Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tournament(s) is/are waste of soccer time and money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tournament(s) is/are waste of soccer time and money?

1. Bazooka Soccer PreSeason Tournament
    2. 6th Annual Central Brevard Hurricane Classic
    3. West Pines kickoff Classic
    4. Adidas Columbus Day Classic
    5. Phoenix Cup 2014
    6. Plantation Thanksgiving Classic
    7. Orange Classic (Disney and Final Four Showcase might soon drive OC to the ground, but remains to be seen???)
    8. ???
    9. ???
    10. ???

The Breakers will win them all so in a sense they are a waste of time for anyone fullish enough to face us.
    Go BREAKERS!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      5. Phoenix Cup 2014
      7. Orange Classic (Disney and Final Four Showcase might soon drive OC to the ground, but remains to be seen???)
      8. ???
      9. ???
      10. ???
      depends on the level of the team and what you are expecting to gain from it. I'm only familiar with a few of the above, Bazooka is your classic USA League level tournament, again, going would depend on what you expect to gain, though it is a tournament and teams going want to win. the orange classic is a showcase, and teams, while they want to win, go there with a different expectation altogether. Disney and Final Four are also showcases and they are recruiting opportunities for players. Final Four Showcase will not be in Florida next year.

Comment

5. Phoenix Cup 2014
        8. ???
        9. ???
        10. ???
        Any tournament at Orlando City.

Comment

5. Phoenix Cup 2014
          8. ???
          9. ???
          10. ???
          The top tournament in Florida is the Disney Showcase. It is also one of the best senior showcase tournaments in the country. The qualifier for this tournament is normally very competitive also.

The Disney Junior Showcase is the most competitive junior tournament on the east coast.

Orange Classic is a "B" level showcase tournament for senior teams/players, but can be relevant for 11 and 12 year old age groups.

The other tournaments listed are just local tournaments with one being as good or bad as the other. The can all let younger age groups see where they stack up against other local competition. It really depends on the level of outside competition that comes to play in these local tournaments to say if they will be competitive or not.

The Florida State Cup tournament is the best Florida (player only) soccer tournament in the 13-18/19 age groups.

The Region Cup and Presidents Cup are the best U12 tournaments.

Comment

5. Phoenix Cup 2014
            8. ???
            9. ???
            10. ???
            What a dumb ***** thread.

Must've been started by a dumb *****.

I'm sure you've been to all of the above tournaments with your "elite" team. GTFOH.

Comment

The Southeastern Cup in Jacksonville.

Comment

The Southeastern Cup in Jacksonville.
                Get a real team and attend a real tournament .

Comment

Plantation and Weston tournaments are fun local south florida tournaments. West Pines a little less, but still a good time. If your team wants to do local tournaments in south florida, I recommend all 3. All other south florida tournaments are lucky to field an age group.

Comment

Sarasota Cup, terrible fields, no bathrooms close and no where to buy food or drinks. Don't be fooled by their ad with plush fields, we played there last year and those plush fields turned into a cow patty field that lacked restrooms and was dangerous to the kids on the field

Comment

Another elite patent that think only their kid is the best and only the tournaments that they attend is the best. Screw everyone else who wants to play. What a crap attitude.

Comment

Theres that devil worship preverted tournament. I refuse to say the fifthy name they call it.

Comment

Another elite patent that think only their kid is the best and only the tournaments that they attend is the best. Screw everyone else who wants to play. What a crap attitude.
                          I agree, though i think wrst pines is as good as the others, fields are still pretty good at least. Miami lakes used to be a good tournament to end the year or as a warm-up for disney. Past few years been on a big downturn. Not even sure what it called anymore, other than I get 1000 emails asking me to buy their tournament shirts that nobody wants.

Comment

what post are you replying about? can't see the connection. OP asked for best/worst, etc. everyone's opinions should be allowed. I did not read anyone thinking they were elite or their team was elite. I saw some very valid information as to distinction between tournaments and showcases, tournaments are good for jr teams and not so good for sr teams.

Comment

Naples Cup

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X