Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL are the original masters of the game and others have followed right along. Look. I do it - we all do it- but it is very obvious what is going on and the absolute waste of time and money with all the unnecessary travel (both league and further) is frustrating. Nothing any of us can do but whine on TS ad then get in teh car and drive to the next match.
    But, why not make the most of it?

It's the hand we all raised our hands to be dealt, so whining only brings the mood down.

Comment

But, why not make the most of it?

It's the hand we all raised our hands to be dealt, so whining only brings the mood down.
      You want to improve the mood? Cut out some of the dumb travel. I will be the life of the party on that day.

Comment

You want to improve the mood? Cut out some of the dumb travel. I will be the life of the party on that day.
        Don't go. Sit at home and have fun.

Comment

How is the NYCFC announcement coming along?

Comment

Exactly. No one is forcing you to go. These Clubs are charging you for access to exposure. Would be simple to eliminate mandatory attendance at showcases outside you region.

Comment

Exactly. No one is forcing you to go. These Clubs are charging you for access to exposure. Would be simple to eliminate mandatory attendance at showcases outside you region.
              That is a good idea. Would solve one big problem easily.

Comment

Yes - liftopia is great but where did you get a weekend $40 ticket - to what mountain?
                Skiing sucks in the NE this year - not enough snow.

Comment

Sure. First, no reason to stay the weekend.

Second, find deals, go to places that are offering 2-for-1's, pre-buy tickets, etc. I can usually get a ticket for under $40/ea. Pack a lunch, eat breakfast at home. Should be 1/4 of what you posted.
                  Yeah lets' drive 8 hours round trip for 6 hours of skiing. Nobody gives weekend deals, especially this year. The skiing isn't very good and mountains are huritng

Comment

that is unfair. It is for the kid obliviously. I have no problem with financing the productive useful soccer stuff. Maybe you are in a position where the wasteful unnecessary stuff does not negatively impact other choices and if so great for you and your player. For many, - we want our player enjoying this sport but the wasteful and unnecessary stuff is a problem.

Comment

Skiing sucks in the NE this year - not enough snow.
                      Actually skiing has been decent. Cold enough in the mtns. in the east so they are making it regularly. Not great, but doesn't suck.

Comment

that is unfair. It is for the kid obliviously. I have no problem with financing the productive useful soccer stuff. Maybe you are in a position where the wasteful unnecessary stuff does not negatively impact other choices and if so great for you and your player. For many, - we want our player enjoying this sport but the wasteful and unnecessary stuff is a problem.
                        All goes to what you see as wasteful and unnecessary. I don't view my time with my kid as either of those.

We find a way to. My wife and I haven't been on a vacation together in quite a few years. We won't for quite a few more.

As has been mentioned, we sacrificed other activities to structure vacation time about tournaments and showcases. Made the most of it.

So, to your point, other choices have been negatively impacted, but the positive of this far outweighs those negatives.

Comment

All goes to what you see as wasteful and unnecessary. I don't view my time with my kid as either of those.

We find a way to. My wife and I haven't been on a vacation together in quite a few years. We won't for quite a few more.

As has been mentioned, we sacrificed other activities to structure vacation time about tournaments and showcases. Made the most of it.

So, to your point, other choices have been negatively impacted, but the positive of this far outweighs those negatives.
                          Of course or none of us would do this. Does not mean the very obvious flaws and problems of this business are not fair game for discussion.

Comment

Of course or none of us would do this. Does not mean the very obvious flaws and problems of this business are not fair game for discussion.
                            And solutions seem possible. Easy one to start with would be as a prior poster suggested - teams are not required to go the events that are across the country,

Comment

And solutions seem possible. Easy one to start with would be as a prior poster suggested - teams are not required to go the events that are across the country,
                              Curiosity sake...then why bother with DA or ECNL at all? The tourneys and showcases are where the exposure is, so if you aren't going to go...why even be in the league?

Comment

Curiosity sake...then why bother with DA or ECNL at all? The tourneys and showcases are where the exposure is, so if you aren't going to go...why even be in the league?
                                I said go the east coast show case - not the west coast show case.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X