you can do that. Using the birth year just isn't a good excuse on why not to play against clubs.

You are promoting the same things as the clubs, just like from club to clubs the training method differs and we as parents just have to find the right training method for our kids. But if there is not some measuring point to see how the Escola performs against the other methods its a moot point.

Right now it just sounds like if you want to learn soccer in a none competitive environment come to Barca FC.

Some learn faster than others so for those it seems like the club route is better.
                I am not the poster of that message but I think you are missing the point. Barca Escola does not have to play Florida clubs because they don't care about competing with florida clubs. They know they are a better option for your kids development without ever playing the other clubs. How do they know that? Because they are BARCA FC and they have years of experience developing REAL players, not Florida club players.

It is kind of like asking the Mike Tyson why he never fought the 500th ranked contender from the local boxing gym. No reason. He knew he was better.

Comment

I am not the poster of that message but I think you are missing the point. Barca Escola does not have to play Florida clubs because they don't care about competing with florida clubs. They know they are a better option for your kids development without ever playing the other clubs. How do they know that? Because they are BARCA FC and they have years of experience developing REAL players, not Florida club players.

It is kind of like asking the Mike Tyson why he never fought the 500th ranked contender from the local boxing gym. No reason. He knew he was better.
                  How do we know they are a better option, what we are asking is please show us.

Weston FC, Schultz Academy, Kendall has put players on the national teams and have played overseas professionally.

Just because their product is good in Europe it doesn't mean it will work here or is the best option by default, prove it.

Parma, Weston, Miami Lakes,West Pines have sent teams and players to go and compete in European and south american tournaments and they have done very well.

Or you just expect us to take their word for it. If so I can sell you the magic potion to make you fly.

Hey next time you talk to Mike Tyson ask him about his fight with Buster Douglas.

"BARCA FC and they have years of experience developing REAL players, not Florida club players." La Escola is not La Masia which is where Messi and friends were developed.

Comment

How do we know they are a better option, what we are asking is please show us.

Weston FC, Schultz Academy, Kendall has put players on the national teams and have played overseas professionally.

Just because their product is good in Europe it doesn't mean it will work here or is the best option by default, prove it.

Parma, Weston, Miami Lakes,West Pines have sent teams and players to go and compete in European and south american tournaments and they have done very well.

Or you just expect us to take their word for it. If so I can sell you the magic potion to make you fly.

Hey next time you talk to Mike Tyson ask him about his fight with Buster Douglas.

"BARCA FC and they have years of experience developing REAL players, not Florida club players." La Escola is not La Masia which is where Messi and friends were developed.
                    Again, I don't think you get the point. They don't have to prove themselves to anyone. If you don't want your kid to try it out, don't send him. There are plenty of others that believe in the Barca name and the credibility it lends without playing in some little local tournaments.

I also add that just because a "Team" is strong, does not mean the individual players are developing to the best of their abilities. Winning a tournament may mean nothing for your kid or my kids development.

Comment

Again, I don't think you get the point. They don't have to prove themselves to anyone. If you don't want your kid to try it out, don't send him. There are plenty of others that believe in the Barca name and the credibility it lends without playing in some little local tournaments.

I also add that just because a "Team" is strong, does not mean the individual players are developing to the best of their abilities. Winning a tournament may mean nothing for your kid or my kids development.
                      They don't have to prove anything to anyone? Really.

My kid tried out, made it, but respectfully declined.

There are plenty of others that believe in their Clubs and coaches and have gone to major international tournaments like Barcelona's tournament and done well.

Just because they attend the FL Escola chapter doesn't mean that is the best training option.

Don't beat your chest and claim your better than another then be afraid to step on the field and prove it.

Which they did claim when they were recruiting my son.

Comment

They don't have to prove anything to anyone? Really.

My kid tried out, made it, but respectfully declined.

There are plenty of others that believe in their Clubs and coaches and have gone to major international tournaments like Barcelona's tournament and done well.

Just because they attend the FL Escola chapter doesn't mean that is the best training option.

Don't beat your chest and claim your better than another then be afraid to step on the field and prove it.

Which they did claim when they were recruiting my son.
                        This is a prime example of why club soccer parents don't know much about talent development. Thinking that because a team wins a tournament that is the best place for your son's development is an American, short sighted view of player development.

The real Barca teams at La Masia get beat regularly by the local Catalon teams in scrimmages or games. Do those local teams really think they develop better players than La Masia?

Great team does not equal great player development.

Stepping on the field is not the way to "prove it". Go watch some practices, see what happens to the kids that take this route ( individually) and then judge them. Not based on some local kick about with trophies for the most aggressive, boot ball team on the weekend.

Good luck with your choice.

Comment

This is a prime example of why club soccer parents don't know much about talent development. Thinking that because a team wins a tournament that is the best place for your son's development is an American, short sighted view of player development.

The real Barca teams at La Masia get beat regularly by the local Catalon teams in scrimmages or games. Do those local teams really think they develop better players than La Masia?

Great team does not equal great player development.

Stepping on the field is not the way to "prove it". Go watch some practices, see what happens to the kids that take this route ( individually) and then judge them. Not based on some local kick about with trophies for the most aggressive, boot ball team on the weekend.

Good luck with your choice.
                          Hello parents of the new FC Barcelona,
                          Most of us would honestly not care about or bash the program but the misinformed continue posting nonsense on what the escola is and isn't.
                          Everyone knows the escola is the recreation side in Barcelona and around the world. How many current professionals trained at the escola? Zero, so what track record you pointing at.
                          I'm sure it will be a great experience for all but please stop making it into something it's not.

Comment

Everyone knows the escola is the recreation side in Barcelona and around the world. How many current professionals trained at the escola? Zero, so what track record you pointing at.
                            I'm sure it will be a great experience for all but please stop making it into something it's not.
                            This is a comment from a typical ts parent that has very little understanding of soccer outside of south Florida. The Barca Escola is not recreational, since they only accept a certain number of players, and each have to go through a tryout. Recreation will take any player and any amount. The Barca Escola is equivalent to our travel or competitive soccer, and should never be compared to La Massia, since they players are all under contract, and train for free.

There is some dummy on here keep trying to make this argument that Escola is like the rec side compared to La Massia. Do you think for one minute the youth soccer in south florida is like La Massia. The u14 torros are one of the strongest teams in the state. They won state cub, and did very well in the dallas cup. They went to play in the Barca tournament last year and could not compete. La Massia is on a whole different level and no kids in our state could earn that contract, so stop comparing it to the best youth players in the world.

The truth is that the Barca Escola's have talent level similar to our div I teams. Do you want to bet...... ask them want rating they gave your kid and share it with us. I am sure he did not get a nine or ten. Like the previous poster said, this is a school to just work on personal skills. Think of it as doing group training three days a week under a proven curriculum of skill and drills that Messi and friends went through at La Massia. Yes, the lessons and drills are the same, but just a different talent pool of players.

Think of La Massia as the gifted class, the escola and south fl div I, high level div II teams as the advance class, and recreational as the regular class. They will all cover the same lessons, but La Massia, the gifted kids, will go much further than the rest of the group.

Comment

Thanks for the link to clear this up. I am going to clarify some points for all the misinformed. Full article below.

FC Barca escolar is competitive and equivalent to our div I players. It is a feeder program into la massia. They only take kids 7-12 in the escolar, since this is the golden age of development, so if you do not have it at 12, you are not going to get it later. If any players shine in the Florida Escola, those higher ups in Barca Spain will have an eye on him

Read article below. This should help all understand what the Fl escolar is all about and what oppurtunities are available.

MANILA, Philippines—A 9-year-old Filipino football standout has been accepted to FCB Escola, the academy of one of the world’s biggest clubs, FC Barcelona, in Spain.

Sandro Reyes, a fourth grader from Southridge, got the nod of FCB Escola coaches after undergoing a rigid screening process that started when he joined a football camp in Singapore early this year. Reyes is the only homegrown Filipino who is part of the academy.

The Escola is the lower level school of Barcelona, serving as feeder into the La Masia, the fabled academy that has produced some of the finest players in the world, including World Cup winners Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi. More recently, several Escola graduates have made the Barcelona first team like Cristian Tello and Isaac Cuenca.

“It’s mind-blowing,” Reyes’ father, Edmund told the Inquirer. “We are happy. It’s the first step for Sandro to achieve his dream as a world-class player.”

The younger Reyes has been a standout in local football camps and festivals before he joined the FCB Escola camps.

Edmund Reyes, a former Marinduque congressman, said Sandro is guaranteed a slot in the academy until he graduates at 12 years old.

“He has three years to prove himself and move up to La Masia,” said the older Reyes

Read more: http://sports.inquirer.net/53176/rey...#ixzz39GqlwKXH
                              Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X