Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    LMFAO. they only played in the winter and essentially every game was a beat down. OW kids had to play kids 2-3 years older to even make it somewhat interesting. They went to fsa because town teams play there and it's a more even match skillwise.

So, I await the morons with their witty replies. Hotdog guy, u done gargling ur CFC buddies yet?
    Depends which ages you’re watching. I’ve seen the older boys teams play and they hold their own pretty well. Not sure I’d expect a 12 year old Ajax team that was just put together to compete with an Oakwood team where they’ve been playing together since they were 8.

Two very different programs and different agendas of what they are trying to achieve. For the original poster, it depends on what you’re looking for. If want to develop skills, Leszek can certainly do that for your kid. If kid wants to play D1, Ajax might not be for you, except I saw on this board they had a girl go D1 last year.

If you’re looking to not travel as much, Ajax could be for you, it all depends what you’re trying to get out of a program. Like previous poster before said, they are on par with Sporting, and those teams. Leszek is a quality coach, little rough around the edges but definitely knows the game.

Comment

Like a lot of other clubs - a good option for younger kids if it's near you. By U12 better players have outgrown it and move out. They do manage to get a kid on a college roster now and then (lower programs)

Comment

Like a lot of other clubs - a good option for younger kids if it's near you. By U12 better players have outgrown it and move out. They do manage to get a kid on a college roster now and then (lower programs)
        Ajax is a perfect filler club for OW. Someone has to replace the OW incumbents at U13 and U14 that have never learned to play the game.

Comment

They left OW because they refused to cram down more than 5 dogs in their mouth at one time. They also left because parents asked why they need to drive to Glastonbury when farmington is one town over. They left OW because there is only OW and sporting. Playing each other every week. Sporting is the new veinless dog smuggler
          Hot dog guy!!!!!! Awesome. Been waiting for you to show up to the party you silly freak. You done gargling?

Sporting is just a tramp - been at FSA, been on their own, been at Oak, next'll be BS or somehow NEFC, whatever, Revs branch, wgaf.

Remember, its the big two OW and BS, the rest of you whatevers you are just town travel..... its not the big three, lol.

Comment

Hot dog guy!!!!!! Awesome. Been waiting for you to show up to the party you silly freak. You done gargling?

Sporting is just a tramp - been at FSA, been on their own, been at Oak, next'll be BS or somehow NEFC, whatever, Revs branch, wgaf.

Remember, its the big two OW and BS, the rest of you whatevers you are just town travel..... its not the big three, lol.
            amazingly your wife was able to take down the same amount of hot dogs in her mouth as in her bung hole. she is "special"

Comment

Typical OW supporter. Full of Bluster, signifying nothing. You can have OW. Rat infested indoor facility and bloated ego coaches and in the end, you wasted all that time and resources so your kid can play 15 minutes after a 8 hr bus ride. Quality life for your teenager. Good riddance

Comment

Ow facility sucks. Place crawling with ow parents. No one goes to ow in winter. Place just sucks no matter how you spin it
                Yes Ajax had their issues against OW in indoor, but saw several games at OSP and the games were very even in age-matched games.

Comment

Saw the AJAX (Eye-Ax) teams play against my son and his friends age groups - pre high school (7th and 8th grade) do pretty well. Post HS not so well. However my observation is jaded as I've switched to high school girls' soccer since my son has moved on to college, but I recall consistent good feedback about the owner/coaching director. But, I just hang on TS for the witty banter and which the which club is the worst club. Parent survivor of Town Rec, Town Travel, Pop Up Clubs, and Big Clubs wave. Man, I wish someone would hit me with a club... Make the pain stop.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X