Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Matt Mones. Son of the YU owner Wayne. Assistant coach at Brown. Different sides to the story on whether he/YU led the family on that she'd get the admit or whether the family was unrealistic about her chances. Generally with Ivies and D3 nothing is a done deal until you get that acceptance letter.
    if you know anything about ivys -coaches cant offer until you have been pre qualified by admissions and if an Ivy coach are truly serious he will make sure he has a admissions on board
    - that means the acceptance is simply a formality and it is crystal clear to the family
    my guess- the young lady had great grades and a stellar HS career but just didn't get thru Browns selection process (they usually don't take multiples from the same school etc..) if she got in she would have had a roster spot

Comment

if you know anything about ivys -coaches cant offer until you have been pre qualified by admissions and if an Ivy coach are truly serious he will make sure he has a admissions on board
      - that means the acceptance is simply a formality and it is crystal clear to the family
      my guess- the young lady had great grades and a stellar HS career but just didn't get thru Browns selection process (they usually don't take multiples from the same school etc..) if she got in she would have had a roster spot
      Very likely could have been test scores as well.

Bare minimum for a heavily recruited Ivy athlete would be 1300. Some kids even with tutoring and multiple attempts simply can’t crack that barrier. Lots of good students struggle with standardized tests

Comment

Or, she got in and couldnt afford it still ..... as compared to UCONN in state.

Comment

overblown accomplishments? You would be so proud of your kid if they had 1/4 of what this young lady accomplished. Your kid must go through hell with a parent like you. Is it so hard to give this or many other kids credit???? Must be overblown at every club, but minus your own address I guess....SMH
          The quote was “over blown greatness”, which is completely accurate. There were better players but their parents/coaches didn’t come on here relentlessly and try to sell their kid and then cry foul when many debated their claims.

Comment

UConn will not be making the NCAA tournament anytime soon. Their schedule is soo bad their only chance is to win the AAC tournament which won’t happen. They have fallen off the face of this earth all because of football which is the WORST In the country. They are trying with everything they have to get back in the Big East but who knows how that will pan out.

UConn is a sinking ship.

Comment

The quote was “over blown greatness”, which is completely accurate. There were better players but their parents/coaches didn’t come on here relentlessly and try to sell their kid and then cry foul when many debated their claims.
              nobody gives a flyer about this site and this site has NO pull in getting people recognized for anything- its a fun little thing to do from time to time

i dont even know who you are talking about, but if the kids talents were being bashed on TS ,i bet she is good and going to school for $$$$

this is the desperate housewives of TS

Comment

nobody gives a flyer about this site and this site has NO pull in getting people recognized for anything- its a fun little thing to do from time to time

i dont even know who you are talking about, but if the kids talents were being bashed on TS ,i bet she is good and going to school for $$$$

You made your point. Even you don’t know who the supposed best player in the state is. And you are an informed talking soccer guru

Comment

Why would you open a thread and comment and not know who this thread is even talking about?

Comment

Why would you open a thread and comment and not know who this thread is even talking about?
                    It’s called deflection.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X