Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? Nobody here suggested Futsal doesn’t help increase foot skills, speed on the ball, and small sided technical skills. Indoor soccer does the same. As stated both have pros and cons.

Futsal never made an okay player into a phenom so let’s get off the high horse.

It’s more about a player’s team and coach, etc. What does her team do in the winter? What does she like to do more? What are her aspirations?
    No, they do not do "the same".

Really, let it go. You cannot equate the two and attempts to do so are only making it worse.

Comment

No, they do not do "the same".

Really, let it go. You cannot equate the two and attempts to do so are only making it worse.
      No, they really do the same! Futsal is a little quicker in a smaller space and is great for requiring good touches and better decisions. Indoor soccer is a slightly larger space with a super ball that also requires good touches and decisions. Both games are slightly different versions of what I might call "small ball" ..... it's hard for long ball coaches and teams to adjust to having to play better soccer but both forms of indoor require adjustments to a smaller game. Don't be so smug you jack@$$, you aren't special and have a host of knowledge privvy only to you. What a d|ck. Both games are great for players in cold climates and if you say differently, then I ban you from TS and the internet for the rest of your sorry life.

Comment

No, they really do the same! Futsal is a little quicker in a smaller space and is great for requiring good touches and better decisions. Indoor soccer is a slightly larger space with a super ball that also requires good touches and decisions. Both games are slightly different versions of what I might call "small ball" ..... it's hard for long ball coaches and teams to adjust to having to play better soccer but both forms of indoor require adjustments to a smaller game. Don't be so smug you jack@$$, you aren't special and have a host of knowledge privvy only to you. What a d|ck. Both games are great for players in cold climates and if you say differently, then I ban you from TS and the internet for the rest of your sorry life.
        OK, they both have round balls and you try to get them into a goal by using everything but your feet. So, yes, they are the same.

Except for that, there is virtually nothing about the game that is the same.

Futsal technique is quite different from soccer. Tactics are remarkably similar to basketball or hockey than soccer.

The fact that you consider futsal just a small, heavy ball but the same as soccer just keeps exposing yourself.

Really, stay in your lane. I don't say the host of knowledge is privy only to me. Quite the opposite...it's out there for anyone to go and look into. That's on you if you don't want to; I can't make you.

Comment

OK, they both have round balls and you try to get them into a goal by using everything but your feet. So, yes, they are the same.

Except for that, there is virtually nothing about the game that is the same.

Futsal technique is quite different from soccer. Tactics are remarkably similar to basketball or hockey than soccer.

The fact that you consider futsal just a small, heavy ball but the same as soccer just keeps exposing yourself.

Really, stay in your lane. I don't say the host of knowledge is privy only to me. Quite the opposite...it's out there for anyone to go and look into. That's on you if you don't want to; I can't make you.
          Dude, stop it! If you don't approach indoor and outdoor as larger versions of basketball and hockey then you are a fool. The spaces between players get larger but the combinations and runs should be the same for longer distances. If you go outside and boot the ball all over gods creation and then come indoor or onto a court and have to change your game drastically because space wont allow for the long boots, then god help the kids you coach.

Comment

Dude, stop it! If you don't approach indoor and outdoor as larger versions of basketball and hockey then you are a fool. The spaces between players get larger but the combinations and runs should be the same for longer distances. If you go outside and boot the ball all over gods creation and then come indoor or onto a court and have to change your game drastically because space wont allow for the long boots, then god help the kids you coach.
            Trying to understand what you are saying...

Indoor soccer is a scaled down version of soccer. With boards to bounce people and balls off, and no real rules otherwise.

Futsal is played completely differently, from the first touch of the ball, the spacing, possession, set plays, speed of play and movement.

https://www.fifa.com/futsalworldcup/...l-1798909.html

Now, I am pretty certain there is nobody reading this who will be in the discussion with Xavi, I get that. But, what the game teaches you is different from bump & run soccer. It's apparent you just don't understand it.

Comment

Trying to understand what you are saying...

Indoor soccer is a scaled down version of soccer. With boards to bounce people and balls off, and no real rules otherwise.

Futsal is played completely differently, from the first touch of the ball, the spacing, possession, set plays, speed of play and movement.

https://www.fifa.com/futsalworldcup/...l-1798909.html

Now, I am pretty certain there is nobody reading this who will be in the discussion with Xavi, I get that. But, what the game teaches you is different from bump & run soccer. It's apparent you just don't understand it.
              First, most indoor fields do not have boards. Second, when my kids have played on boarded fields, their travel coaches have loved it when they played wall passes to themselves but their premier coaches have always forbidden it .... if the ball goes off a wall play it, but the coaching has always been to play to feet or out in front. The fitness that players get on boarded fields is another benefit of boarded play because the play rarely stops and subs are usually on the fly. Sorry, kicking a ball around on a street, on grass, in your basement, on hardwood or tile, or on indoor turf are all manifestations of the same game. If you can't play on any of of those surfaces, you probably can't play on any of them and, in general, probably aren't a very good player to begin with. Any player that can play the game extremely well will adjust to any surface fairly quickly. You want to change a surface to develop real players? Stop playing exclusively on turf. I always get a kick out of "really good" teams that b|tch and moan when they have to play on a pasture and cant get anything going because they arent playing on a manufactured and pefectly manicured surface and touch now counts.

Comment

First, most indoor fields do not have boards. Second, when my kids have played on boarded fields, their travel coaches have loved it when they played wall passes to themselves but their premier coaches have always forbidden it .... if the ball goes off a wall play it, but the coaching has always been to play to feet or out in front. The fitness that players get on boarded fields is another benefit of boarded play because the play rarely stops and subs are usually on the fly. Sorry, kicking a ball around on a street, on grass, in your basement, on hardwood or tile, or on indoor turf are all manifestations of the same game. If you can't play on any of of those surfaces, you probably can't play on any of them and, in general, probably aren't a very good player to begin with. Any player that can play the game extremely well will adjust to any surface fairly quickly. You want to change a surface to develop real players? Stop playing exclusively on turf. I always get a kick out of "really good" teams that b|tch and moan when they have to play on a pasture and cant get anything going because they arent playing on a manufactured and pefectly manicured surface and touch now counts.
                You are now all over the place. Now you are concentrating on the surface.

Really, please, I'm begging you. Stop. You do not understand futsal. The more you talk about indoor soccer, the more evident it is that you don't know anything about futsal.

That's fine.

Comment

You are now all over the place. Now you are concentrating on the surface.

Really, please, I'm begging you. Stop. You do not understand futsal. The more you talk about indoor soccer, the more evident it is that you don't know anything about futsal.

That's fine.
                  I dont understand futsal? Take a touch, make a pass until you can shoot. Isn't that about it? Please enlighten us stupid-folk about the essence of this timeless and special form of soccer which is played on a hardwood basketball court. The more you say with so little information the more i realize you are trying to BS all of us. Are you a premier coach with some snake oil to sell?

Comment

I dont understand futsal? Take a touch, make a pass until you can shoot. Isn't that about it? Please enlighten us stupid-folk about the essence of this timeless and special form of soccer which is played on a hardwood basketball court. The more you say with so little information the more i realize you are trying to BS all of us. Are you a premier coach with some snake oil to sell?
                    Actually, nope. Just a parent who's kid played it and the improvement was noticeable for all to see. No longer play it as she outgrew it's usefulness.

But, again, once you said "take a touch" you were immediately exposed as not knowing anything about it.

If you think one can be taught about it from an anonymous message board, you're crazy.

Comment

Actually, nope. Just a parent who's kid played it and the improvement was noticeable for all to see. No longer play it as she outgrew it's usefulness.

But, again, once you said "take a touch" you were immediately exposed as not knowing anything about it.

If you think one can be taught about it from an anonymous message board, you're crazy.
                      She must be amazing ... European and south american pros still play but your kid outgrew its usefulness. Wow, you may be the biggest BSer on TS and that says a lot. I was exposed because a player took a touch in futsal. Sorry, not every kid is afraid to keep the ball and has to clang a 1-touch off of their shin into the bleachers. So, in your futsal world, the soft, furry pink ponies fart cotton candy and there are no touches .... do the kids move the ball with their minds there?

Comment

She must be amazing ... European and south american pros still play but your kid outgrew its usefulness. Wow, you may be the biggest BSer on TS and that says a lot. I was exposed because a player took a touch in futsal. Sorry, not every kid is afraid to keep the ball and has to clang a 1-touch off of their shin into the bleachers. So, in your futsal world, the soft, furry pink ponies fart cotton candy and there are no touches .... do the kids move the ball with their minds there?
                        Done insulting a 14 year old girl yet?

Comment

Dude, ***?

Why turn it on the kid?

Comment

Done insulting a 14 year old girl yet?
                            Dang, can't you understand anything I write? I am questioning YOU! My kids all play futsal too and love it. It is certainly beneficial to their development but it is not the end-all, be-all, thing you make it out to be ... its just another tool. I find it even more ironic that you espouse how great futsal is over indoor yet your kid doesn't benefit from its greatness anymore and now no longer plays this great game. Presumably she is now the dragon warrior and has mastered the futsal universe. Presumably, she now only plays crappy indoor in the winter as you put it and plays wall balls to herself all day long. You must be so disappointed in her. I am done here .... can't keep countering you or people will become confused as to who the fool is ... you win, i am out.

Comment

Dang, can't you understand anything I write? I am questioning YOU! My kids all play futsal too and love it. It is certainly beneficial to their development but it is not the end-all, be-all, thing you make it out to be ... its just another tool. I find it even more ironic that you espouse how great futsal is over indoor yet your kid doesn't benefit from its greatness anymore and now no longer plays this great game. Presumably she is now the dragon warrior and has mastered the futsal universe. Presumably, she now only plays crappy indoor in the winter as you put it and plays wall balls to herself all day long. You must be so disappointed in her. I am done here .... can't keep countering you or people will become confused as to who the fool is ... you win, i am out.
                              Hmmm...

Futsal will increase your speed of play and you can't replicate the # of touches you get. My caution is to leave the Futsal on the Futsal court. If you use it to help your skills, great. But, the soccer pitch is a lot bigger and I've seen some very good players regress by playing too much Futsal and they don't think big picture enough.
                              Hey look, there's the term "tool" I used

Futsal is a tool which can be used to enhance your game. It's up to the individual to understand the tool, how it works, and how to utilize it to better yourself.
                              I'm advocating futsal as a tool to be used at young ages to increase their skill level. If you watched futsal played and practiced by a specific futsal club/training (and not a club playing soccer with a small, heavy ball on a basketball court) the difference would be quite opposite.

Comment

My kids have played both futsal and indoor for years. They’ve gone to regional and national futsal events. Futsal is similar to soccer but not the same and yes there are variances that can be learned in futsal to be a really good futsal player that are very different from outdoor soccer but come on they are similar and stating that playing futsal well is so very different and “hard to explain” to us lowly soccer peons is ridiculous.

And for the majority of kids futsal and indoor are just extensions of outdoor soccer and they will use the same skill set and hopefully learn to be quicker on the ball and increase foot skills in the winter and stay active.

So again pick the one your daughter likes to play for whatever reason that is and have fun.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X