Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FL is heading down the path of CO and CA.
    is this a bad thing for you? because if it is, have you seen our state in the last few years? maybe if we had some mary jane we wouldn't be chopping our mother's heads off with an axe or throwing our children off the skyway

Comment

is this a bad thing for you? because if it is, have you seen our state in the last few years? maybe if we had some mary jane we wouldn't be chopping our mother's heads off with an axe or throwing our children off the skyway
      The Silver Alerts, more distracted drivers, and more illegal drugs after the flood gates open. All that wasted time.

Comment

What happened to libtards saying the federal government can do whatever it wants? If the federal government says pot is illegal, it is SO DECIDED bitch.
        What happened to repubs saying it's all about state's rights? If it is then states that want pot should have it. But Session has too many friends in the for profit prison business and Big Pharma gave big to tRump and GOP congressmen.

Comment

This is from 2016 and data is still rolling in from CO (recreational) and other medical use states. Far more upside than downside. We have a huge problem with drug use in this state. Just watch some of those cop shows or Live PD, FL is always on

-Recreational legalization doesn't seem to make kids more likely to use marijuana.
          -Medical marijuana legalization also doesn't seem to increase youth marijuana usage.
          -Traffic fatalities have not increased in states that have legalized recreational marijuana use.
          -States that allow medical marijuana reduce opioid painkiller overdose deaths and addiction problems.
          -Tax revenues go up and arrest rates go down.

Negatives:More people have sought treatment for marijuana "poisonings" since legalization. A slight uptick in kids accidentally ingest items left lying around (as they can other drugs and alcohol if adults are careless, guns too) as well as adult tourists who over do it. BUT no one has died from Marijuana use

http://www.businessinsider.com/marij...ion-problems-4

Comment

This is from 2016 and data is still rolling in from CO (recreational) and other medical use states. Far more upside than downside. We have a huge problem with drug use in this state. Just watch some of those cop shows or Live PD, FL is always on

-Recreational legalization doesn't seem to make kids more likely to use marijuana.
            -Medical marijuana legalization also doesn't seem to increase youth marijuana usage.
            -Traffic fatalities have not increased in states that have legalized recreational marijuana use.
            -States that allow medical marijuana reduce opioid painkiller overdose deaths and addiction problems.
            -Tax revenues go up and arrest rates go down.

Negatives:More people have sought treatment for marijuana "poisonings" since legalization. A slight uptick in kids accidentally ingest items left lying around (as they can other drugs and alcohol if adults are careless, guns too) as well as adult tourists who over do it. BUT no one has died from Marijuana use

http://www.businessinsider.com/marij...ion-problems-4
            Since medical marijuana, people are thinking there are less risk factors but that is untrue. The cold hard truth is marijuana highs can cause impaired thinking thus accidents like high driving, long term effects like brain damage in teens that does not recover, risks to newborn babies (there is research showing more pregnant women are smoking marijuana), breathing problems like those found in smoking tobacco, ..

Comment

Since medical marijuana, people are thinking there are less risk factors but that is untrue. The cold hard truth is marijuana highs can cause impaired thinking thus accidents like high driving, long term effects like brain damage in teens that does not recover, risks to newborn babies (there is research showing more pregnant women are smoking marijuana), breathing problems like those found in smoking tobacco, ..
              Pot doesn't cause cancer. Tobacco does yet it's still out there, legal for all 21 and over despite decades of medical evidence of all that is bad for you. Some heavy pot users are more prone to breathing issues that abate once they cut back. As for accidents did you not read the link the poster had ? CO has not seen that to date and they've been legal for a few years now (the joke is people are too stoned to go out lol). BTW legalized pot is HIGHLY regulated. You have be 21 to buy just like alcohol. Personally if my kid is going to smoke (I hope he doesn't but kids will be kids, I'm not naive) I'd rather it come via a regulated channel (say an older legal friend buys it for them) then him buying from a corner dealer

Comment

Do high school athletes in Florida have random drug testing?

Comment

In our school district the policy is if there is proof an athlete is even off campus where alcohol or drugs are present (even if they were not using) they will not be allowed to play the sport that season (if the sport starts in a later season then they won't be able play at that time either).

Comment

Not sure what you libtards were expecting when you pushed to normalize the use of ILLEGAL drugs. Thank the Lord Jesus that Attorney General Jeff Sessions is doing his job and enforcing the supreme federal law of the land.
                    Jeff Sessions is a special kind of scum. The war on drugs is a complete failure and his antiquated stand on pot is as ludicrously as Trump’s combover. One day Neanderthals like you will die off and the country can progress.

Comment

Jeff Sessions is a special kind of scum. The war on drugs is a complete failure and his antiquated stand on pot is as ludicrously as Trump’s combover. One day Neanderthals like you will die off and the country can progress.
                      Signed Welfare Pot head.

Comment

It's all about for profit prisons and keeping minorities behind bars.

Comment

Signed Welfare Pot head.
                          I don’t smoke pot and I’m well ensconced in the upper middle class. I just happen see Sessions for what he is, a retrograde troll.

Comment

Back to Soccer. Many of the parents know about their kid or other players smoking weed and seem to not be concerned or give them consequences. Why?

Comment

Back to Soccer. Many of the parents know about their kid or other players smoking weed and seem to not be concerned or give them consequences. Why?
                              Because many parents don't think it's addictive, etc. Many smoked themselves as kids/young adults and I know adults that still do, even two physicians. The adults that I know who do are not hippy pot head types either; middle class to upper income, educated. Other parents, myself included, don't condone it or certainly not allow it in my home, but I also know kids will be kids and do stupid things (we did catch our oldest and the consequences were severe and witnessed by the younger ones). If you've done right as a parent you've taught them to (mostly) make good choices. But sometimes they will screw up.

Once they go to college you really can't control anything they do. Smoking is rampant on campuses, even more so than we were all in school

Comment

Because many parents don't think it's addictive, etc. Many smoked themselves as kids/young adults and I know adults that still do, even two physicians. The adults that I know who do are not hippy pot head types either; middle class to upper income, educated. Other parents, myself included, don't condone it or certainly not allow it in my home, but I also know kids will be kids and do stupid things (we did catch our oldest and the consequences were severe and witnessed by the younger ones). If you've done right as a parent you've taught them to (mostly) make good choices. But sometimes they will screw up.

Once they go to college you really can't control anything they do. Smoking is rampant on campuses, even more so than we were all in school
                                Yes they will screw up especially when accessible in Florida. Getting kicked off the high school soccer team is nothing as bad as getting hurt Or hurting another.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X