Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region 3 GODP is broken

4 games, 4 age groups, 3 losses, 1 draw. 0 goals. 5 against.
    Time to clean house.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Time to clean house.
    ok. I am acronym challanged. What is Region 3 godp?

Comment

Let me try to interpret: When a player in FL is chosen for State Godp, and then they impress region Godp coaches, they are then chosen for Region 3 Godp. Hope this helps!

Comment

You mean Girls ODP?

Comment

You mean Girls ODP?
          3/4 of the 1998 team is from Top Hat. They just got their arses handed to them at CASL in the National League games...WTG ODP!!! As far as the FLA girls go the two TBU girls are pretty good, but the WFF girl is a slender midget.

Comment

Time to clean house.
            Can you post a link of the results, please?

Comment

Time to clean house.
              Look, I'm not expert, but I have watched a fair bit of this. It seems to me they should run ODP trials and the region iii camp more like a combine. Instead, they have far too many kids and not enough coaches, the do a couple of drills for an hour and then they scrimmage. While all that is going on, often the coaches aren't paying attention. So they select those based on size or speed or a coaches recommendation or the kid that scored that day.

They can run it how ever they want, but I don't believe we are getting the hardest working, best skilled soccer players on these teams. Typically, I think Florida shows pretty well, so it can't be hurting them too badly. I just think they could have a better process for evaluating talent.

Comment

Love how the parents of kids who didn't get selected come on here to bash the kids who did. I'm sure if their kids were playing in Boca this week they'd be singing a different tune right now regardless of the results.

Comment

3/4 of the 1998 team is from Top Hat. They just got their arses handed to them at CASL in the National League games...WTG ODP!!! As far as the FLA girls go the two TBU girls are pretty good, but the WFF girl is a slender midget.
                  Rude commenting on youth girl's builds. I can only imagine how you are built.

Comment

Love how the parents of kids who didn't get selected come on here to bash the kids who did. I'm sure if their kids were playing in Boca this week they'd be singing a different tune right now regardless of the results.
                    My kid did make it. She would just like to be playing with better players -- probably your kid holding them back because of the poor selection process. You better hope they don't fix it or that good feeling you have may disappear.

Comment

Rude commenting on youth girl's builds. I can only imagine how you are built.
                      Saying "Slender" is rude? STFU. That's polite. You're a twit.

Comment

Really? last year there was a bunch of FLA girls and umm the teams scored, why are defending a 50% redux in FLA girls selected?

Comment

Really? last year there was a bunch of FLA girls and umm the teams scored, why are defending a 50% redux in FLA girls selected?
                          I'll bet your the same one who comes on here bashing ECNL and how good Tophat is right? They have the biggest contingent of players in Region 3 in Boca this week.

Comment

Update

Time to clean house.
                            8 games, 4 age groups, 5 losses, 3 draws. 3 goals. 12 against.
                            Goals scored by 99's in 3-3 draw. No goals thus far from 97's, 98's and 2000.

Comment

Our region has both FLA and Texas and all we get is a bunch of GA girls who can't seem to score against real competition.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X