Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u11/u12

Did the barca escola diminish the u11/u12 division 1 broward teams. Seems like a lot of clubs who carried a div. 1 and div. 2 team last year are struggling to fill one team at u12.

Im not sure the word diminish is the correct one. There should be plenty of players to go around. In regards to the top quality players, yes the majority are being drawn to the F.C. Barcelona academy. The ESCOLA is really a chance for top players to get the necessary training and development needed to compete against the best players in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Im not sure the word diminish is the correct one. There should be plenty of players to go around. In regards to the top quality players, yes the majority are being drawn to the F.C. Barcelona academy. The ESCOLA is really a chance for top players to get the necessary training and development needed to compete against the best players in the world.
      And barca are laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

Another crazy crazy parent! It blowing through uninformed directly into sad.

Comment

Did the barca escola diminish the u11/u12 division 1 broward teams. Seems like a lot of clubs who carried a div. 1 and div. 2 team last year are struggling to fill one team at u12.
          lmao wow they added extra sugar to the koolaid.

What clubs had issues filling top team rosters?

Weston: U11 5 Teams U12 5 Teams
          Sunrise: U11 2 Teams U12 2 Teams
          West Pines: U11 5 Teams U12 3 Teams
          Cooper City: U11 2 Teams U12 2 Teams
          Davie: U11 3 Teams U12 2 Teams
          Elite: U11 2 Teams U12 2 Teams
          Miramar: U11 2 Teams U12 3 Teams

Seems like your full of it. The only ones that left to the Escola were the ones that couldn't make the top teams. Enjoy your $2,400 program but you know you will end up coming back out to the club scene.

End of the season they will tell you your kid did so good they will get 50% of the summer camp.

Always playing against the same kids how will that help development?

Comment

Didn't diminish the age group quality players what I hope it did do is diminish and take with it all the problem parents to la Escola, maybe they will teach them manners there.

Comment

Seems like your full of it. The only ones that left to the Escola were the ones that couldn't make the top teams. Enjoy your $2,400 program but you know you will end up coming back out to the club scene.

End of the season they will tell you your kid did so good they will get 50% of the summer camp.

Always playing against the same kids how will that help development?
              Does Davie even have a u12 team?

Comment

ok. So i may have to eat my words at a later time. I am one of those parents that are in the belief that this opportunity at my sons age of 10 1/2 is priceless. Considering that the player in question has already played in international tournaments in Spain , has excelled at being a well rounded intelligent player and has the Spanish citizenship, I believe its worth the gamble just to see where the player (my son) stands compared to other talent when he is chosen as one of the top 12 players in his age group to play in a tournament in Barcelona against the 12 top players of each other Barcelona Escola around the world. (yes I know we must pay our own way) Its ok its all about having this opportunity to see how delirious i am…or not...

every case has a different gut !!!! don't judge others decisions !!!! Direct all your energy on the positive things in your life …

good luck

Comment

ok. So i may have to eat my words at a later time. I am one of those parents that are in the belief that this opportunity at my sons age of 10 1/2 is priceless. Considering that the player in question has already played in international tournaments in Spain , has excelled at being a well rounded intelligent player and has the Spanish citizenship, I believe its worth the gamble just to see where the player (my son) stands compared to other talent when he is chosen as one of the top 12 players in his age group to play in a tournament in Barcelona against the 12 top players of each other Barcelona Escola around the world. (yes I know we must pay our own way) Its ok its all about having this opportunity to see how delirious i am…or not...

every case has a different gut !!!! don't judge others decisions !!!! Direct all your energy on the positive things in your life …

good luck
                  You sound like a very rational parent and have thought this through. I would only like to add or ask this. Why does it matter how well your son does against other rec programs around the world. The difference between professional academys in Europe and the Barcelona escolas is night and day. So, even if your son does great, does it really matter? The competition is average to weak.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1332845]lmao wow they added extra sugar to the koolaid.

Seems like your full of it. The only ones that left to the Escola were the ones that couldn't make the top teams. [QUOTE]

This is not true, as I was at the Barca tryouts and saw top u11 kids from all the top teams of West Pines, Weston, Pinecrest, Parma, and the great Doral team. I have two kids that tried out, one made it and the other did not, so we will not be participating. If money is not the issue, and one is willing to make the commute, I think this program would develop a younger player better than any club can. Once the kid is 13, the window of development starts to close, so the younger, the better.

Comment

i remember seeing players i thought were very good from all of the above mentioned clubs trying out. Which ones where picked and which ones stayed I have no idea. I myself decided to try it out and see. Looking forwards to having a life on weekends…..

Comment

There is no way F.C Barcelona first and only Escola in the USA will fail its first season. The complete opposite. They will do everything in order for it to be a success and a model as to what youth soccer and development should be in this country.

Cant wait !!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1333391][QUOTE=Unregistered;1332845]lmao wow they added extra sugar to the koolaid.

Seems like your full of it. The only ones that left to the Escola were the ones that couldn't make the top teams.

This is not true, as I was at the Barca tryouts and saw top u11 kids from all the top teams of West Pines, Weston, Pinecrest, Parma, and the great Doral team. I have two kids that tried out, one made it and the other did not, so we will not be participating. If money is not the issue, and one is willing to make the commute, I think this program would develop a younger player better than any club can. Once the kid is 13, the window of development starts to close, so the younger, the better.
                          Seems like you misunderstood the the topic and the reply. The topic was that escola caused the clubs to struggle in creating teams in this age group. The reply shows and proves this was not the case.

At no point and time did I say that none of the top players from the various clubs not go to the tryouts. Cause yes we did we even carpooled. Escola did not give a lot of details prior to the tryouts. We were curious and went to see what it was all about.

We did get selected but respectfully declined as we felt it wasn't for us. We have friends in the above referenced clubs West Pines,Parma,Doral,and Sunrise. Who did the same.

So please before you say I posted an untruth please ensure you fully comprehend the question and the response.

Comment

There is no way F.C Barcelona first and only Escola in the USA will fail its first season. The complete opposite. They will do everything in order for it to be a success and a model as to what youth soccer and development should be in this country.

Cant wait !!!
                            How will it know it was a success?

What metrics will it use to compare it to the current development programs used by the various clubs?

Escola won't play in any local leagues or local tournaments so how can it be compared to the current level of soccer.

Don't use the excuse that the teams will be brand new. As we all know there is always so many roster changes on club teams so that evens out that excuse.

Plus if they only accepted players of a certain level and their methodology is so good they should be ok. Plus we all know it's not how you start but how you finish, so they have until May. So even if they would start off slow they would have 10 months (a Season) to improve and show there methodology is better.

Them not playing local tournaments in my OPINION is they are afraid of losing to the local clubs and it hurting their image.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1333663][QUOTE=Unregistered;1333391]

Seems like your full of it. The only ones that left to the Escola were the ones that couldn't make the top teams.

Seems like you misunderstood the the topic and the reply. The topic was that escola caused the clubs to struggle in creating teams in this age group. The reply shows and proves this was not the case.

At no point and time did I say that none of the top players from the various clubs not go to the tryouts. Cause yes we did we even carpooled. Escola did not give a lot of details prior to the tryouts. We were curious and went to see what it was all about.

We did get selected but respectfully declined as we felt it wasn't for us. We have friends in the above referenced clubs West Pines,Parma,Doral,and Sunrise. Who did the same.

So please before you say I posted an untruth please ensure you fully comprehend the question and the response.
                              The untruth was when you stated that'

"Seems like your full of it. The only ones that left to the Escola were the ones that couldn't make the top teams. "

I know of top 11s, rising u12s, that were the top players on the best clubs first team that will be attending the Barca school. I am not saying that the whole team is going, but one here, a few there, etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X