Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why would joining Weston or Boca make the most sense? 25 years of mediocre coaching and that changes overnight? Get real
    Because US Soccer has dictated the two clubs in this area. Boca United and Weston. I didn't do it and whether or not I agree is pointless. You are obviously $ financially invested in Sunrise otherwise if you would let the defensive posture down for a minute you would see what everyone else on this board is saying. Sunrise is not the answer long term. Be part of the longer term picture is what I think most everyone is saying.

Comment

Because US Soccer has dictated the two clubs in this area. Boca United and Weston. I didn't do it and whether or not I agree is pointless. You are obviously $ financially invested in Sunrise otherwise if you would let the defensive posture down for a minute you would see what everyone else on this board is saying. Sunrise is not the answer long term. Be part of the longer term picture is what I think most everyone is saying.
      What don't you understand?
      Sunrise is literally committing every single girl top to bottom of every eligible age to top schools. This isn't BS, it is simply a fact. This fact won't change no matter how many times you try and say that all the top players should leave Sunrise and migrate to the worst two clubs in the whole Southwest area, namely Boca and Weston.

The idea that the competition stinks in R3 is just another lie.

Furthermore we will see what happens when Boca and Weston are forced to choose between ECNL and DA.

Frankly I wouldn't spend a penny nor waste one minute being a part of Boca or Weston.
      My kid is a competitor and she has always been on a top team and she likes that evil word called "winning".

Boca and Weston will always be a disaster no matter how many leagues or A licenses that they have.

Comment

Great perspective, but no one on this forum is thinking longer term when their child is involved. If in high school, they only need to look 2-3 years ahead. DA starts next year. It will not really get traction for another year or two after that. So any player in U16 or older are good to stay where they are. It is the U13, U14, U15 groups that need to make a decision in very short order. Do they stick it out and hope that things stay as is, or tryout for DA. But there is another big decision for a barely teenager. Do I forfeit 4 years of socialization in high school soccer? And for what? GDA is not setup for girls to move the pros. The NWSL is barely started. Colleges will still recruit from all teams, not just the DA program.

That's my 2 cents. Let the arguing begin. Go!

Comment

Gda

Great perspective, but no one on this forum is thinking longer term when their child is involved. If in high school, they only need to look 2-3 years ahead. DA starts next year. It will not really get traction for another year or two after that. So any player in U16 or older are good to stay where they are. It is the U13, U14, U15 groups that need to make a decision in very short order. Do they stick it out and hope that things stay as is, or tryout for DA. But there is another big decision for a barely teenager. Do I forfeit 4 years of socialization in high school soccer? And for what? GDA is not setup for girls to move the pros. The NWSL is barely started. Colleges will still recruit from all teams, not just the DA program.

That's my 2 cents. Let the arguing begin. Go!
          Let's break it down.

The GDA teams will be comprised of 2 age groups.
          So let's just say that there will be 20 kids on each team.

Boca and Weston will have DA so there will be a total of 20 kids playing DA in each age group for all of South Florida.

Now let's assume for at least the first 3-4 years half of the top talent will want to play the next highest level assuming it's ECNL because they want to play High School.
          With that assumption only 10 of the top players in each age group in all of South Florida will be playing GDA.

You may agree or disagree but that is how it will probably play out.

Comment

It is about coaching and training. It happens at every club you can get a good or bad coach. It is no different than at Boca or Weston. I have researched every club to make the best decision for my daughter. All have their flaws and their strengths. She played as a discovery player for a couple years and that didn't quite work. Sunrise doesn't have political influence or money to get DA it's that simple. It has nothing to do with developing players. The move to Sunrise came after researching the pros and cons of each club. My oldest daughter was at Weston when Carlos and Tricia were there and the development was subpar. It is a mistake many people first make. Her being my oldest and with no sense of how soccer worked I fell for the UMiami and A license trap. She ended up quitting by 17. My youngest daughter now at Sunrise trained all summer, practice is rarely canceled, and the training is excellent. All this brings me back to my first point, as a parent you have to evaluate which situation is best for your daughter. Look who is the person in charge of developing, evaluate play time, and what else you think is most important. For me training and developing is the most important. I have heard nightmares about coaches at Sunrise and have seen some bad ones in person. Lito, Russ, Mike are all examples of coaches Sunrise needs to replace. Not every coach at every club is a good one, I learned that the hard way. But the training she is getting now is the best training she has ever gotten.
            You seem researched and eloquent. Could you elaborate why those 3 coaches should be replaced? looking for valid opinions, not daddy coach, etc.

Comment

Sunrise will get ECNL & new fields. no doubt about it!

Comment

Sunrise will get ECNL & new fields. no doubt about it!
                If Sunrisr receives ECNL nobody would go. It would be worse than what Boca experience.

Comment

I read consistently how terrible Boca is which is coming from the Weston propaganda machine, but results from the first weekend don't show Weston was much better than us.

Analysis of ECNL programs. My take so far.

Fields

Weston has more fields, but they get rained out much more than LR at Boca. The fields at Boca are better maintained, while Vista looks like a sandpit most of the year. Doesn't matter how many fields you have, if they are in terrible shape. Advantage Boca.

Coaches

Boca has coaches that have proven success (i.e. State cup finalist). Weston has A licensed coaches that have never had any success. Names and status goes to Weston, but development goes to Boca. Look at our last graduating class and MC's last class. Clemson, UM, Yale, UF, etc while Weston has Barry and Lynn. Advantage Boca. Easily.

Results

Weston record: 3 wins, 6 losses, 1 tie. Goal differential 11-32. Goal differential vs CESA 7-12
                  Boca record: 3 wins, 7 losses. Goal differential 13-52. Goal differential vs CESA 10-13.

Same amount of wins. Weston is 1 pt better than Boca. Tophat showed us no mercy, and Weston parked the bus against them, while we played them straight up. Against CESA Boca had better goal differential than Weston. Because of the terrible showing against Tophat, Advantage Weston. But not by much.

The difference between Boca and Weston is minimal. Yet all the Pro- Weston folks are badmouthing Boca at every turn. You would think that Weston was undefeated and competing for national championships, but that's not what results indicate. After one weekend of ECNL play I would say both clubs are fairly even.

Both still suck. but Weston sucks less.

Comment

If Sunrisr receives ECNL nobody would go. It would be worse than what Boca experience.
                    Weston is better than either Sunrise or Boca United. You have no idea what you are talking about. Have you looked at the resumes of the coaches at those two clubs?

Comment

I read consistently how terrible Boca is which is coming from the Weston propaganda machine, but results from the first weekend don't show Weston was much better than us.

Analysis of ECNL programs. My take so far.

Fields

Weston has more fields, but they get rained out much more than LR at Boca. The fields at Boca are better maintained, while Vista looks like a sandpit most of the year. Doesn't matter how many fields you have, if they are in terrible shape. Advantage Boca.

Coaches

Boca has coaches that have proven success (i.e. State cup finalist). Weston has A licensed coaches that have never had any success. Names and status goes to Weston, but development goes to Boca. Look at our last graduating class and MC's last class. Clemson, UM, Yale, UF, etc while Weston has Barry and Lynn. Advantage Boca. Easily.

Results

Weston record: 3 wins, 6 losses, 1 tie. Goal differential 11-32. Goal differential vs CESA 7-12
                      Boca record: 3 wins, 7 losses. Goal differential 13-52. Goal differential vs CESA 10-13.

Same amount of wins. Weston is 1 pt better than Boca. Tophat showed us no mercy, and Weston parked the bus against them, while we played them straight up. Against CESA Boca had better goal differential than Weston. Because of the terrible showing against Tophat, Advantage Weston. But not by much.

The difference between Boca and Weston is minimal. Yet all the Pro- Weston folks are badmouthing Boca at every turn. You would think that Weston was undefeated and competing for national championships, but that's not what results indicate. After one weekend of ECNL play I would say both clubs are fairly even.
                      I would say a fair result - after 1 week! Next year with no ECNL it will be comparing Girls DA stats!

Comment

Weston is better than either Sunrise or Boca United. You have no idea what you are talking about. Have you looked at the resumes of the coaches at those two clubs?
                        Weston and Sunrise should have a jamboree with just those two club's best teams at each age group. I will buy a ticket and then the trash talking can stop. Whoever wins the jamboree games is better at that age group. Simple.

Comment

After the second weekend of ECNL the records show both Boca and Weston are struggling mightily.

Weston: 5-13-2
                          Boca: 4-15-1

Boca and Weston have a combined record of 9-28-3. 40 total ECNL games and only 9 wins combined total for both clubs. Weston and Boca have less combined wins then all Florida ECNL clubs have on their own. South Florida is a mess!

ECNL Florida club rankings:

1) JAYFC
                          2) OCYS
                          3) WFF
                          4) TBU
                          5) Weston
                          6) Boca

WFF had an impressive weekend and the only blemish Tophat has this season. When OCYS and WFF go head to head that could determine who is 2 and who is 3. JAYFC is head and shoulders the class of Florida ECNL.

Comment

After the second weekend of ECNL the records show both Boca and Weston are struggling mightily.

Weston: 5-13-2
                            Boca: 4-15-1

Boca and Weston have a combined record of 9-28-3. 40 total ECNL games and only 9 wins combined total for both clubs. Weston and Boca have less combined wins then all Florida ECNL clubs have on their own. South Florida is a mess!

ECNL Florida club rankings:

1) JAYFC
                            2) OCYS
                            3) WFF
                            4) TBU
                            5) Weston
                            6) Boca

WFF had an impressive weekend and the only blemish Tophat has this season. When OCYS and WFF go head to head that could determine who is 2 and who is 3. JAYFC is head and shoulders the class of Florida ECNL.
                            It should be...

1) Jacksonville
                            2a) WFF
                            2b) Orlando

4) Tampa Bay

5) Weston
                            6) Boca

Comment

It should be...

1) Jacksonville
                              2a) WFF
                              2b) Orlando

4) Tampa Bay

5) Weston
                              6) Boca

Bwahhahahaha. I see what you did there. Bwahahahahaha. Weston and Boca the battle for title of worst ECNL club in SEC

Comment

I think Weston is looking like the better team of the two. Not just by schedule, but by margins of W and L's.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X