This Pulisic kid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give the kid some time before every american hails him as the greatest player ever...

This guy in the story below was supposed to be the next George Best and look how he turned out

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/fro...nd-back-again/

Comment

great assistance to goal for the dortmund equaliser against real madrid ,kid is good should start the game

Comment

They are doing exactly what they should with him. They have several quality players in his position and are finding him minutes. Kinsman is the idiot he refuses to play him despite no good players in his position.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          great assistance to goal for the dortmund equaliser against real madrid ,kid is good should start the game
          Actually he meant to pass to another player, ball gets deflected to Schurle who scores...but give him credit for beating a couple guys before the cross..

Comment

Actually he meant to pass to another player, ball gets deflected to Schurle who scores...but give him credit for beating a couple guys before the cross..
            Yes, this kid seems to be the luckiest player I have ever seen, even many of his goals, but he must make that luck with good instinct and soccer IQ, knowing where/when to be.

When I saw him at the Nike friendlies about 3 years ago I have to say I was not impressed. The Brazilians in particular abused him, numerous turnovers due to being out-quicked/smarted/skilled. But then later I read how well he did against that team in particular, and the Dortmund people apparently "discovered" him there at that tournament. I have to admit I cannot figure this sport out ...

BUT, very happy to see American kids doing well overseas. I have always suspected the dearth of US players overseas is not due to lack of ability but lack of opportunity. This kid proves it.

Comment

Yes, this kid seems to be the luckiest player I have ever seen, even many of his goals, but he must make that luck with good instinct and soccer IQ, knowing where/when to be.

When I saw him at the Nike friendlies about 3 years ago I have to say I was not impressed. The Brazilians in particular abused him, numerous turnovers due to being out-quicked/smarted/skilled. But then later I read how well he did against that team in particular, and the Dortmund people apparently "discovered" him there at that tournament. I have to admit I cannot figure this sport out ...

BUT, very happy to see American kids doing well overseas. I have always suspected the dearth of US players overseas is not due to lack of ability but lack of opportunity. This kid proves it.
              I was at that game against Brazil and I don't know what the heck you are talking about. The only kid that looked anywhere close to dangerous on the American side was Pulisic. Now the other players and the team, that day, did not have a good game, but it was clear to see the quality that Pulisic had. You must not be that knowledgeable when it comes to soccer.

Comment

I was at that game against Brazil and I don't know what the heck you are talking about. The only kid that looked anywhere close to dangerous on the American side was Pulisic. Now the other players and the team, that day, did not have a good game, but it was clear to see the quality that Pulisic had. You must not be that knowledgeable when it comes to soccer.
                Indeed, I am not a soccer expert and dont really care to be except as it relates to helping my children with constructive advice (which coach never provides).

Pulisic looked dangerous with his runs, advanced the ball well as he always does, but I noticed his technical skill and quickness in close quarters was lacking. He did not have good quality when pressured by superior athletes/players in my view. He also was not as fast as the Brazilian players. He lost the ball numerous times in tight situations. Twitch speed low, technical ability low.

At the time, I remember thinking that cant be good for his career and it was sort of sad given how hyped he was. But as I said, Dortmunt people who know soccer obviously did not take away the same conclusion.

I think the lesson here is that being dangerous with your runs and having high soccer IQ - knowing where/when to be - is more important than close quarters skill/combat or even technical ability.

Comment

It was a good play but nothing special. Schurrle's shot, on the other hand, was a laser with his weaker foot. Overall, Dortmund plays an attacking style that is good for Pulisic's development. You can see that the whole team goes right to goal if they can.

Comment

Puli is the real deal

Comment

Puli is the real deal
                      One of Dortmund's best young players. If was on an EPL team , he wouldn't get all that playing time. Stay at dortmund, they develop players...never know , maybe one day Bayern will make a offer for him

Comment

Who cares about Bayern. He is in the right position and should stay a year or two more before exploring any steps. Borrussia is a huge club in a top league. Not sure how you are measuring success.

Comment

Any of those places would be better than trying to develop on an MLS team here

Comment

He will not come to MLS until end of his career hopefully

Comment

The dude who says CP is not technical and can't handle tight spaces is absolutely clueless. He is clearly the most technical player the US has yet produced and his strength lies in his technique, vision and soccer IQ. He is very un American in his style of play. He absolutely was developed at PA Classics. However his father was always his coach. His father was a very different player (built like a fire hydrant) In fact I think CP's soccer more favors his mother. His father is however an outstanding coach and always stressed technique in young players. He coached both boys and girls at Pa Classics and all were the better for it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X