Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think Weston is looking like the better team of the two. Not just by schedule, but by margins of W and L's.
    Boca United 4-15-1 so far!

Comment

Yaay! I posted the same info on 3 different threads. I am so, so special. Look at me.

Comment

Looks like Weston will end up slightly better than sucky. BU will end up sucky.
        Congrats to both.

Comment

Looks like Weston will end up slightly better than sucky. BU will end up sucky.
          Congrats to both.
          Both clubs are embarrassing themselves big time.

Comment

It's a bit entertaining to see the sizable posts about teams that struggle to win. Boca and Weston both lose a lot and the Flames are not fairing too much better. All 3 can't find wins on a consistent basis.

Comment

ECNL should have a self govern body give year end evaluations of all its clubs in a detailed breakdown for the public to see this will help all pick a club based on independent input not public out cry....

Why do we as the paying public have to figure out this we as paying parents should get a graded detail of all clubs by the ECNL itself age group by age group .... That alot better then parent x telling me why Weston better then Boca because they beat them all the time !

Comment

ECNL should have a self govern body give year end evaluations of all its clubs in a detailed breakdown for the public to see this will help all pick a club based on independent input not public out cry....

Why do we as the paying public have to figure out this we as paying parents should get a graded detail of all clubs by the ECNL itself age group by age group .... That alot better then parent x telling me why Weston better then Boca because they beat them all the time !
                ECNL should have a mechanism to prevent people from writing run-on sentences without any proper punctuation.

ECNL is private company. What obligation do they have to the paying public? You have been on welfare way too long. Stop waiting for the government to do things for you.

Comment

What south florida club would do better?

Comment

What south florida club would do better?
                    Good question. For all of the individual talent in South Florida, all the clubs have succeeded in doing is tearing apart any attempt at structured development. Too many self-serving, egotistical coaches and DOC's with no agenda other than padding their pockets. Every other region of Florida has succeeded in concentrating talent in one or two successful clubs; WFF/TBU, OCYS/FKK, JFC/FESA. South Florida is a cesspool of con men running clubs.

Comment

Good question. For all of the individual talent in South Florida, all the clubs have succeeded in doing is tearing apart any attempt at structured development. Too many self-serving, egotistical coaches and DOC's with no agenda other than padding their pockets. Every other region of Florida has succeeded in concentrating talent in one or two successful clubs; WFF/TBU, OCYS/FKK, JFC/FESA. South Florida is a cesspool of con men running clubs.
                      More complaints. You posed the problem. What is the solution? Or can you only bitch about the obvious?

Comment

More complaints. You posed the problem. What is the solution? Or can you only bitch about the obvious?
                        Sorry, you misunderstand. I'm not complaining, in fact I could not care less. I'm not even from South Florida. Just thought it might help if I defined the (obvious) problem for you.

Comment

Sorry, you misunderstand. I'm not complaining, in fact I could not care less. I'm not even from South Florida. Just thought it might help if I defined the (obvious) problem for you.
                          Useless.

Comment

Good point ! The solution is stop trying to be the self proclaimed expert in soccer and remember your a DAD not a soccer guru. Let each club make there own adjustments period and stop looking at win/lose records ! The other solution is ask for a grading club level by the ECNL open to public or players of parents in this group why because I think they have a better understanding then a soccer DAD does on grading a club in this area. There are scouting in the ECNL league correct then there should be checks and balances in this league for clubs and parents of clubs they belong too. Make a club accountable but the measurement cannot be just win / loss record it has to be a fair grade age group by age group.

Comment

They are up to 5 wins now!

Boca United U14s 1-8-0 8 GS, 30 GA 11th of 12 teams
                              Boca United U15s 2-5-2, 8 GS, 35 GA 9th of 12 teams
                              Boca United U16s 1-7-1 11 GS, 33 GA 11th of 12 teams
                              Boca United U17s 1-6-2, 11 GS, 27 GA 10th of 12 teams
                              Boca United U18s 0-9-0 3 GS, 46 GA 12th of 12 teams

Boca United teams 5-35-3 41 GS, 166 GA, 10th of 12 teams

Comment

Observation from the inside

Within Weston's ECNL teams, first and foremost I will say for the most part many of the problems are correctable yet ignored.

1. Coaching: from my full in game and video observations they continally put girls out of position and thus set them up for failure. This is not to say the girls do not have talent but they don't seem to set them up to take advantage of their strengths. On our team our head coach seems to think one of the players is a forward, when clearly she is not. She has no speed whatsoever, to the point it looks painful to watch her run. She has no sharp movements, no bursts, and no stamina.

That is not to say she is not a good player, she has a good touch for example that is more suited for a midfield position. Just because you can juggle 300 in a row doesn't mean you understand the game or can play any position you or your parents demand.

2. Girls Gone Wild: Team in particular do not hold the girls accountable, nearly 50-75% simply do not come to practice yet still show up for games and get full minutes if not play the entire game; this happens on a weekly and consistent basis and to this day. When they do show, they show up late with no consequences. Our discovery players show up every 4-6 weeks when not inconvenienced.

3. Team Talent: this particular team does have talent, but no chemistry whatsoever. When only 6-7 girls show up for practice out of a roster of 20 plus you see why. They are rarely corrected in practice or in the game. When playing Top Hat you see them playing wide line to line, when you see this team they consistently use the center 3rd at any and all costs including turning the ball over at record pace. Watching game film there is always girls wide open outside yet ever if at all receive the ball, and it's not ever corrected.

4. Goalies: How this club and team selected some of these girls is beyond me, including but not limited to the goalies. We have one solid goalie, the other makes you start challenging your vision yet plays every other full game (this isn't rec where everyone gets a ribbon). Most of these girls are talented, there are a few that drop off so bad that you would have to believe someone somewhere is doing favors considering the turnout at tryouts.

5. Selection Comittee: How a coach or coaches select a player on the first night of tryouts without previous knowledge of said player is mindboggling, then proceed to tell said players they do not have to return for continued evaluation.. From my observation many players had both good and bad nights in total but coaches had already selected half the team the first night with much of it based on where they previously played (including letting the girls show up with previous team attire) or hearsay. I know because one of the main questions the coach(s) asked the girls was where and or who did they play for.

What does that matter? How about trusting your eyes and not being lazy about evaluating. From my understanding is if you played for Sunrise or an ECNL team you automatically made the team and were offered a position on the spot irrelavent of what they saw on the field, safe to say that backfired.

This is not a rant with the goal of smearing a club but one of frustration with so many of the problems easily correctable. In the end do not believe some of these ECNL teams are bad, they have the talent but not the tutelage and discipline to get them to this level or the next.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X