• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Same for Yale
    Yale coach stepped down a few weeks ago. New blood may help

Comment

Cause that never works in other sports like the NFL. Oh, wait.....
      Let's see, over 500 D1 and D2 schools and add in like 400+ more D3s and you can't find a successful head coach at a smaller program that is highly qualified and motivated to work hard and be successful at a new place. Yeah, it's the same thing for sure.

Comment

So you must ignore a qualified assistant because whomever you hire MUST have been a Head Coach elsewhere? How is a coach supposed to get that Head Coaching experience if you can't consider a qualified assistant?
        No, not at all, lots of small time programs do this. UCONN is just no longer a player and couldn't lure a successful coach at a smaller program to a cold-weather, cow town, in a small-time conference, that would work for peanuts. Big surprise that they could find someone that lives locally and didn't want to move because she has small kids and family here and that would consider this as a step up in terms of resume and pay.

Comment

And what is the time frame a new coach should be given to make it work?

How do you know it isn't working at UCONN? Are you inside the program and do you have an accurate pulse on the culture and how the players feel about things right now? Are you privy to the conversations going on in the coaching staff and with the Athletic Director?

Or are you just sitting on the outside, looking through the window, and speculating with little to no real useful information?
          I'm sure you have the inside scoop too.

Comment

I'm sure you have the inside scoop too.

Did I make all the statements about what was and what was not going on at UCONN soccer?

Did I claim to have any inside information about the program?

Or was I merely pointing out to you or the nimrod who made the post that they don't know crap about anything related to UCONN soccer?

Comment

Who knows what will happen at UCONN but historically a new coach is given a few years to right the ship then it's on to the next.

Comment

It was her ship and it sank. 4-15 is not good

Comment

It was her ship and it sank. 4-15 is not good
                  Next year will be the bigger year for her to show improvement

Comment

She only got a 2 year deal so it’s sink or swim

Comment

She is done after this year.

Comment

She wasn't good enough for GCF but she is a disciple of Mick. I think he is hoping that her hire will now make for an easy win every year.
                        Irish Mafia at work

Comment

Did Seton Hall keep the 2019 commits?

Comment

Did Seton Hall keep the 2019 commits?
                            A new coach coming in this late won't have time to find new recruits and usually will keep offers open if players want. If a NLI was signed the school has to keep its commitment. The coach then sees what they've got and actively recruit for the following year

Comment

A new coach coming in this late won't have time to find new recruits and usually will keep offers open if players want. If a NLI was signed the school has to keep its commitment. The coach then sees what they've got and actively recruit for the following year
                              He has what the school has had for years. A really bad team.

Almost makes UConn look good

Comment

UConn lost their two best players with the most points from 2017 to ACL tears in the Spring. Both were All Conference Players. VB and KE. Made things very hard for the coach.

I will say though that during the coach search most of the girls I talked to on the team did not want MR. They cited that they preferred to have a male coach which I found very interesting!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X