Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checks should be made to club and club reimbursed team manager

Checks for tournaments should be made to club and not to team manager. And tournament breakdown. Not just $1500 in example. How do parents know she's just not doing the right thing. Checks and balances. That is why clubs have a treasurer and accounts per team.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Checks for tournaments should be made to club and not to team manager. And tournament breakdown. Not just $1500 in example. How do parents know she's just not doing the right thing. Checks and balances. That is why clubs have a treasurer and accounts per team.
    You're that A S S H O L E on the team.

Comment

well that is true unless you are on got soccer and the only way to pay for the tournament is with a credit card and what if your team doesn't have a credit card? please if that bothers you that the manger reimburses themselves after they are nice enough to put in on their card then you are twit and your kid should not play soccer. All tournaments registration fees are available on line so do your homework chances are your manager isn't ripping you off in fact he/she probably comes out of pocket for all the small ****.

Comment

"How do parents know she's just not doing the right thing." Classic TS.

Comment

What are these 'checks' you speak of? Set up a team PayPal account, that way it's all transparent.

Comment

You're that A S S H O L E on the team.

And there's always more than one. As a team manager, I am always putting close to $1,000 on my card and them hoping to be reimbursed by the parents before the bill is overdue. They cry poverty as they roll up in their Infinitis and Lexuses.. A thankless job for sure.

Comment

Hey sh!thead. Think it's easy to be a team manager? Besides taking care of all the admin and accounting requirements, we have to deal with muthafukers like you. Please, feel free to takeover for one weekend of games or a tournament, even at our home field. For sure you couldn't handle an away event that requires overnight travel, hotel, team meals, etc. Know how many times I have to remind you "busy" parents to bring gatorade? And then still forget it? Ugh.

And then, when you have felt the pressure to not let down 15+ players and their families for maybe the tiniest oversight that could prevent them from playing, then come back on here to b!tch and moan.

Comment

Hey sh!thead. Think it's easy to be a team manager? Besides taking care of all the admin and accounting requirements, we have to deal with muthafukers like you. Please, feel free to takeover for one weekend of games or a tournament, even at our home field. For sure you couldn't handle an away event that requires overnight travel, hotel, team meals, etc. Know how many times I have to remind you "busy" parents to bring gatorade? And then still forget it? Ugh.

And then, when you have felt the pressure to not let down 15+ players and their families for maybe the tiniest oversight that could prevent them from playing, then come back on here to b!tch and moan.
                If it's such a thankless job and you are rude and complain all the time, y are you doing it?

Comment

If it's such a thankless job and you are rude and complain all the time, y are you doing it?
                  Son, we live in a world that has youth soccer, and that team has to be managed by people with brains. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for your petty complaints and you curse the team manager. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that the management of this team, while tragic, probably saved you lots of time and money. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, let's kids play soccer! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me managing that team. You need me on that team. We use words like "roster", "player cards", "ref fees". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very team management that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a phone, and organize a weekend of games. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Comment

... the only way to pay for the tournament is with a credit card and what if your team doesn't have a credit card? please if that bothers you that the manger reimburses themselves after they are nice enough to put in on their card then you are twit and your kid should not play soccer. All tournaments registration fees are available on line so do your homework chances are your manager isn't ripping you off in fact he/she probably comes out of pocket for all the small ****.
                    All team expense checks should be paid to the Club and the Club should then pay all tournament registration fees with its credit card (and yes every club should have a credit card). Under that scenario the team manager doesn't have to come out of pocket and need to be reimbursed and no team can register for a tournament that hasn't been approved by the DOC.

Comment

All team expense checks should be paid to the Club and the Club should then pay all tournament registration fees with its credit card (and yes every club should have a credit card). Under that scenario the team manager doesn't have to come out of pocket and need to be reimbursed and no team can register for a tournament that hasn't been approved by the DOC.
                      LMFAO. You obviously have never worked with the admin at any club. They are borderline retarded. Seriously. These people can barely take care of their own personal finances, let alone those of the club. By the time they can pull their sh!t together, get an answer from the DOC, and then collect money from the parents, the tournament registration date is long gone. If it were not for the team manager, and thankfully taking care of that unnecessary pain, the players would be going only to practices.

Comment

.... If it were not for the team manager, and thankfully taking care of that unnecessary pain, the players would be going only to practices.
                        Agreed. Before the season begins the team coach should present a list of tournaments for DOC approval. Once that approval is obtained and the team's tournament schedule is set, the team manager should then prepare a team budget and send invoices to the players' parents for payment directly to the Club. When needed the team manager should then request the Club pay the tournament registration fees directly and, after producing accurate receipts, reimburse the coach for travel, lodging and meals. For his or her own protection, the team manager should avoid accepting cash, advancing money or using personal credit cards for team expenses.

Comment

Agreed. Before the season begins the team coach should present a list of tournaments for DOC approval. Once that approval is obtained and the team's tournament schedule is set, the team manager should then prepare a team budget and send invoices to the players' parents for payment directly to the Club. When needed the team manager should then request the Club pay the tournament registration fees directly and, after producing accurate receipts, reimburse the coach for travel, lodging and meals. For his or her own protection, the team manager should avoid accepting cash, advancing money or using personal credit cards for team expenses.
                          What a headache! We pay a flat fee that covers everything - no extras unless an extra tourney is added above and beyond the 2-3 the club tells us about at spring tryouts. No reimbursements, no multiple checks. Club management handles all the expenses like paying tourney fees or coach travel. It has been that way at the four clubs we've been with over the years with three kids playing. I managed two teams at two different clubs and never once had to worry about handling money other than pre-paying for a team dinner and a coach's gift. I never had to hound parents for tourney money or club dues.
                          Some clubs don't have managers at all except for occasional communications - club staff also handles all the scheduling

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            son, we live in a world that has youth soccer, and that team has to be managed by people with brains. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for your petty complaints and you curse the team manager. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what i know, that the management of this team, while tragic, probably saved you lots of time and money. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, let's kids play soccer! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me managing that team. You need me on that team. We use words like "roster", "player cards", "ref fees". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very team management that i provide, and then questions the manner in which i provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, i suggest you pick up a phone, and organize a weekend of games. Either way, i don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
                            this is great!!!

Comment

Son, we live in a world that has youth soccer, and that team has to be managed by people with brains. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for your petty complaints and you curse the team manager. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that the management of this team, while tragic, probably saved you lots of time and money. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, let's kids play soccer! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me managing that team. You need me on that team. We use words like "roster", "player cards", "ref fees". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very team management that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a phone, and organize a weekend of games. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
                              Awesome, I see what you did there..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X