Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    need to define plenty. by want it, I mean are willing to really make sacrifices to get it. The girls game is full of kids who like the trappings of success ( social media, awards, all this and that) but are not willing to grind. Big fish in tiny pools is enough.

The Clubs are run to satisfy the majority of consumers and that, by definition, is an average player. You make my point for me, a kid that really wants it outgrows that environment pretty quick. If more rally wanted it, then there would be no need to dumb down as much.

Girls soccer is as much a social endeavor for most as it is a quest for excellence. Its marketed that way by the ECNL, USSF etc with Instagram, Snapchat twitter etc Its all personal interest stories. almost no real soccer content.
    So, in other words, just a lot like life in general. Who knew? Wow.

Comment

need to define plenty. by want it, I mean are willing to really make sacrifices to get it. The girls game is full of kids who like the trappings of success ( social media, awards, all this and that) but are not willing to grind. Big fish in tiny pools is enough.

The Clubs are run to satisfy the majority of consumers and that, by definition, is an average player. You make my point for me, a kid that really wants it outgrows that environment pretty quick. If more rally wanted it, then there would be no need to dumb down as much.

Girls soccer is as much a social endeavor for most as it is a quest for excellence. Its marketed that way by the ECNL, USSF etc with Instagram, Snapchat twitter etc Its all personal interest stories. almost no real soccer content.
      So by this logic, Tom Brady’s Facebook and Instagram accounts prove he’s really in it for the social aspect of football, and no real quest for excellence.

Idiot.

Comment

So by this logic, Tom Brady’s Facebook and Instagram accounts prove he’s really in it for the social aspect of football, and no real quest for excellence.

Idiot.
        Yeah, that he is. Who'd have thunk it, girls are girls. The horror.

Comment

Idiot.
          Nope. An idiotic take by you. Tb is not trying to TEACH his followers the game. He is expanding his brand. in youth soccer today, the business of the game is more important than the game itself. These entities are promoting that way for branding. They are not really trying to appeal to hard core players. its no surprise that the former ECNL commissioner is receiving awards for marketing. Youht soccer institutions should have teaching soccer as goal #1

As far as the girls are girls comments, i dont get your point at all. I have no issue with that at all. Its why pretending that immersion is the answer is nonsense.

Reduce the size of the program that tells us it about finding NT level players instead of pretending things are different.

Comment

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...lifying-roster

Aparently JD still has some pull with the WNT

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered

This kind of post drives me crazy. Maybe the girls on the team are good.

Comment

Lets just all congratulate the players. The focus should be on them for all the hard work they have done, not on whether or not JD pulled strings to get them there. That demeans the accomplishment. The truth is those kids got there on their own merits and he has had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Lets just all congratulate the players. The focus should be on them for all the hard work they have done, not on whether or not JD pulled strings to get them there. That demeans the accomplishment. The truth is those kids got there on their own merits and he has had nothing to do with it.
                  Agreed! Like anything in life, one's network may produce an introduction but after that, it's earned. So even if we accept that JD lobbied for a camp invite, the decision to roster these girls for this event was earned. Congrats to them for all their hard work

Comment

Agreed! Like anything in life, one's network may produce an introduction but after that, it's earned. So even if we accept that JD lobbied for a camp invite, the decision to roster these girls for this event was earned. Congrats to them for all their hard work

I dont think the USSF actually look that hard.

Comment

I dont think the USSF actually look that hard.
                      huh? I stewpid. Explain self could you to me please

Comment

huh? I stewpid. Explain self could you to me please
                        I dont think the USSF are doing all they can to find players. Far too many repeat attendees to these things for that to be the case. coaches get their selections in early and they tend to stay. Its not a constant evaluation.

i get it, in a WC year you have to build a team. Im talking in the years leading up to this. Nowhere near enough rotation for me in the off years.

Comment

I don't know how long this group has been together, but they have won everything with one tie in the past year or two. I am not sure why the coach would switch it up now given the success. I wish my daughter would have that opportunity, but she'll just have to work harder as will yours.

Comment

I don't know how long this group has been together, but they have won everything with one tie in the past year or two. I am not sure why the coach would switch it up now given the success. I wish my daughter would have that opportunity, but she'll just have to work harder as will yours.
                            Do you look at who they play? we have kids with 28 u17 caps ...lololol
                            28 caps ... thats ridiculous. I dont think other countries play 28 games in a 4 year cycle.

You say success, but I assume your measure is just Wins and losses. I dont think you actually read my post - i said more rotation early in cycle and THEN settle on a team. we id kids at u14 and tend to keep the same ones come hell or high water.

Comment

Do you look at who they play? we have kids with 28 u17 caps ...lololol
                              28 caps ... thats ridiculous. I dont think other countries play 28 games in a 4 year cycle.

You say success, but I assume your measure is just Wins and losses. I dont think you actually read my post - i said more rotation early in cycle and THEN settle on a team. we id kids at u14 and tend to keep the same ones come hell or high water.
                              I guess I am not seeing the hell or high water and have no idea when they were id'ed to know if what you say is even true or just jealous. I at least am man enough to admit that I am.

Comment

I guess I am not seeing the hell or high water and have no idea when they were id'ed to know if what you say is even true or just jealous. I at least am man enough to admit that I am.
                                News flash. lololol is usually not a man.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X