Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to West Pines U10 ‘Elite’ Team?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    lol. there were NO letters. I can GUARANTEE that. Maybe 1 letter. From you and only you.

Let me guess, your team of 10 year olds is losing and now you're looking for someone to blame.

It's the same story every year at every club. Parents of 9 year old super teams start to panic when the competition begins to catch up. Guess what? It gets even tougher as they get older.

Make sure they keep training and stop blaming everyone else. The excuse machine gets old.
    What is your excuse for managing a club that used to have FOUR to five teams in each U8, U9, U10, but now hardly manages to convince enough parents to fill 1-2 teams in the same categories?

Comment

What is your excuse for managing a club that used to have FOUR to five teams in each U8, U9, U10, but now hardly manages to convince enough parents to fill 1-2 teams in the same categories?
      They will never tell you what you want to hear which is that they don't know how to manage a club. Tuffin has no clue about soccer and the coaches in charge, well we know their history.

Comment

clueless board of directors more concerned about what to do to get more playing time for their little pogbas

Comment

lol. there were NO letters. I can GUARANTEE that. Maybe 1 letter. From you and only you.

Let me guess, your team of 10 year olds is losing and now you're looking for someone to blame.

It's the same story every year at every club. Parents of 9 year old super teams start to panic when the competition begins to catch up. Guess what? It gets even tougher as they get older.

Make sure they keep training and stop blaming everyone else. The excuse machine gets old.
          I saw them play a couple of times. That was a hell of a team of 9 year olds.

But yeah, no one really thought that team was going to stick together. At best maybe a year and then they would scatter. Looks like the break up happened a little sooner but it wasn't unexpected.

Comment

For what it is worth Weston 06 Pre-DA vs West Pines Almighty Elite Program 4-0 for Weston and WP just won Wellington 😂😂

Comment

For what it is worth Weston 06 Pre-DA vs West Pines Almighty Elite Program 4-0 for Weston and WP just won Wellington 😂😂
              For what it’s worth, Weston’s almighty 07 pre-DA lost to West Pines 2nd team. 😂😂

Comment

They had a great U9 team last year. They lost most of their talent.

What did the coach, president and BOD did this time?
                I think you have the wrong age group. Who was/is the coach?

Comment

I think many of the parents with kids on those very talented U9 teams believe, or at least have high hopes, that the team will stick together until U16/17. My kid was on such a U9 team, and there was constant sideline chatter about how strong they were going to be 3 or 4 years down the road.

Well, come only two years down the road as U11s this year, 4 are playing on the club's U12 DA team (mixed in with 18 other players), 2 are playing on the club's Premier level team, 2 switched to another club, and 3 ended up back in travel soccer programs in order to have time for other sports. Give it one more year and I guarantee that by U12, even that core of 4 on the DA will no longer be playing together.

Often, the best players on those exceptional U9 teams will end up seeking higher levels of play (either playing up, or moving clubs), taking the air out of the remaining players, who end up frustrated when the level of play plummets. At that point, unfortunately for some kids, their parents feel it's not worth it anymore, and put them back in travel. Others may try to get on a slightly better team at another club. It's very rare for a U9 club team to stay together for long; town teams seem to do a better job of sticking together with loyalty to friends and coaches coming into play.

Comment

I think many of the parents with kids on those very talented U9 teams believe, or at least have high hopes, that the team will stick together until U16/17. My kid was on such a U9 team, and there was constant sideline chatter about how strong they were going to be 3 or 4 years down the road.

Well, come only two years down the road as U11s this year, 4 are playing on the club's U12 DA team (mixed in with 18 other players), 2 are playing on the club's Premier level team, 2 switched to another club, and 3 ended up back in travel soccer programs in order to have time for other sports. Give it one more year and I guarantee that by U12, even that core of 4 on the DA will no longer be playing together.

Often, the best players on those exceptional U9 teams will end up seeking higher levels of play (either playing up, or moving clubs), taking the air out of the remaining players, who end up frustrated when the level of play plummets. At that point, unfortunately for some kids, their parents feel it's not worth it anymore, and put them back in travel. Others may try to get on a slightly better team at another club. It's very rare for a U9 club team to stay together for long; town teams seem to do a better job of sticking together with loyalty to friends and coaches coming into play.
                    It's very simple, at u9 you can have an excellent team with only 3 or 4 good players. The format is such that with 3 kids that really stand out your team is "elite." When kids transition to 11v11 you need a much larger pool of talented players to compete at the same level. So if you are a gold or first division premier travel team at u9, to maintain that same level of competition, the kids that stand out need to be at a place that can deliver another 9-12 of the same level kids. This is usually not the local club simply because the talent pool is not there. some of the local clubs do not attend the higher level tournaments and only play local leagues. another factor is that the parents are craziest at this age. they all salivate over their kid scoring goals. for most kids this does not continue as they get older. hard to get as excited for a solid tackle, good midfield positioning or a good pass to completion ratio!

Comment

I think you have the wrong age group. Who was/is the coach?
                      At least we know you are not the coach. I’ve heard that many WPU coaches do not speak English!

Comment

At least we know you are not the coach. I’ve heard that many WPU coaches do not speak English!
                        Thanks for not answering the questions TROLL!

Comment

oh i know

They had a great U9 team last year. They lost most of their talent.

What did the coach, president and BOD did this time?
                          the answer to this question is simple, they allowed 3 sister rec players from sunrise to come over with their untalented troublemaker dad thinking they will actually be a good team but those girls are ruining the team the same way they ruined sunrise last year. sunrise is smart by getting rid of those girls and the dad because hes trouble and his daughters just need to take dance classes because soccer is not sticking

Comment

except for two players, that weston pre-academy 07 team sucks

Comment

except for two players, that weston pre-academy 07 team sucks
                              What about the 07 academy kids? Can any spots be taken tomorrow night?

Comment

at least four

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X