Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Soccer is too expensive!

Have you noticed that some soccer parents complain a lot about costs, but do not lift a finger to help organize or even participate in team fundraisers?

Others sit inside their cars at all practices and gripe, yet can not find the time to contribute to the team? If all these hours texting or on Facebook were used for fundraising, their kid’s soccer would be a lot less expensive.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have you noticed that some soccer parents complain a lot about costs, but do not lift a finger to help organize or even participate in team fundraisers?

Others sit inside their cars at all practices and gripe, yet can not find the time to contribute to the team? If all these hours texting or on Facebook were used for fundraising, their kid’s soccer would be a lot less expensive.
    Here's 5 bucks. Go get me a candy from the snack bar and keep the change for your child's soccer.

Comment

Fundraising for soccer is embarrassing. Tragedies, medical needs, hunger, shelter are so pressing that who wants to ask for contribution for a game?

Comment

So is every organized sport in America , welcome to 2018

Comment

Fundraiser idea 1: Valet parking.

Fundraiser idea 2: Pedicabs to take you from the parking to your field.

Fundraiser idea 3: Charge for the close parking or all the parking like Disney.

Fundraiser idea 4: Your customers for 1-3 will also like donuts, so have donuts ready to sell.

Comment

No thanks,I pay what the club asks for and have no intention of giving up my time to help pay for you.My advice,Get a better job.

Comment

Title: Youth soccer is too expensive

Me: Yeah, so?

Your options are opt out; find less expensive alternatives (they are out there); conduct a coup of your club's board and run things the way you want; work with your club to encourage fundraising and change the culture (good luck with that)

Comment

Count your lucky stars. You should see the bills for my kid's show horses.

Comment

My balls itch. How much for a scratch?

I would do it myself, but too busy on facebook. Text me when you're free. I'm in the car.

Comment

My balls itch. How much for a scratch?

I would do it myself, but too busy on facebook. Text me when you're free. I'm in the car.
                    That's Great,Best post in a long long time.

Comment

Fundraising for soccer is embarrassing. Tragedies, medical needs, hunger, shelter are so pressing that who wants to ask for contribution for a game?
                      Always loved getting hit up for $ from parents that lived a much better lifestyle than we did. Answer was, NO, we are saving for a family vacation.

You put your kid in that sport, YOU PAY FOR THEM

Comment

It’s way too expensive , ok so go buy a PlayStation (300) hook it up to ur tv and u won’t have to deal with them til they get arrested later on as adults

Kids aren’t cheap

Comment

Count your lucky stars. You should see the bills for my kid's show horses.

Damn... that is funny. Perspective is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Damn... that is funny. Perspective is a beautiful thing.
                            Puleez. Be so glad your kids are not into yachting. Poor poor parent involved in that - it is so costly.

Comment

Puleez. Be so glad your kids are not into yachting. Poor poor parent involved in that - it is so costly.
                              Puleez. We thought it would be cool for our kid to take up competitive shooting. Buy a gun, set up a target range, no big deal right? Wrong. 500-1,000 rounds per day, $1.00+ per round, 6 days per week. Do the math. You think there's a pro future in that?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X