Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does FIFA have any gender specific rules?
    Yes, to be in a FIFA management position you have to be a whore. A money whore who isn't adverse to using their position for personal profit.

Comment

I don't think this question was about soccer. Yes age until they reach 18 is a huge difference and definitely matters. Watching your daughters teammates the way you do is frowned upon and you need to stop!!!!!!

Comment

I don't think this question was about soccer. Yes age until they reach 18 is a huge difference and definitely matters. Watching your daughters teammates the way you do is frowned upon and you need to stop!!!!!!
        Wow, that was a pretty big assumption.

The original question sounds like: at what age can age difference no longer be used as an excuse for younger players or their parents to use as a reason for not performing as well as their older teammates or opponents??

Comment

Solar Eclipse got my eyes. I couldn't read the whole post.

Comment

Relative Age Effect

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdULFjLCUAArJ07.jpg

Comment

What's the age difference here? Or are they the same age? That puberty ain't no joke!

Comment

The age effect can work the other way too. With girls, they sprout up quickly around U13 and then start filling out at U14. Often times, U13 girls can outplay U14 girls because their muscles haven't caught up with their new body weight.

Comment

What's the age difference here? Or are they the same age? That puberty ain't no joke!
                  The differences tend to be more dramatic with boys vs girls and spread out over long time periods. Boys can keep growing into college while girls almost always stop two years after the onset of their first period (age 12-13). It's a more compressed time frame and obviously girls generally aren't as tall as boys to begin with.

Comment

Biobanding

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...th-development

Comment

Very interesting and very much on point to some of the earlier comments. It is a simple problem but the solution is complex.

Comment

Very interesting and very much on point to some of the earlier comments. It is a simple problem but the solution is complex.
                        If professional international academies are struggling with the issue how do you expect USSF to manage it effectively?

Comment

Right, and the problem with strictly bio banding is that mental maturity isn't factored in, which is a huge part of the game. An early developing 13 year old may well fit onto a team of 15 year olds physically, but may not have the understanding of the game that is expected at that age level. At the other extreme, my 13 year old, who is almost two years behind physically, would be completely frustrated playing on a team of physically average 11 year olds (and possibly even some early maturing 9/10 year olds) who are lacking the skill, off ball movement, and tactical knowledge he expects from his teammates.

I like that the YNT program holds the Futures camp to bring some of the talented late physical developers together, so these kids can play with others of similar physical size, and also similar mental maturity, coming from the same birth year. Too bad they only hold one of these camps each year. Perhaps they should run a similar camp for the early physical developers, as well. I'm sure it would be just as beneficial for them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X