X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why is this even a thread?

There are a handful of girls around the state that kick field goals on the football team. It's a cute news story.

This kid got a chance to play soccer this fall, that's great. Let's kill this one.
    It has Sporting written all over it.

Comment

It has Sporting written all over it.
      I heard she has a full ride to UConn. She chose UConn because they have all black dorms.

Comment

The OP is posting this late news to get a rise out of the group.
        The Juice II

Comment

not OP but the mentioned/linked article form the Courant has been showing up in my Facebook account on a regular basis since it was first published in October....

Comment

Almost always parents or maybe the player would do that sort of thing. Then who cares - that is up to them. Very inappropriate for a stranger to do that IMO. Let just point out you would not want that done to your player no matter how complementary the post.
            Her name is public knowledge. Where she lives and goes to school is public knowledge. Her soccer background is not. I'm just interested in knowing more about that than the article gives. What's the big deal? Is it any different than reporting the Gatorade Player of the Year has signed with UConn in this forum or anywhere else?

Comment

not OP but the mentioned/linked article form the Courant has been showing up in my Facebook account on a regular basis since it was first published in October....
              That's exactly where I saw it for the first time when I posted it.

Comment

Her name is public knowledge. Where she lives and goes to school is public knowledge. Her soccer background is not. I'm just interested in knowing more about that than the article gives. What's the big deal? Is it any different than reporting the Gatorade Player of the Year has signed with UConn in this forum or anywhere else?
                So you're asking for non public information? No, that isn't normal.

Comment

Not the OP but they just obliterated a child and it eventually became a racial thread (gatoraid NP of the year) but asking where she played soccer is so bad.

Comment

Not the OP but they just obliterated a child and it eventually became a racial thread (gatoraid NP of the year) but asking where she played soccer is so bad.
                    Nor am I, but that's how some TS posters roll. It doesn't take much time on this site to figure that out. That is why no one should post something like that. If it isn't your kid, stay out. If it is your kid, be prepared for the consequences.

Comment

Personally, I think you aren't normal, if you think discussing soccer players' soccer backgrounds is off limits in a soccer forum.

Comment

Nor am I, but that's how some TS posters roll. It doesn't take much time on this site to figure that out. That is why no one should post something like that. If it isn't your kid, stay out. If it is your kid, be prepared for the consequences.
                        what makes you think the parents of NPOY posted on TS? Everyone just assumes that. I think there's enough DBs on this site to make them the most likely person to post that, not the parents.

Comment

Personally, I think you aren't normal, if you think discussing soccer players' soccer backgrounds is off limits in a soccer forum.
                          Not the poster, but I agree a minor shouldn't be discuss by name on this wretched site.

Comment

what makes you think the parents of NPOY posted on TS? Everyone just assumes that. I think there's enough DBs on this site to make them the most likely person to post that, not the parents.
                            In that case it was probably her club that posted it. YU is its own special case of nuts.

Comment

Yes YU promotes their girls accomplishments by posting their accolades when they excel . Hopefully they are not the only club that promotes its players. ????

Comment

Yes YU promotes their girls accomplishments by posting their accolades when they excel . Hopefully they are not the only club that promotes its players. ????
                                Clubs generally publish stories only on their club websites and Facebook but not this site. When was the last time you saw another thread about a specific player? Sometimes players are discussed (initials only) within threads, but not started specifically about them. YU started one not that long ago about their only other "stud" committing absurdly early to Villanova. Needless to say that didn't go well either

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X