Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    These big clubs and accountants should have a way to compute pay to play. If the player is not asked to play with the team they were selected to play on at tryouts then it should be easy to start crediting money to the player's account. Otherwise the clubs should not put more than 18 on a roster unless a club makes the team and tournament games each player is invited to play in very equal.
    Please stop. My side hurts from laughing.

Comment

Laughing all the way clubs roster is to make money the bigger the better .

Comment

I personally think earning play time should start at college and not before. If I'm paying for my player to play, then my player should play. I have and will continue to leave any team where my child does not play a lot. In this situation, either my player needs to move down and get more experience in game situations, or its just not a good coach fit. As the parent, I take it as my responsibility to recognize and find a better situation.

I do not commit to a team that does not commit to my player. If there is a coach that quits on my player, we quit that team and don't waste time. If my player isn't playing, they don't need my player and my player is not letting anyone down. A direct conversation with the coach always gave me the direction I needed on whether to stay or move. We moved twice - once to a higher level team, and once to a lower level team in 7 years.

So far, it has worked out fine for my player, who does not play on the top team in the age group at our club currently but has in the past when the situation has been beneficial, and starting 9th grade has three div I coaches interested as expressed through invites to visit their schools and check out their programs and provide a play schedule (the result of state cup and a ID camp this past summer). Not letting my player make any decisions about colleges or whether to play in college at this young age, but you can see that players can develop without always needing to be on the toppest team that will take them and your money, and that is why I am sharing our experience. The future is so uncertain there is a lot of value in shedding ego and getting your child onto a team that will provide a rewarding experience right now.

Our current coach has a philosophy I like: if I pick your player then they will play and I will keep working with them because I picked them. He commits to them for a season. He does however sit kids for attitude/behavior problems which I support.

Good luck to all your kids this season and hope they all find a rewarding experience.
        LMFAO. Playing on the second tier team, in 9th grade, and is being actively recruited by 3 division I coaches.

The bullsh!t is very strong in this one. Nicely done.

Comment

These big clubs and accountants should have a way to compute pay to play. If the player is not asked to play with the team they were selected to play on at tryouts then it should be easy to start crediting money to the player's account. Otherwise the clubs should not put more than 18 on a roster unless a club makes the team and tournament games each player is invited to play in very equal.
          Oh my lord. Have you ever talked with anyone from your club? These retards can barely paint a straight sideline on the field. You want them to monitor individual playing time?

Maybe we can tattoo bar codes on each player. They can scan in at each practice and then scan on/off the field. Data can be collected by the top notch front office staff and then allocate your account accordingly.

What a fu*king dope.

Comment

Agree. At some point parents need to do what is best for their child. When a child consistantly rides the bench it messes with their confidence.
            What about age u14 average team. 3 subs on bench, 2 dont play at all during a tough game. Isnt it the coach at that point.

Comment

LMFAO. Playing on the second tier team, in 9th grade, and is being actively recruited by 3 division I coaches.

How Fd up is womens soccer

Comment

What about age u14 average team. 3 subs on bench, 2 dont play at all during a tough game. Isnt it the coach at that point.
                The coach should put the weaker players on a wing or at forward so they can't hurt you.

Comment

That's pretty inexcusable. If anything the starters need to rest, let alone subbing in a few players now and then isn't going to hurt the team if managed correctly.

Comment

So a rising 9th grader (13-14 year old) was at a college ID camp during the summer before freshman year, competing against college-bound players (17-18 years old) and 3 x Division I coaches approached her for recruiting? And, this same player is on your club's second tier team?

Wow. That bullsh!t has a very strong odor. If you are going to lay out a story on here, at least make it somewhat believable.

Comment

not being recruited, invited to visit and request for game schedule this season. just initial interest and we want to come see you play this season. Yes, playing on second tier team at a good club, which is a good team at our particular club and at the ID camp played as well as the top team did in direct competition, yes, just entered 9th grade. Not responding to your rudeness, just if others misread my first post as you have, wanted to clear it up.

Comment

So a rising 9th grader (13-14 year old) was at a college ID camp during the summer before freshman year, competing against college-bound players (17-18 years old) and 3 x Division I coaches approached her for recruiting? And, this same player is on your club's second tier team?

Wow. That bullsh!t has a very strong odor. If you are going to lay out a story on here, at least make it somewhat believable.
                        not competing against older players. competed against same age group at the camp. the disbelief comes as a surprise. but i'm done posting about it, my only hope was that parents with kids in bad situations on first teams might consider other options. other clubs, other teams, other whatever to give them a good experience and know it is not the end of the world to play on a good and well coached second tier team.

Comment

should probably clear up one more thing, one of the schools contacted the coach after state cup the prior year (not this past state cup) while playing on top team, and then again after this past state cup while playing on second team. so maybe for that school, it wouldn't have happened but for the top team exposure the year before. don't know.

Comment

Logical. Only 18 players can dress out. Clubs spread their top
                            Players between top two teams to make them both strong and give top players lots of PT. Top of B team is often better than the bottom A bench. A Club has two or three excellent goal
                            Keepers or center backs and they are going to be split between two teams.

Comment

should probably clear up one more thing, one of the schools contacted the coach after state cup the prior year (not this past state cup) while playing on top team, and then again after this past state cup while playing on second team. so maybe for that school, it wouldn't have happened but for the top team exposure the year before. don't know.
                              You can stop there. The bullsh!t is too deep. Now you are throwing in State Cup as a reference? OMG. Were these volunteer assistant coaches from somewhere like Alcorn University or Wooster? You might need to throttle back your excitement and expectations.

Comment

You can stop there. The bullsh!t is too deep. Now you are throwing in State Cup as a reference? OMG. Were these volunteer assistant coaches from somewhere like Alcorn University or Wooster? You might need to throttle back your excitement and expectations.
                                Alcorn University and Wooster are now D1? Who knew.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X