Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-12 DA Games Played With 1 Ref

1 ref per game is killing the DA program. Every other play is an outsides call not being called to the far pitch. Embarrassing these lads are learning bad football until they play U13.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    1 ref per game is killing the DA program. Every other play is an outsides call not being called to the far pitch. Embarrassing these lads are learning bad football until they play U13.
    LADS??? This isn't Britain, it's US and they called boys...Plus isn't U12 small sided game? There are only so many referees around

Comment

As a parent with a kid currently in the U12 DA program I can say that while not ideal, it's really not that big of a deal. Yes, some offside calls are missed, but the same can be said for games with AR's as well. It is 9v9 on a pretty small pitch. The concept is still there, and yes the boys are learning. Very happy so far!!!

Comment

The games do not matter. This is why they have 26 players. No standings, so relax and just watch the game.

Comment

As a parent with a kid currently in the U12 DA program I can say that while not ideal, it's really not that big of a deal. Yes, some offside calls are missed, but the same can be said for games with AR's as well. It is 9v9 on a pretty small pitch. The concept is still there, and yes the boys are learning. Very happy so far!!!
          We were in Barcelona last year and happen to stop and watch some local youth games; mostly u9-u12. Some games included teams from La Liga teams. Interestingly none of the games had more than one ref and offside was generally called loosely. Even more interesting, I say a number of clear errors by the ref on offside calls that were far away yet none of the parents complained - they complained about every other call but not about offside calls.

Comment

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

In america we like having more then one Referee we can afford it in this country !

Comment

"Killing" the DA program? You have a lot to learn. DA has many faults but not having a full ref squad is not "killing" the program. Beyond the fact that it's small sided, results don't matter at this age.

Comment

True results don't matter at this age for the DA but they matter to the 11 year old kid the first year the DA progam has run this age group. Results matter to kids more at this age then any other the transparency of fair play is recorded in the minds of a 11 year old not in the results. I will have to say the training is intensive for this age group as well will see the burn out levels soon I am sure DA program needs to think of the age group and family needs at this age as well.

Comment

True results don't matter at this age for the DA but they matter to the 11 year old kid the first year the DA progam has run this age group. Results matter to kids more at this age then any other the transparency of fair play is recorded in the minds of a 11 year old not in the results. I will have to say the training is intensive for this age group as well will see the burn out levels soon I am sure DA program needs to think of the age group and family needs at this age as well.
                    Here's an idea.....if you don't like it, don't try out for the U12 DA. Those of us that are actually already doing it are fine with it. Stay away from DA!

Comment

First, your kid should be focused on improving his play, not on the result. You do as you please, but if i were you the result is the last thing you should worry about.

I agree with you that the DA program should re-think starting at u12. 11 is too young. But, it is the system we have. You choose to do it, or your don't. Either way, at this age, forget about the result, and help your kid become a better player.

Comment

First, your kid should be focused on improving his play, not on the result. You do as you please, but if i were you the result is the last thing you should worry about.

I agree with you that the DA program should re-think starting at u12. 11 is too young. But, it is the system we have. You choose to do it, or your don't. Either way, at this age, forget about the result, and help your kid become a better player.
                        Agreed. At this age more than others, the DA should be a development academy focused on development.

Comment

Which stands in direct opposition to the thinking that the earlier kids learn how to play the game properly the better off they and soccer as a whole will be. For it's many, many faults this is actually something USSF is trying to do right. Small sided games, lots of touches, results don't count.

Comment

Oh Boy...your kids already ****ed in the head! Great job dad

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X