2018 HS Girls Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All-State is ridiculous. Coaches should definitely be making these selections not the projo.
    Get rid of Scit Gk, Tiv For, Pilgrim For. and you have an 11 player All-State team as it should be. I don't think this team was well thought out with the exception of maybe 6 or 7 players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      All-State is ridiculous. Coaches should definitely be making these selections not the projo.
      Get rid of Scit Gk, Tiv For, Pilgrim For. and you have an 11 player All-State team as it should be. I don't think this team was well thought out with the exception of maybe 6 or 7 players.
      Total joke based off of stats.....Player of the year for that garbage d3 team? not a freshman first off, but no prayer of succeeding against actual defenses. decent player, but not close to the type of singular talent needed to make that list

Comment

all i can do is laugh at the morons who were taking digs at the poor scit keeper all year, only to have her get named anyway...losers!!!!!!!

Comment

all i can do is laugh at the morons who were taking digs at the poor scit keeper all year, only to have her get named anyway...losers!!!!!!!
          Good job Mom/Dad! How many calls did you make to nag the projo? Good keeper but not All State material, typical RI. And.. obviously others as well. Really shaking my head regarding this team. Some of the Second team should be replacing the First team. One GK and that is SK. How many forwards???? With 2 of them, def not, all state material.

Comment

unless u are practically on the Olympic team u can't reward a d3 player with top player honors...we saw it with Johnston kid who is also good, but clearly not overly dominant when moved to d2...be realistic

Comment

Her name was only constantly brought up because the adults around her cant stop themselves. How does the GK from SK get player of the year nominations but the statue in net for LSA gets second team? RI cant do ANYTHING right.

Comment

A. This team should consist of a GK, 4 D, 4 MF, 2 F not 4 or 5 forwards! There were, realistically, only 2 All-State forwards in D1. D2 and D3? No way, not buying it. They would not have those totals in D1! Would not even be a blip on the radar.
                B. Coaches really need to go back to picking All-State regardless of what the boy's side is doing. According to our coach that is why the Projo picked it this year?? Say what you want about the coaches nominating and voting, it is better than what this reporter has done.
                C. POY? No need for it.
                D. SK goalie is by far best of lot. LaSalle is def number 2, then possibly Scituate GK. My opinion as a parent, ref, coach and player. She is good, no doubt, but not as good as SK, LSA.
                D. I know several of these players from club teams. Several didn't even belong on second team.
                Finally, this isn't a "sour grapes" post. It's sad to see a team made up by a reporter that really knows nothing about the game and players included and excluded because of that.
                That's a shame.

Comment

A. This team should consist of a GK, 4 D, 4 MF, 2 F not 4 or 5 forwards! There were, realistically, only 2 All-State forwards in D1. D2 and D3? No way, not buying it. They would not have those totals in D1! Would not even be a blip on the radar.
                  B. Coaches really need to go back to picking All-State regardless of what the boy's side is doing. According to our coach that is why the Projo picked it this year?? Say what you want about the coaches nominating and voting, it is better than what this reporter has done.
                  C. POY? No need for it.
                  D. SK goalie is by far best of lot. LaSalle is def number 2, then possibly Scituate GK. My opinion as a parent, ref, coach and player. She is good, no doubt, but not as good as SK, LSA.
                  D. I know several of these players from club teams. Several didn't even belong on second team.
                  Finally, this isn't a "sour grapes" post. It's sad to see a team made up by a reporter that really knows nothing about the game and players included and excluded because of that.
                  That's a shame.
                  Let’s just say it like it is. If the projo wasnt politically correct with representation of all divisions, they would get an insane amount of crap from the crazy parents who feel their kid was slighted because of the division they are in. I’m sure they are well aware of who should be included and not be included but it is way more important to keep a larger geographical audience supporting their business, can’t really blame them for that.

Comment

Let’s just say it like it is. If the projo wasnt politically correct with representation of all divisions, they would get an insane amount of crap from the crazy parents who feel their kid was slighted because of the division they are in. I’m sure they are well aware of who should be included and not be included but it is way more important to keep a larger geographical audience supporting their business, can’t really blame them for that.
                    Spot on. Boys side was a farce as well.

Comment

Yes, and the POY category was made to prevent having to make the hard choice between the 3 GK and fitting in some lower division players into the first team.

blame the RIGSCA for defaulting to the PROJO - you can't blame the PROJO for exactly the reasons the above poster cited. PROJO is about selling papers / getting web visits. You can't blame the players -they play the schedule based on the maneuvering of their coaches, AD, and Principals. The leagues aren't comparable - exactly the point of having them because except on the fringes (like Pilgrim and Scituate to D1 while Burrillville should be D2) the teams aren't competitive at the next level.

It is tough to compare some of the D1 kids who scored 9-11 goals in a very low scoring and defensive division (the POY only had 17) to the D2/D3 kids who score twice as many or even the D1 kids with fewer goals from the "underrepresented" communities.

Comment

Yes, and the POY category was made to prevent having to make the hard choice between the 3 GK and fitting in some lower division players into the first team.

blame the RIGSCA for defaulting to the PROJO - you can't blame the PROJO for exactly the reasons the above poster cited. PROJO is about selling papers / getting web visits. You can't blame the players -they play the schedule based on the maneuvering of their coaches, AD, and Principals. The leagues aren't comparable - exactly the point of having them because except on the fringes (like Pilgrim and Scituate to D1 while Burrillville should be D2) the teams aren't competitive at the next level.

It is tough to compare some of the D1 kids who scored 9-11 goals in a very low scoring and defensive division (the POY only had 17) to the D2/D3 kids who score twice as many or even the D1 kids with fewer goals from the "underrepresented" communities.
                        Really wasn't a hard choice for GK. That should've gone to SK without a doubt.
                        I'm sorry but maybe...just maybe, one player from D2 should be on either team.
                        LSA GK should be Second team. Scituate GK is All Division at best.
                        RIGSCA is trying to follow the boys so they are both on the same page I heard.
                        Both groups would serve the players betters if they didn't leave it to the Projo.

Comment

R.I. should do the same as CT and have all state selections by division. It is a little like giving more kids a trophy, but consider taking away all division which is selected by own coach anyway. Coaches should fill out a ballot of sorts selecting a complete team as the starting point for the process. To have one guy from the Projo do it obviously was stupid.

Comment

R.I. should do the same as CT and have all state selections by division. It is a little like giving more kids a trophy, but consider taking away all division which is selected by own coach anyway. Coaches should fill out a ballot of sorts selecting a complete team as the starting point for the process. To have one guy from the Projo do it obviously was stupid.
                            Horribly done. Some of the girls on Second team belong on First and some, not mentioned at all, belong on second and possibly First over the players from the lower divisions.

Comment

Horribly done. Some of the girls on Second team belong on First and some, not mentioned at all, belong on second and possibly First over the players from the lower divisions.
                              The whole thing is a joke. Coaches pick their favorites for All Division, even though many are undeserving, and some of the best players in the state are completely missing off All State or misranked. And sorry, there should never be a D2/D3 player on All State just because of gaudy stats. There are freshmen defenders on D1 teams who would score 20 goals in D2 and be named All State, but don’t even get a sniff in D1.

Comment

The whole thing is a joke. Coaches pick their favorites for All Division, even though many are undeserving, and some of the best players in the state are completely missing off All State or misranked. And sorry, there should never be a D2/D3 player on All State just because of gaudy stats. There are freshmen defenders on D1 teams who would score 20 goals in D2 and be named All State, but don’t even get a sniff in D1.
                                You think too highly of D1. They are players at all divisions who are equally deserving. Biggest problem is coaches favoritisms and projo laziness.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X