Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    my question is why would they close their youth side? I could see it if the program was not profitable but it should be. With the fees charged and number of players the youth side should be in the black. A program that provides positive cash slow, fans for their first team and consumers to buy jerseys and other gear with OC on it would be hard to close.

I see why they farmed out DA and closed the USL team as those did not provide $$ to the overall budget but don't see the logic in this argument.
    I WONDER if MLS is telling Orlando City Youth soccer that they must change Logo ASAP or pay them Millions of dollars. OC screwed the pooch with this mess up. Factual Phil was warned but decided to blow off the warning by MLS officials and Now the shoe has dropped.

Comment

I WONDER if MLS is telling Orlando City Youth soccer that they must change Logo ASAP or pay them Millions of dollars. OC screwed the pooch with this mess up. Factual Phil was warned but decided to blow off the warning by MLS officials and Now the shoe has dropped.
      Someone only thought about himself ( Pro side of OC ) someone and Noone did anything to stop the Stoke City Pirate from screwing the youth club. Orlando City Youth Club is in major financial trouble after Ex Pro owner and his loyalist GB and CM helped him pirate funds from youth to Pro side of the ledger

Taking advantage of the kids for the benefits of a few.... NICE Men and leaders.

Here’s hoping another youth club does not bring CM and GB into their clubs

Comment

Someone only thought about himself ( Pro side of OC ) someone and Noone did anything to stop the Stoke City Pirate from screwing the youth club. Orlando City Youth Club is in major financial trouble after Ex Pro owner and his loyalist GB and CM helped him pirate funds from youth to Pro side of the ledger

Taking advantage of the kids for the benefits of a few.... NICE Men and leaders.

Here’s hoping another youth club does not bring CM and GB into their clubs
        I'm kinda bummed about OCYS closing shop. I always get a kick out of reading OC parents complaining about what kid made the DA, ECNL, or purple team. Complaining about favorites, complaining about what kid brought gifts to coaches, etc. No more hearing about OCYS is a direct feeder to MLS or Women's pro team.......

Comment

Well - you have to win to improve your bottom line..
          Why? I would agree that it's tough to call yourself successful and lose all of your matches 8-0. But why do you need to forgo developing players (including the smaller and weaker ones) to improve your bottom line?

Success comes in many forms and putting the ball in the back of the net is just one form of success. Another would be improving the skill level of all players on your team, going .500 and having all of the players want to continue in the sport.

Comment

You lost me, why would they have to change the logo?

Comment

You lost me, why would they have to change the logo?
              You heard it here. You will soon understand

Comment

You heard it here. You will soon understand
                No reason to chenge the logo, it belongs to the Club, not mls, and many youth programs use pro team logos.

Comment

I hope the hangover from your weekend long bender isn’t too severe.

Comment

The honest truth of the matter is OCYS has lots of good teams and lots of good players. Nobody is arguing that. However it is also the honest truth that the youth side has been very poorly managed from the very beginning. Neither of these statements can really be argued.

Phil and Adrian wanted to take over all of youth soccer in Orlando. The master plan is they would basically take over all the big youth clubs in Orlando (FKK, Rush, etc) and have a monopoly. It didn't work out as planned. Since then you now have a Brazilian owner that cares about 1 thing only because he is a business man first and that is his MLS team. The other aspects of the club operate in the red (B team, youth club, etc) and he just doesn't want to deal with that. This is the downside of having a non-American owner IMO is he really doesn't care about the American soccer player and the USA soccer/MLS pyramid.

I seriously doubt OC will just close up the youth soccer program but without a doubt they are struggling badly and they don't appear to have any direction.

Comment

The honest truth of the matter is OCYS has lots of good teams and lots of good players. Nobody is arguing that. However it is also the honest truth that the youth side has been very poorly managed from the very beginning. Neither of these statements can really be argued.

Phil and Adrian wanted to take over all of youth soccer in Orlando. The master plan is they would basically take over all the big youth clubs in Orlando (FKK, Rush, etc) and have a monopoly. It didn't work out as planned. Since then you now have a Brazilian owner that cares about 1 thing only because he is a business man first and that is his MLS team. The other aspects of the club operate in the red (B team, youth club, etc) and he just doesn't want to deal with that. This is the downside of having a non-American owner IMO is he really doesn't care about the American soccer player and the USA soccer/MLS pyramid.

I seriously doubt OC will just close up the youth soccer program but without a doubt they are struggling badly and they don't appear to have any direction.
                      Sounds an awful lot like GPS. I guess that’s why CM and GB are headed their way.

Comment

OC has never been much of a rules follower

Comment

Why? I would agree that it's tough to call yourself successful and lose all of your matches 8-0. But why do you need to forgo developing players (including the smaller and weaker ones) to improve your bottom line?

Success comes in many forms and putting the ball in the back of the net is just one form of success. Another would be improving the skill level of all players on your team, going .500 and having all of the players want to continue in the sport.
                          If you are “improving the skill level of all players on your team” you put the ball in the net AS A TEAM and you don’t give up 8 goals.

Comment

This all sounds reasonable...except that the youth club operates in the red. There should be plenty of numbers and fees in the OC youth club to be in the black. If you count the funded DA and partially funded GDA, then I can see the overall numbers dipping red I guess, possibly.

Now if there was some fancy accounting moving youth club profits over toward pro teams ledger...not sure that happened, but it's been therorized here....that would make this youth club look much less profitable.

Comment

This all sounds reasonable...except that the youth club operates in the red. There should be plenty of numbers and fees in the OC youth club to be in the black. If you count the funded DA and partially funded GDA, then I can see the overall numbers dipping red I guess, possibly.

Now if there was some fancy accounting moving youth club profits over toward pro teams ledger...not sure that happened, but it's been therorized here....that would make this youth club look much less profitable.
                              I would be amazed if the youth program is in the red unless there are strange fees paid to the mls club like a franchise or licensing fee

Comment

Along with Florida Elite Tallahassee there would be a great network to work for players at every level in central to north Florida.
                                Florida Elite Tallahassee? What's this about?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X