Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is no Pride ECNL but rather OCYS ECNL. OCYS is trying to claim that Pride has the DA and OCYS has ECNL and claiming that OCYS does not have DA and should therefore not have ECNL taken from them because no conflict of interest. However, because both Pride and OCYS are owned by OC that is why ECNL is having issue because at OCYS the top girls will be groomed for DA not ECNL.
    Makes no sense. While they are solid in ECNL, it is clear none of these clubs can can put quality teams in each league. OC fighting to keep both leagues is them looking out for money over the kids. DA being two ages groups per team, they are in recoup money mode.

Comment

Explained simply:

Four separate operations under one umbrella:

1) MLS OC and their DA
      2) NWSL Pride and their DA
      3) OC Youth program - ECNL & ENPL
      4) OCB

Read more and post less
      Separate operations but girls DA and ECNL are both pulling from the same player pool. Stop trying to be clever. It's too obvious the motivation to keep both is strictly monetary. At least own it OC.

Comment

Separate operations but girls DA and ECNL are both pulling from the same player pool. Stop trying to be clever. It's too obvious the motivation to keep both is strictly monetary. At least own it OC.
        OC Pride girls DA will be fully funded. It's all about they money lol.

Comment

You are correct. Pride's DA will be attracting players from many clubs not just OC's youth program

Comment

Makes no sense. While they are solid in ECNL, it is clear none of these clubs can can put quality teams in each league. OC fighting to keep both leagues is them looking out for money over the kids. DA being two ages groups per team, they are in recoup money mode.
            Hopefully FKK will pay for the travel like OC

Comment

When are they going to tell the OC ECNL girls that next year's ECNL teams will not get any funding? That's going to be an in-popular discussion that OC will not want to have before tryouts.... Just you watch and see...

Comment

When are they going to tell the OC ECNL girls that next year's ECNL teams will not get any funding? That's going to be an in-popular discussion that OC will not want to have before tryouts.... Just you watch and see...
                OC ECNL is the only club in the country that provides funding paying for travel and that will continue.

DA Free
                ECNL Free travel

sounds awful poor kids.

Comment

It's all about the money, agreed. Which is precisely why OC's GDA will NOT be fully funded. They simply can't afford to do it. Do you honestly believe they will pay more to subsidize a youth player than they currently pay some of their pros?

Comment

It's all about the money, agreed. Which is precisely why OC's GDA will NOT be fully funded. They simply can't afford to do it. Do you honestly believe they will pay more to subsidize a youth player than they currently pay some of their pros?
                    Thank you for making that point. Use your brains, folks. How do you think a Pride player making the league minimum $7,200 a year would feel about OC ponying up $10,000+ in fees for each GDA player?

Not going to happen. OC might cover travel expenses once in a while, but GDA players will be mostly on their own financially.

Comment

Thank you for making that point. Use your brains, folks. How do you think a Pride player making the league minimum $7,200 a year would feel about OC ponying up $10,000+ in fees for each GDA player?

Not going to happen. OC might cover travel expenses once in a while, but GDA players will be mostly on their own financially.
                      OC desperately trying recruit once again so they will tell you how green their grass is.

Comment

I have been told ecnl and DA will both be fully funded.

Comment

I have been told ecnl and DA will both be fully funded.
                          State your source, please. I have been told they won't.

Comment

State your source, please. I have been told they won't.
                            Girls DA - Free
                            ECNL - Free Travel

Comment

Girls DA - Free
                              ECNL - Free Travel
                              The only way GDA will be free is if they over charge all the other girl teams to make up the difference. Also, they say travel is free but it really is not. Ask a current ECNL parent to see a team budget. It is packed with frivolous crap and they understate the number of players on the team so that each player pays more. There is a laundry fee and never once happened last year and I doubt this year. Made to pay for video service and overcharged on this too. I am sure the club/coaches get kick backs on this from video company. Just saying "free travel" is not so free.

Another thought is they will say GDA is free and then have parents pay over inflated showcase registration fees in the form of monthly dues at like $400 per month. I guarantee there will be hidden costs they do not tell you about just like they do for ECNL. Choose wisely my friends.

Comment

The only way GDA will be free is if they over charge all the other girl teams to make up the difference. Also, they say travel is free but it really is not. Ask a current ECNL parent to see a team budget. It is packed with frivolous crap and they understate the number of players on the team so that each player pays more. There is a laundry fee and never once happened last year and I doubt this year. Made to pay for video service and overcharged on this too. I am sure the club/coaches get kick backs on this from video company. Just saying "free travel" is not so free.

Another thought is they will say GDA is free and then have parents pay over inflated showcase registration fees in the form of monthly dues at like $400 per month. I guarantee there will be hidden costs they do not tell you about just like they do for ECNL. Choose wisely my friends.
                                Only club around that has both GDA and ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X