X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree!
    Don't compare OC pride DA and ECNL, they are worlds apart.

OC ECNL vs FKK ECNL is the dog fight.

Comment

$2500 covers all fees, travel, flights to all showcase events and national playoffs, hotels, food, hire vans,everything.
      FKK will always bash OC but you will pay close 8k for ecnl at FKK by the end of the year.
      This is not true. Just ask anyone who has played at both clubs. Currently, OC is more expensive, by far. But, who really cares because you are probably talking only a couple hundred dollars difference when you tally up all the expenses you listed. Do you have all that in writing?

Comment

Don't compare OC pride DA and ECNL, they are worlds apart.

OC ECNL vs FKK ECNL is the dog fight.
        Hmm. Pride DA has yet to play a game. They have no coaches. They don't have players yet really either. OC ECNL will be a total joke next year the same way the Purple teams are a joke. (Not the players. They are just the dupes of a OC business model that is flawed.) Great players have two choices: OC Pride GDA or FKK ECNL. It will be interesting how it all plays out. The HS girls in the area are all friends and are all talking and comparing. OC Pride DA run by AH will be the same as this years OC ECNL. And, the OC ECNL experience sucks! BS 7 lies. Why would this change by changing leagues?

Comment

OC ECNL will be a total joke next year the same way the Purple teams are a joke.
          Just an outsider looking at things.. isn't that the FKK top team playing the OC purple team results from the fall ??? Ended in a 1/1 tie...

9/24/2016
          Game Time Home Team Away Team Location
          6:00 PM
          OCYS 2004G PURPLE 1 FKK 04 FLORIDA KRUSH BLACK 1 Central Winds A

Comment

Today I sent this e-mail to Alan Hough, Director of the Girls DA for Orlando City/Pride. For obvious reasons I sent it anonymously. I will share his response if he answers and consents:

Dear Mr. Hough,

In February 2016 I wrote to voice my concerns about OC's plans to offer both GDA and ECNL programs. At the time you chose not to address those concerns, stating that the club had other priorities including implementation of the birth year change. Fair enough. But now, with tryouts less than a month away, it seems appropriate to re-visit the concerns that still exist and share some new ones.

1. Talent dilution: Since OC intends to offer both GDA and ECNL, how will you avoid watering down the talent between two top teams at each age group, making them less competitive vs clubs that concentrate on one top team per age? If your answer is that new elite players will come from surrounding clubs, can you explain why those players are not already on OC's ECNL teams and why they would change their minds now?

2. GDA program cost: The Web is full of vague and conflicting information on whether GDA will be "fully funded", "cost-free", or just "funded". Terminology aside, please provide specific information on exactly what costs will be covered by the club and what will be passed on to the players' families

3. Scholarships: Please share the criteria for being awarded a partial or full GDA scholarship. We need confirmation that the process will be fair and unbiased, and not used as a recruiting tool for the most coveted players who may be fully able to pay.

4. High School soccer: If it is allowed, what assurance can you offer the players deciding to play for their school that there will be no repercussions upon their return? If a majority decide to play High School, what is the plan for the keeping remaining GDA team viable? If HS is not allowed, have you assessed how many will decline their GDA offers as a result of that decision?

5. Coaching: USSF stresses the importance of A-licensed coaches. Do you have a full complement of coaches meeting that requirement without sacrificing coaching quality on the ECNL and Purple teams? How many A-licensed coaches have been added to your staff to prepare for the 2017-2018 season?

Your answers will influence the choice of club next season for my family and many others in central Florida. Unfortunately I am unable to make your Sunday 1pm meeting, but I am certain many of the people attending have the same questions. Whether or not you choose to respond to me directly, I urge you to cover these topics at the meeting. This is a prime opportunity for you to correct any misinformation and set the record straight on the club’s position.

The online community is aware I have sent this message to you, and I intend to share your response online unless you specifically request otherwise.

Regards,
            A Concerned Soccer Parent
            Mr. Hough never answered this letter, but with nearly a year behind us now, I can state what the answers would have been, had he chosen to answer honestly:

1. Talent dilution: We will do nothing. Both programs will suffer terribly, with the GDA posting mediocre results and ECNL posting truly disgraceful results. We told the Purple parents their kids would be promoted to ECNL, hoping they would believe a new badge on their jerseys would suddenly make them into elite players. Joke's on them, it didn't.

2. GDA program cost: We will tell people inconsistent things and leave them totally confused.

3. Scholarships: We intend us use these as bribes for the players we desperately want to keep. We will never publish anything official and will make these backroom deals under a cloak of complete secrecy. Financial need has nothing to do with who we give these to.

4. High School soccer: No high school will be allowed, but if you choose to play for your school we will pretend we didn't know about it. Whether your absence during the HS season affects your academy playing time depends on how much we need you.

5. Coaching: We have pretty much the same coaches we had before. We definitely don't have enough A-licensed coaches. Nobody does. I don't know what USSF was smoking.

We fully expect U.S. Club Soccer to revoke our ECNL membership next year. We're not even sure we want to keep GDA. We are looking into bailing out like we did on the boys side. If you believed our BS promises we are truly sorry. Well, not really. You should have known better than to buy the purple snake oil.

Comment

Mr. Hough never answered this letter, but with nearly a year behind us now, I can state what the answers would have been, had he chosen to answer honestly:

1. Talent dilution: We will do nothing. Both programs will suffer terribly, with the GDA posting mediocre results and ECNL posting truly disgraceful results. We told the Purple parents their kids would be promoted to ECNL, hoping they would believe a new badge on their jerseys would suddenly make them into elite players. Joke's on them, it didn't.

2. GDA program cost: We will tell people inconsistent things and leave them totally confused.

3. Scholarships: We intend us use these as bribes for the players we desperately want to keep. We will never publish anything official and will make these backroom deals under a cloak of complete secrecy. Financial need has nothing to do with who we give these to.

4. High School soccer: No high school will be allowed, but if you choose to play for your school we will pretend we didn't know about it. Whether your absence during the HS season affects your academy playing time depends on how much we need you.

5. Coaching: We have pretty much the same coaches we had before. We definitely don't have enough A-licensed coaches. Nobody does. I don't know what USSF was smoking.

We fully expect U.S. Club Soccer to revoke our ECNL membership next year. We're not even sure we want to keep GDA. We are looking into bailing out like we did on the boys side. If you believed our BS promises we are truly sorry. Well, not really. You should have known better than to buy the purple snake oil.
              Brutal honesty, and right on the mark.

Comment

What's up the GDA now that the boys are with MV?

Comment

This is a cluster in general and not good in the long run for Florida soccer. No wonder everyone north of Brunswick is laughing.

Comment

Honesty? If Alan had answered honestly he would have simply told you that you are an over-involved pain-in-the-@ss and your kid isn't worth the trouble.

Comment

When GDA pride moving to Lake Nona?

Comment

Today I sent this e-mail to Alan Hough, Director of the Girls DA for Orlando City/Pride. For obvious reasons I sent it anonymously. I will share his response if he answers and consents:

Dear Mr. Hough,

In February 2016 I wrote to voice my concerns about OC's plans to offer both GDA and ECNL programs. At the time you chose not to address those concerns, stating that the club had other priorities including implementation of the birth year change. Fair enough. But now, with tryouts less than a month away, it seems appropriate to re-visit the concerns that still exist and share some new ones.

1. Talent dilution: Since OC intends to offer both GDA and ECNL, how will you avoid watering down the talent between two top teams at each age group, making them less competitive vs clubs that concentrate on one top team per age? If your answer is that new elite players will come from surrounding clubs, can you explain why those players are not already on OC's ECNL teams and why they would change their minds now?
                        2. GDA program cost: The Web is full of vague and conflicting information on whether GDA will be "fully funded", "cost-free", or just "funded". Terminology aside, please provide specific information on exactly what costs will be covered by the club and what will be passed on to the players' families

3. Scholarships: Please share the criteria for being awarded a partial or full GDA scholarship. We need confirmation that the process will be fair and unbiased, and not used as a recruiting tool for the most coveted players who may be fully able to pay.

4. High School soccer: If it is allowed, what assurance can you offer the players deciding to play for their school that there will be no repercussions upon their return? If a majority decide to play High School, what is the plan for the keeping remaining GDA team viable? If HS is not allowed, have you assessed how many will decline their GDA offers as a result of that decision?

5. Coaching: USSF stresses the importance of A-licensed coaches. Do you have a full complement of coaches meeting that requirement without sacrificing coaching quality on the ECNL and Purple teams? How many A-licensed coaches have been added to your staff to prepare for the 2017-2018 season?

Your answers will influence the choice of club next season for my family and many others in central Florida. Unfortunately I am unable to make your Sunday 1pm meeting, but I am certain many of the people attending have the same questions. Whether or not you choose to respond to me directly, I urge you to cover these topics at the meeting. This is a prime opportunity for you to correct any misinformation and set the record straight on the club’s position.

The online community is aware I have sent this message to you, and I intend to share your response online unless you specifically request otherwise.

Regards,
                        Please be on the board.

Comment

1st of all, you don’t know what your talking about. Alan would never give you the time of day to answer these stupid ass questions. Obviously if you have a daughter in the GDA with the Pride you would know the answer to these questions. Pride GDA teams are actually doing really well besides there 01/02 team. GDA cost you would know already if your daughter was on a Pride GDA team. Scholarships don’t need them for the Pride GDA, coaching staff and there license you would have known already. As to ECNL results definitely could be better but it is OC’s 2nd teams. FKK isn’t doing any better considering it’s there “ Top teams” and playing against other clubs 2nd teams in ECNL.

Comment

1st of all, you don’t know what your talking about. Alan would never give you the time of day to answer these stupid ass questions. Obviously if you have a daughter in the GDA with the Pride you would know the answer to these questions. Pride GDA teams are actually doing really well besides there 01/02 team. GDA cost you would know already if your daughter was on a Pride GDA team. Scholarships don’t need them for the Pride GDA, coaching staff and there license you would have known already. As to ECNL results definitely could be better but it is OC’s 2nd teams. FKK isn’t doing any better considering it’s there “ Top teams” and playing against other clubs 2nd teams in ECNL.
                            Would you care to play 3-4 age groups. FKK vs the nearly disbanded OC GDA

Boys DA GONE. HAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Would you care to play 3-4 age groups. FKK vs the nearly disbanded OC GDA

Boys DA GONE. HAHAHAHAHA
                              The English Mafia OC Girls DA staff is moving South but I guess the OC DA parents will be last to know just like the Boys DA parents

Comment

Dear Mr. Hough,

Regards,
                                Orlando City Girls ECNL program played 12 matches this past weekend in the Sanford ECNL Girls college showcase. Over 400 college coaches attended the showcase. OC showcases 4 age groups.

03 ECNL Orlando City record= 0 wins 3 losses
                                02 ECNL Orlando City record = 0 wins 3 losses
                                01ECNL Orlando City record = 0 wins 3 losses
                                00 ECNL Orlando City record= 0 wins 1 tie and 2 losses

WOW. Final record 0 wins 11 losses and 1 tie and a crap load of goals against.

If your 1-400 coaches coaches present your shaking your head and NOT recruiting from this club

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X