X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14-0

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe all these great Oregon teams should compete in the WA State Cup and show everyone how bad they really are instead of calling themselves "State Cup Champions" of a watered down rec competition.
    Another Troll !!

Comment

What's the object of the game? Make the other team look better than they really are? Hardly. Object is to score goals. What's shameful is how poorly developed and coached the Salem team is at this point in their youth soccer careers. Not only did they give up 14 goals they did it with their heads hung down like dogs that had been beat. Show a little spine and quit whining because your team sucks.
      What should they do--start fouling? Unleashing cheap shots against the other team's skill players?

If a 10-0 score occurs it's because one team is so much better than the other that there's little the other can do about it. And to spectators on the side (and to coaches who over-emphasize "effort" over skill), being dominated in this fashion can easily look like giving up, even if the players on the field are doing their best.

It's the Poland Syndrome. After WWII, people made fun of the Poles for years--even people who opposed the Nazis. Why? Because the Polish army got overrun by the Wehrmacht--there was a famous battle in which a Polish mounted cavalry unit (i.e. riders on horseback) fought against German tanks, with the expected results.

But what should the Poles have done? Saying they "didn't try hard enough" is horse manure of the highest order.

I'm not with either Salmon Creek or Capitol, and have no dog in this fight. But insulting a bunch of kids who get boatraced by a clearly superior opponent annoys me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
        Nope, they tried scoring every minute of that match. Shameful

Says a lot about the coach...kinda what happens when you have someone who appears to be a good coach but doesn't know what they are doing.

Lack of respect for the game and your opponent. 14-0? Really? That is inexcusable.

Comment

14-0

What should they do--start fouling? Unleashing cheap shots against the other team's skill players?

If a 10-0 score occurs it's because one team is so much better than the other that there's little the other can do about it. And to spectators on the side (and to coaches who over-emphasize "effort" over skill), being dominated in this fashion can easily look like giving up, even if the players on the field are doing their best.

It's the Poland Syndrome. After WWII, people made fun of the Poles for years--even people who opposed the Nazis. Why? Because the Polish army got overrun by the Wehrmacht--there was a famous battle in which a Polish mounted cavalry unit (i.e. riders on horseback) fought against German tanks, with the expected results.

But what should the Poles have done? Saying they "didn't try hard enough" is horse manure of the highest order.

I'm not with either Salmon Creek or Capitol, and have no dog in this fight. But insulting a bunch of kids who get boatraced by a clearly superior opponent annoys me.
          SCFC coach's should be fired ! after 10-0 you call off the dogs. I don't care what league or sport you play in . SCFC coach's could have used it as a learning tool but they decide to rub another teams nose in it so they could feel good about themselves.

Comment

Maybe they should have been a little smarter about which competition they entered. Rec Cup would have been about right.

Comment

SCFC coach's should be fired ! after 10-0 you call off the dogs. I don't care what league or sport you play in . SCFC coach's could have used it as a learning tool but they decide to rub another teams nose in it so they could feel good about themselves.
              You call 'em off at U10. At U18 it's adults playing and they need be able to compete or get beat. Salem can't compete. Sucks for them.

Comment

Lack of respect for the game and your opponent. 14-0? Really? That is inexcusable.
                It is inexcusable that CFC would actually put their team in such a situation knowing full well that they were about to get obliterated. Really bad look for all Timbers Alliance programs.

Comment

FCSC coaches do not respect the game or their opponents.

Karma will catch up to them.

Comment

FCSC coach should be ashamed. Low class.

Comment

FCSC coach should be ashamed. Low class.
                      Apparently none of you parents understand the difference between a u12 team getting beat 14-0 and an adult u18 team. These 17/18 yr old girls should be strong enough by now to get beat 14-0 if their coaches put them in the wrong competitive tournament! Blame the losing teams coach for poor judgment. Not salmon creek job to be sportsmanlike in a highly competitive bracket tournament.

Comment

It was a mismatch plain and simple. U18 & State Cup so that’s how it goes. No big surprise. Move along.

Comment

14-0

Apparently none of you parents understand the difference between a u12 team getting beat 14-0 and an adult u18 team. These 17/18 yr old girls should be strong enough by now to get beat 14-0 if their coaches put them in the wrong competitive tournament! Blame the losing teams coach for poor judgment. Not salmon creek job to be sportsmanlike in a highly competitive bracket tournament.
                          Highly Completive ? Being a good sport has nothing to do with age. Go kick your dog loser .

Comment

It was a mismatch plain and simple. U18 & State Cup so that’s how it goes. No big surprise. Move along.
                            You, my friend, need to check your character. After reading this original post I’ve come to one conclusion. Whoever it is that coached this game has some serious character flaws. It is extremely poor sportsmanship to do what they did.

Comment

You, my friend, need to check your character. After reading this original post I’ve come to one conclusion. Whoever it is that coached this game has some serious character flaws. It is extremely poor sportsmanship to do what they did.
                              Very true. The CFC coach should definitely be fired for what he did. Putting a rec level team in State Cup shows some serious character flaws.

Comment

FCSC coaches do not respect the game or their opponents.

Karma will catch up to them.
                                I have to say that 14-0 is really bad. Why wouldn’t the fcsc coach pull back after 8 or 9 goals?

So much for respect for the game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X