X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Girls 2007 Thread

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't kid yourself. If a player is good and has potential, DOC knows about them and is already keeping an eye on them so they stay

Maybe the superstar but not most of the players. Some of the clubs spend more time trying to recruit players from other teams and not enough developing their own.

Hence, again, why results don't matter. Of course they have to clear it occasionally...those aren't the instances being referred to. It's the ones only punting and chasing and parents bragging 'cuzz the fast kid scored again. I'll submit that kids would learn the game better even if they were giving it up in their own third vs. watching a few chase after it 50 yards downfield. At least they get to play with the ball once in a while.

I would say most of the games are played between the 18's regardless. Punts and goal kicks are a small portion of the game. The breakout lines make the games better in U10 but at U11 there are no rules. The focus should be on what the do once the ball is in play. Punts and goal kicks are not the difference between winning and losing.

Comment

I would say most of the games are played between the 18's regardless. Punts and goal kicks are a small portion of the game. The breakout lines make the games better in U10 but at U11 there are no rules. The focus should be on what the do once the ball is in play. Punts and goal kicks are not the difference between winning and losing.
      While I tend to agree, real world example will tells me differently. Several years ago we lost to a team who did nothing resembling playing soccer all game. Two long punts, two goals, 2-1 loss. Fans were all yippee with joy over the win.

We were, literally, laughing at the absurdity of it all.

Comment

Forget about rankings what teams should move up/down for the Spring? Nefc WC and SS should probably drop as well as SOL Pre Elite and GPS. Looks like Seacoast, Aztecs, Valeo, FC Boston And NEFC Central United could move up. Do you think any of that will happen.
        Based upon how the Fall player out the Spring NEP should look like this:

Bring back:

NEFC Central Elite
        Select
        Spirit of Liverpool
        FCUSA
        Western United

Add:
        NEFC Central United
        Aztec
        Valeo

Go with eight teams, not ten.

Comment

How much turn over of teams moving division to division actually happens?

Comment

When does the NEP post the teams that will be in each division for the Spring??

Comment

When does the NEP post the teams that will be in each division for the Spring??
              About a week before the spring season starts. Who cares? They are flippin 10 year olds!? Chill the F out dude.

Comment

I care or I wouldn’t have asked. I want to know if my daughter’s team has moved up from league 1 to the championship, where I expect the competition will be crazy talented. If that’s the case we might have to schedule a few practices this winter to get ready. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.

Comment

I care or I wouldn’t have asked. I want to know if my daughter’s team has moved up from league 1 to the championship, where I expect the competition will be crazy talented. If that’s the case we might have to schedule a few practices this winter to get ready. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.
                  Why do you schedule practices?
                  Bug off and let the team be.

You’re exactly what’s wrong with youth sports...

Comment

My favorite thread! How are things looking in the 2007 premiership??

Comment

My favorite thread! How are things looking in the 2007 premiership??
                      General consensus is still Pokemon rules.

Comment

At least they've moved up from hello Kitty rules

Comment

2007 Girls Thread

Funny how people who claim this thread is stupid by making comments on what kids this age do, comment on a dead thread so it opos to the top hmmmmmmm.

Comment

Since FC Stars is such a strong girls side why don’t they have any teams in the Premiereship, unlike NEFC which has multiple?

Comment

Stars philosophy is to play up. Number of 2007s on NPL 06. Number of 2009s on 07 teams.

Comment

Stars philosophy is to win at all costs.Go to practice every week ,big game coming up sorry but ecnl players playing in your spot, but this is npl, sorry.Stars philosophy fact.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X