Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who gives a crap about soccer at all?

I do. I love youth soccer, I love amateur soccer, I love professional soccer. I love soccer irrespective of gender. I love the domestic game and I love the international game. Soccer has been a huge part of my life and my family, and I love the game at all levels with absolutely no reservations. If others don’t like it, that’s fine. It’s not perfect, and there is always room for improvement in the game at all levels in our country, but I love it and I always will. Merry Christmas, happy holidays and happy new year to all of you on this crazy little T-S universe.

Was just watching Fox News and saw that the mayor of NYC is suing all the oil companies because he believes that they caused global warming. Gee I love soccer as well and it certainly has been great to my kids but I wonder if we should start suing youth soccer clubs because my kids didn’t get a college scholarship or make the national team?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Was just watching Fox News and saw that the mayor of NYC is suing all the oil companies because he believes that they caused global warming. Gee I love soccer as well and it certainly has been great to my kids but I wonder if we should start suing youth soccer clubs because my kids didn’t get a college scholarship or make the national team?
      Focus on the cover up. Remember when big tobacco said smoking was good for your health?

Now tell all the families who lost their family to lung cancer to leave big tobacco alone.

Comment

Focus on the cover up. Remember when big tobacco said smoking was good for your health?

Now tell all the families who lost their family to lung cancer to leave big tobacco alone.
        We are getting away from soccer, but no warnings were ever put on cigarettes because the people making the laws were also the ones making the money off cigarettes. It's a drug, no different than others except high level people are making the money. Same with alcohol. So they make an addictive product that kills people. Just put a warning on it and it all ok.

Comment

We are getting away from soccer, but no warnings were ever put on cigarettes because the people making the laws were also the ones making the money off cigarettes. It's a drug, no different than others except high level people are making the money. Same with alcohol. So they make an addictive product that kills people. Just put a warning on it and it all ok.
          FU to big tobacco from me and my dead parent. And FU to big oil from all the families with destroyed homes and lives from climate change.

Comment

I do. I love youth soccer, I love amateur soccer, I love professional soccer. I love soccer irrespective of gender. I love the domestic game and I love the international game. Soccer has been a huge part of my life and my family, and I love the game at all levels with absolutely no reservations. If others don’t like it, that’s fine. It’s not perfect, and there is always room for improvement in the game at all levels in our country, but I love it and I always will. Merry Christmas, happy holidays and happy new year to all of you on this crazy little T-S universe.
            Agree! I love pretty much everything about soccer!

Comment

FU to big tobacco from me and my dead parent. And FU to big oil from all the families with destroyed homes and lives from climate change.
              We had a couple of warm days and now right back to more climate change. Dang!

...still don't understand why Al Gore and Marty walsh are building on the coastline when they both told me the water is rising and the coast will soon be under water.

Comment

Would youth soccer and clubs be considered 'intoxicating' like a drug?
                A difference is that there was a time when Tobacco companies were asked about safety and it was stated that cigarettes were not harmful.
                Has anyone actually asked clubs if their child was going to get into college, earn a scholarship or go pro if they enlisted their kid in the club?
                Now, if the club then said yes....or indicated that this was the way to go then you might actually have some legal claim.....but any disclaimer will remove the club from that blame.........and put it right on the parents where it belongs.

Comment

Would youth soccer and clubs be considered 'intoxicating' like a drug?
                  A difference is that there was a time when Tobacco companies were asked about safety and it was stated that cigarettes were not harmful.
                  Has anyone actually asked clubs if their child was going to get into college, earn a scholarship or go pro if they enlisted their kid in the club?
                  Now, if the club then said yes....or indicated that this was the way to go then you might actually have some legal claim.....but any disclaimer will remove the club from that blame.........and put it right on the parents where it belongs.
                  Parents hear what they want to hear - that, or if they don't hear it they move to the next club whispering sweet nothings in their ears. Because some clubs and coaches are sham artists it's understandable parents are skeptical. Sometimes moving is warranted. But if more clubs/coaches were honest with parents and parents were honest with themselves, club soccer would be half its size and we'd have a healthy travel soccer system.

Comment

Parents hear what they want to hear - that, or if they don't hear it they move to the next club whispering sweet nothings in their ears. Because some clubs and coaches are sham artists it's understandable parents are skeptical. Sometimes moving is warranted. But if more clubs/coaches were honest with parents and parents were honest with themselves, club soccer would be half its size and we'd have a healthy travel soccer system.

Smokers heard what they wanted to hear too. In fact, my father and his peers, who smoked in the 50,60,70s, called them cancer sticks yet since there were no warnings out yet, they still had the opportunity to successfully seek legal paths. While I agree that parents hear what they want to hear, if there is any evidence that clubs gave suggestion that this was the path to enlightenment and college scholarships then there might actually be an argument.

Comment

Smokers heard what they wanted to hear too. In fact, my father and his peers, who smoked in the 50,60,70s, called them cancer sticks yet since there were no warnings out yet, they still had the opportunity to successfully seek legal paths. While I agree that parents hear what they want to hear, if there is any evidence that clubs gave suggestion that this was the path to enlightenment and college scholarships then there might actually be an argument.
                      Analogy between soccer and smoking is so weak and useless.

Smoking exposes you to powerfully addictive chemicals. No one wants to be addicted to cigs.

Comment

Only this forum could twist this thread in such a manner.

Comment

Anybody have a link to who I can sue about my kid signing up for Little League and not getting at least a Triple A contract or half-ride to Vanderbilt???

Comment

Anybody have a link to who I can sue about my kid signing up for Little League and not getting at least a Triple A contract or half-ride to Vanderbilt???
                            Get him addicted to chewing tobacco.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X