Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorting the Alphabet Soup

Hello, we are new to the area and are trying to sort through the alphabet soup of clubs here in Mass. We have two sets of twins...a set of boys and a set of girls... the boys are 12 and both play in the middle and have outstanding vision and soccer know-how. They are also the biggest and fastest kids on the pitch. The girls (10 years old) play up top. While they aren't the biggest they are certainly the fastest which allows them to chase down all the over the top balls that get booted down the field. As a result, they are prolific scorers. The best part is one is right footed and the other left footed so having to defend both of them is a nightmare for opposing teams. What I need to know is which program will offer the best training and competition? We are looking for the one to get them on the fast track so they can hopefully commit by end of ninth grade so they don't have to scramble at the last minute and they can enjoy their high school careers. I am really glad this site was recommended to me. Looking froward to some informed advice.

Get a life

Comment

Your children are special talents and you seem to have a keen understanding of their potential, and a grounded aspiration to have this sewn up by 9th grade. I recommend you supplement soccer training with recent improvements in nutrition, physical development and hormone therapy so that you can present a post pubescent "finished product" to the college coaches within your timeframe.

As for soccer have them play "up" in a mixed gender league of working adults. Many are former Colege players who will serve as good role models (male and female) and provide both a level of physicality and an open "for the love of the game" environment to teach your kids toughness and creativity. Additionally, their network offers a backchannel to their former coaches. Everyone wins!

Good luck and enjoy the ride

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Your children are special talents and you seem to have a keen understanding of their potential, and a grounded aspiration to have this sewn up by 9th grade. I recommend you supplement soccer training with recent improvements in nutrition, physical development and hormone therapy so that you can present a post pubescent "finished product" to the college coaches within your timeframe.

As for soccer have them play "up" in a mixed gender league of working adults. Many are former Colege players who will serve as good role models (male and female) and provide both a level of physicality and an open "for the love of the game" environment to teach your kids toughness and creativity. Additionally, their network offers a backchannel to their former coaches. Everyone wins!

Thank you...it is fun so far!

Comment

hahaha....you bought this crap??
          Actually, I agree. In fact, I think the parent should take the kids out of the US and head to germany, england, spain, or portugal

Comment

Thank you...it is fun so far!
            I'd suggest you start a thread specific to your unique situation entitle it:

'looking for twins to round out my team'

If you can find 3 more sets of field twins and a 4th keeper set you will really have something special. Then you have those 10 yr old dynamos play up two years and you are on your way to sure fire NT success for them.

Then as more and more twins are drawn to your 'model' you start a full club where ALL the best twins (hell all the twins period, let's think big!) flock and play invite only games against DA, ECNL, Breakers and maybe a couple local D1 college teams.

If you are going to start a fantasy thread - go big!

Comment

always wonder who recommends this site

Comment

always wonder who recommends this site
                No one I know has ever has. Who would hang their kids out there like the fictional double twins parent above?

Comment

Let's all pray that BTNT will find peace in his life (and in himself) someday.

Comment

Now THAT'S entertainment! To laugh!

Comment

what is a btnt?

Comment

what is a btnt?
                        I always get him mixed up with perspective and other nutty posters.

Comment

I was really looking forward to some sound advice on this thread!

Comment

sound advice:
                            Onkyo SKS-HT540 7.1 Channel Home Theater Speaker System- given the remarkable sound quality, it offers tremendous value.

Comment

When queried "does this dress make me look fat?" for the love of God, and I mean this sincerely, just say "no". Do it without hesitation. Do not waver, hesitate, be vague....just a quick and firm, and even add in an incredulous look. But, please, that's it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X