Questions about Orlando City's GDA and ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a failure for sure disorganized and they gave up by all accounts now will see how the partnership does . It is certainly not a partnership.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This is a failure for sure disorganized and they gave up by all accounts now will see how the partnership does . It is certainly not a partnership.
      If English is your first language, then the only obvious failure is in your education. What is is this gibberish supposed to mean.

Comment

Go on...

Any situation that is Subsidized is going to look bad financially. I mean....be definition, its in the red because the players are not paying full freight.

Players are paying all travel, club covers the rest. How can it be a mess? Can they not do simple math and determine what the per player cost is going to be that they are subsidizing?

You would have been better off to just say something like "they don't want to subsitdizw the girls side anymore." That would make more sense than saying it's a mess.

This just sounds like a lie / troll.
        OC ECNL program is costly and Girls DA is done funding program as of January 1st 2018

Expect more changes on the Girls DA side and an announcement on more changes

Comment

OCYS is falling apart
          OC youth soccer is out of Money.... Bad deals made to support the Pro side is coming back to haunt the Youth side. All the best OC..

Comment

OC youth soccer is out of Money.... Bad deals made to support the Pro side is coming back to haunt the Youth side. All the best OC..
            Main OC owner NOT dropping one cent into Youth club moving forward. DA-BOYS and Girls or complex

Comment

Main OC owner NOT dropping one cent into Youth club moving forward. DA-BOYS and Girls or complex
              Lots of payroll at OC youth soccer, going to be interesting next few months

Comment

OC ECNL program is costly and Girls DA is done funding program as of January 1st 2018

Expect more changes on the Girls DA side and an announcement on more changes
                On the other thread you said it was February. It’s difficult to keep all of your lies straight, isn’t it?

Comment

No matter how you feel about Pride DA....having it close or even become defended is a HUGE step in the wrong direction for:
                  1) soccer in Orlando
                  2) soccer in Florida
                  3) girls soccer in general

I don't care if you're a rival, former player at the club, or hater of the coaches....this would be blow for girls soccer overall.

There needs to be a centralized team in the state with GDA. Having the team associated with the NWSL and partially funded helped recruit very talented players from as far as 2 hours away.

I don't care what damn jersey the teams have on...the top talent needs to consolidate and train and play together to reach their full potential and beat teams like top hat and Concorde consistently. I'm not saying OP had all the top talent, but there are many quality players across most age groups....definitely something to build on in next couple years.

Hoping leadership emerges....somewhere....but looking more and more unlikely, while clubs and parents bicker like 5 year olds. Seems like only thing that matters in the end is $$$$$ and egos.

Comment

No matter how you feel about Pride DA....having it close or even become defended is a HUGE step in the wrong direction for:
                    1) soccer in Orlando
                    2) soccer in Florida

I don't care if you're a rival, former player at the club, or hater of the coaches....this would be blow for girls soccer overall.

There needs to be a centralized team in the state with GDA. Having the team associated with the NWSL and partially funded helped recruit very talented players from as far as 2 hours away.

I don't care what damn jersey the teams have on...the top talent needs to consolidate and train and play together to reach their full potential and beat teams like top hat and Concorde consistently. I'm not saying OP had all the top talent, but there are many quality players across most age groups....definitely something to build on in next couple years.

Hoping leadership emerges....somewhere....but looking more and more unlikely, while clubs and parents bicker like 5 year olds. Seems like only thing that matters in the end is $$$$$ and egos.
                    My girl does not and will never play da. However what you say is spot on. Girls soccer is normally an after thought at most clubs. Finding a great coach is next to impossible

Comment

1) soccer in Orlando
                      2) soccer in Florida

This is WAY too sensible a post for this forum. Don't worry I'm sure other posters will be here shortly to tell you why you are wrong...lol.

Comment

This is WAY too sensible a post for this forum. Don't worry I'm sure other posters will be here shortly to tell you why you are wrong...lol.
                        I will say that they are correct...before the haters arrive. Part of the problem is that it will be a couple years before ECNL is fully relegated to the second tier on the girls side. ECNL was and is a well run program but they are fighting to hold on to the top tier. While GDA is a start-up with some growing pains and its share of naysayers, it will be the dominate program. Consolidation is needed, having so many teams btwn DA and ECNL is causing what we are seeing in FL, some teams are good, but many are poor. This is from both from a player and coaching perspective.

Comment

GDA is not going anywhere, its new so there are growing pains, but the only people on here yelling for its demise is an ECNL coach or ECNL BOD. ECNL will lose its status to 2 or 3 tier in a couple of years.

The orlando situation will sort itself out and everything will be fine. GDA will have 1-2 teams in the Orlando Tampa area, and Ecnl will too.

Comment

GDA is not going anywhere, its new so there are growing pains, but the only people on here yelling for its demise is an ECNL coach or ECNL BOD. ECNL will lose its status to 2 or 3 tier in a couple of years.

The orlando situation will sort itself out and everything will be fine. GDA will have 1-2 teams in the Orlando Tampa area, and Ecnl will too.
                            There is plenty of evidence of trouble coming for OC's GDA program. What evidence do you have that "everything will be fine"? Do you have actual information or are you just regurgitating the purple fairly tales OC is telling you?

Comment

There is plenty of evidence of trouble coming for OC's GDA program. What evidence do you have that "everything will be fine"? Do you have actual information or are you just regurgitating the purple fairly tales OC is telling you?
                              Talking specifically about the GDA, there are probably 10 super studs that can play anywhere, and are a couple of scouts away from being called in to NT camps - laugh all you want but it’s true- where do you think they are going? To ecnl? Move to Atlanta? No , they will play where GDA is offered next year and that will most likely be OC.

Comment

Talking specifically about the GDA, there are probably 10 super studs that can play anywhere, and are a couple of scouts away from being called in to NT camps - laugh all you want but it’s true- where do you think they are going? To ecnl? Move to Atlanta? No , they will play where GDA is offered next year and that will most likely be OC.
                                So your argument is everything will be fine because I have to believe it or else my kid is screwed. Not very convincing. You just proved your "everything will be fine" theory is nothing more than your own wishful thinking.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X