Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EVERYTHING you believe about boys recruiting is wrong!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You must think you're reaching parents of 11 year olds. Most boys parents who've been at this awhile are well aware of everything you have posted. Yet their kids still play because the WANT TO. I know that' tough for you to accept, as you've made clear over and over and over again.

Comment

You must think you're reaching parents of 11 year olds. Most boys parents who've been at this awhile are well aware of everything you have posted. Yet their kids still play because the WANT TO. I know that' tough for you to accept, as you've made clear over and over and over again.
      You underestimate the delusion inherent to the sidelines. DA? Check. ECNL? Check. NPL? Check. NEP and whatever they're calling MAPLE now? Check.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        rather than clutter the "commits" thread please use this one to altruistically save all the doe eyed newbies from the clutches of the sinister club coaches.

I'll start.

Virtually no one gets money to play soccer, and you're kid isn't the exception.
        your ...

Comment

your ...
          ...a sanctimonious douche.

Comment

...a sanctimonious douche.
            I can almost see using "your" as a shorthand for "you're", as it is less keystrokes, and could be construed as an internet slang. (although bordering on illiteracy)

Taking the time the write "you're" when the usage is possessive, and not a contraction of You Are, means you are probably literally a drooling retard. Sorry, no way to sugarcoat it. Sanctimonious though I may be...

Comment

I can almost see using "your" as a shorthand for "you're", as it is less keystrokes, and could be construed as an internet slang. (although bordering on illiteracy)

Taking the time the write "you're" when the usage is possessive, and not a contraction of You Are, means you are probably literally a drooling retard. Sorry, no way to sugarcoat it. Sanctimonious though I may be...
              And your use of the word "retard" indicates that I overshot by calling you sanctimonious. You're a much more pedestrian douche.

Comment

Rather than clutter the "Commits" thread please use this one to altruistically save all the doe eyed newbies from the clutches of the sinister club coaches.

I'll start.

Virtually no one gets money to play soccer, and you're kid isn't the exception.

You are right. However, this has been hashed out, in, up and down before. That said, don't have your child play or have your family pay for club soccer if your only goal is a college soccer scholarship, national team or pro team tryout.

Do it because you can lose the money and your child really wants to play.

Comment

Or because getting some D3 merit money is a great way to reduce costs. If a D3 wants you, they will often find the merit money. Reduced the amount I am paying by half and will be good for all 4 years. Thank you club soccer!

Comment

Or because getting some D3 merit money is a great way to reduce costs. If a D3 wants you, they will often find the merit money. Reduced the amount I am paying by half and will be good for all 4 years. Thank you club soccer!
                    I call BS.

Merit money at D3 has nothing to do with soccer ability.

Comment

I call BS.

Merit money at D3 has nothing to do with soccer ability.
                      Yet schools give merit money to players all the time to student athletes who likely wouldn't get as much if they were just a regular applicant. D1 athletes often get merit $ as well that they might not without sports, especially if it's a school that isn't fully funded.

Comment

First, the snarky reply. If it doesn’t make sense to fly to far flung showcases for athletic money, what makes anyone think it makes sense for merit money? Second, the facts. What is alleged here is a violation of NCAA rules and the conference rules which most of the D3 schools people around here want to send their kids to. Thirdly, the reality. If a soccer program at the level where soccer is secondary to academics is willing to cheat to win soccer games, how do you think they will treat your child? Is that really what you want to spend tens of thousands in educational dollars for?

Comment

Yet schools give merit money to players all the time to student athletes who likely wouldn't get as much if they were just a regular applicant. D1 athletes often get merit $ as well that they might not without sports, especially if it's a school that isn't fully funded.
                          Wow you really know very little about any of this. You should go read the NCAA rules before you start spreading this much misinformation and false hope. In order for merit money to not count in the scholarship count it can’t have anything to do with sports and must potentially earn able by all students. Compliance departments would raise a red flag at what you are suggesting.

Comment

Wow you really know very little about any of this. You should go read the NCAA rules before you start spreading this much misinformation and false hope. In order for merit money to not count in the scholarship count it can’t have anything to do with sports and must potentially earn able by all students. Compliance departments would raise a red flag at what you are suggesting.
                            If you saw my daughters SAT scores and GPA you'd change your tune. I'm sure "anyone" can get merit money. I'm also sure she wouldn't be getting it if it wasn't for soccer. I'm perfectly happy the way things worked out.

Comment

Schools can give merit dollars for any reason they deem fit. There are all kinds of grants and scholarships they come combine to create nice packages for athletes. "Compliance" omg funny

Comment

If you saw my daughters SAT scores and GPA you'd change your tune. I'm sure "anyone" can get merit money. I'm also sure she wouldn't be getting it if it wasn't for soccer. I'm perfectly happy the way things worked out.
                                Same here - having had one athlete and one non athlete go through the process I can attest that the amount given to the athlete, who was an average to slightly below average applicant to his schools, was much better than the other child who was just a regular applicant. If you're just a regular applicant you have to be well above the typical scores and grades to get significant monies.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X