Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending approval

FYSA has not approved the use of Naples or Gateway fields. I called FYSA. They have applied but no approval yet. They should know next week. Hopefully the Storm will be honest and let everyone know if the fields are approved for Naples and Fort Myers prior to tryouts so good players are not hurt in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      FYSA has not approved the use of Naples or Gateway fields. I called FYSA. They have applied but no approval yet. They should know next week. Hopefully the Storm will be honest and let everyone know if the fields are approved for Naples and Fort Myers prior to tryouts so good players are not hurt in the process.
      They are not approved because NCRP already belongs to a club in Fire. Kelly Rd. already belongs to a club with LCS, and Jet Blue already belongs to Knights. Storm has/had Bonita YMCA, and that is where they will have to stay.

Comment

I called your boss and he said you were fire...:) you should know by next week!

Comment

FYSA Executive Committee meeting Saturday. I am guessing the decision will be made at that meeting.

Comment

I'm neutral yet realistic. I don't have anything against him or Bonita. JR was not the DOC for the Knights. He was the technical director for one year. The next year he was a coach for one team. He doesn't like GPS so he left mid season this year because the club stuck together. As for Gateway, the majority of those families will never leave Gateway. They like having all their sports for their children in their neighborhood. So having to drive to Naples for a game is not what they want. Their kids play flag football and soccer at gateway and they are happy with that. Maybe a few are competitive players out of that 700 (not 1500) in that club but will end up elsewhere. And, I'm willing to bet, you are going to be paying the distinct extra to rent the gateway fields.
            If you are planning to leave your club, do your research first. Make sure the issues you have within your current club/team are worth the risk to leave. Call FYSA first to confirm the locations are approved. They are breaking rules. I'd hate to see good players end up on one of those tournament only teams and stuck playing in the Collier County rec league next season because they did not look into this further.
            JR was released from the Knights halfway through the season. After he decided that he was going to venture away from the Knights and GPS the following year. Before he was released he met with the NFMSC directors who told him they had worked hard to get the Knights where they were over the past 2 season and that it wouldn't be in the best interest of their club to blindly follow JR on his new venture. At that point JR proceeded to bad mouth the Knights club and GPS to anyone who would listen. Now tell me how many companies are going to allow an employee to bad mouth their company and still have a job?

Comment

JR was released from the Knights halfway through the season. After he decided that he was going to venture away from the Knights and GPS the following year. Before he was released he met with the NFMSC directors who told him they had worked hard to get the Knights where they were over the past 2 season and that it wouldn't be in the best interest of their club to blindly follow JR on his new venture. At that point JR proceeded to bad mouth the Knights club and GPS to anyone who would listen. Now tell me how many companies are going to allow an employee to bad mouth their company and still have a job?
              Funny but I never heard of anyone saying that JR was bad mouthing anyone. All I know is that someone is bad mouthing him here because he represents competition. Competition is good for everyone for it makes the clubs offer the best product they can to stay in business.

Comment

The Gateway tryout/practice location is no longer shown as an option on the Adrenaline website. The Naples location is within 15 miles go Bonita and is still an option on their site.

Comment

Bonita Try Outs

For your information everything that Bonita is doing is with the approval of FYSA if not the Board Members would have not done it. This club has always abided by the rules and are not going to be breaking them now. They have HIRED the Adrenaline to help with there club since the Fire took more of there players. I know that Bonita will deliver on what is on there website pertaining to try out information they run a tight ship so I hardly thing that they would be breaking the rules and put kids registrations and play time on the line so please STOP with the drama about what Bonita is doing and run your own clubs and players the way you see fit

Comment

Enough is enough

Comment

For your information everything that Bonita is doing is with the approval of FYSA if not the Board Members would have not done it. This club has always abided by the rules and are not going to be breaking them now. They have HIRED the Adrenaline to help with there club since the Fire took more of there players. I know that Bonita will deliver on what is on there website pertaining to try out information they run a tight ship so I hardly thing that they would be breaking the rules and put kids registrations and play time on the line so please STOP with the drama about what Bonita is doing and run your own clubs and players the way you see fit
                      Who is Bonita?

Comment

FYSA has not approved anything as of now. This issue will not even be discussed until the BOD meeting at the AGM. Which is after tryouts but before any players can be registered with FYSA. As for the 15 mile rule Corckscrew middle is within 15 miles of Bonita's home field and can be used however Gateway is not which maybe why it is no longer listed as a location on their website. As for the program it looks like a lot of the same promises that JR had at the knights that he wasn't able to deliver on.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X