X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

club loyalties!?!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed but you could make that argument most anywhere especially in the Orlando, Tampa, and Jacksonville areas. Combining any other of those areas would result in incredible teams.
    ------------------

the only difference is that those areas ... orlando, tampa, jacksonville already have at least one strong team where players can go if they want a higher level of play

seems like the whole palm beach county area is so diluted, i just mentioned the 2 boca teams, b/c they are the most obvious ... in the same city/town!
    but the entire palm beach area is diluted for no good reason (other than club politics and loyalties ... i guess, i don't really know why!?!)

Comment

I think that if all the area (fill in area) clubs would quit being jack arses they could all form good teams at some level. They should come to an agreement to pick an age group, and form the best for that area.

IE..... one club take all the great players from 2000 and all play at one club, 1999 at another, 1998 at another and so on and so on.

Comment

consolidation!

awesome idea!
        anyway we can get it started!?!
        i wish enough parents would be open to the idea
        i can't see any club 'officials' doing this ... has to come from the parents!

Comment

awesome idea!
          anyway we can get it started!?!
          i wish enough parents would be open to the idea
          i can't see any club 'officials' doing this ... has to come from the parents!
          In a way that's been happening. Parents talk among themselves on the sideline or in the parking lot. Talk again during tournaments or events like ODP. Then their kids exchange numbers and build friendships and then it begins.

Comment

Any chance the 2 boca u14 teams could ever find a way to pool their talents ?!?
            What an awesome u14 team that would be !!
            If parents could only put their kid's interest above their club loyalties ... What a wonderful thing that would be !!
            team boca has little individual talent to offer to boca united

Comment

team boca has little individual talent to offer to boca united
              You're kidding right? Which team has the only player (to my knowledge) that has National Camp experience?

No dog in this fight, just being honest.

Comment

You're kidding right? Which team has the only player (to my knowledge) that has National Camp experience?

No dog in this fight, just being honest.
                Right I agree, but besides this one player..? Just saying, I don't think that combining Boca United and Team Boca would be as big of a powerhouse as people think

Comment

Right I agree, but besides this one player..? Just saying, I don't think that combining Boca United and Team Boca would be as big of a powerhouse as people think
                  Question: do you have a "dog in this fight"? I ask because you sound reasonable and I would like more info. Here's hoping for honest discourse...

My D will be changing clubs for U15 and these clubs are possibilities. I have been leaning toward TB for one reason, this player, and frankly because it is heck of a lot easier to get to coming from East Broward.

Do you think BU is a better long-term team? I know TB brags about placing their girls in college (which is the goal) - how's BUs track record on that?

Comment

Florida could be broken down by N/S/E/W with 2 dominant teams per age group in each sector. Notice I didn't say club. One per sector does not bring healthy competiton which is needed to develop teams. The problem with most clubs is that they don't run it like a business. Many successful companies maintain open communication with their competitors and at times work together by joining industry groups. Healthy competition brings strength and value.

Comment

Boca

I really think that any time players get out of their comfort zone ... the team will improve

(i.e. playing with the same players and same coaches for years without any new infusion of talent or internal competition ... resulting in players settling a bit too much)

Both teams have a lot of talent
                      Both teams have dedicated players
                      A strong, technical, unbiased coach would absolutely be able to make a better Boca team than the 2 current ones ... Doubtful it will ever happen

Comment

Celtic u14 girls are the best u14 team that I have seen this year

Comment

Next year

I think the girls interested in a better team for next year should go to both try outs
                          They should exchange numbers and keep in touch
                          DONT automatically and immediately commit to any team right after try outs

I think ultimately, only the players who really want a higher level of competition can make it happen ... if they communicate with each other before committing

(It's also important to see who will be coaching them next year)

Comment

Where is the Celtic team located ?
                            In Palm beach county ?

Comment

In my opinion, these are the top 5 teams in the state: Clay County, FC Florida, JFC, OCYS, and WFF in alphabetical order. Those teams are spread out across the state so if the drive is manageable, your daughter may want to go tryout there. Once State Cup is over, we'll have a better idea.

Does anyone want to take a stab at the Top 10 as of now?

Comment

What about sunrise?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X