• Show
Clear All

Love to see those credit card charges hit

When you've got half a team.

This happening to anyone else?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

No, but then my kid can play. If you can't make the top team and you're scrounging for numbers, it's time to get out.

Comment

Contest the charge with your credit card company and leave. It's not going to end well, and TS readers will have to listen to you complain all season if you don't bail now

Comment

Just dropped the last kid off at college. The only credit card charges now are the wife and I travelling to watch games, which is a lot cheaper than ECNL was the past three years. The ROI on that is paying off handsomely though.

Comment

Ask for your money back and move on. If you get a no from the club, dispute the charges and move on.

Comment

Why would you agree to play for this? And why would you pay $ for no team?

Comment

Why would you agree to play for this? And why would you pay $ for no team?
              Well, the club charged a large portion of the fees back in early June after tryouts.
              So contesting those charges with the cc company would be tough at this point.

And of course we did not sign up under the assumption there would be no team or agree to those terms.

Club is saying 'more kids on the way, still getting registered, etc'

And daughter wants to play, so what are we gonna do, just pull her and call it a season?
              Would have to ask club for refund, release, then what?

They are still training at least. But man.

Comment

Well, the club charged a large portion of the fees back in early June after tryouts.
                So contesting those charges with the cc company would be tough at this point.

And of course we did not sign up under the assumption there would be no team or agree to those terms.

Club is saying 'more kids on the way, still getting registered, etc'

And daughter wants to play, so what are we gonna do, just pull her and call it a season?
                Would have to ask club for refund, release, then what?

They are still training at least. But man.
                I empathize, but going the other way. My daughter's team had 17 players with 2 goalies. Perfect size. The age group below only had 10 players with a goalie. What did the club do? Let's combine the age groups. Now we have 27 players with 3 goalies. Add to that, there are 3 players on the DA team that are listed as 'discovery' for now, so they will officially be on the roster too. Total of 30. We can only roster 18 for a game, so where does that leave the other 12? Most of them are not ready from travel, but they are still expecting to play. Bad move on the part of the club. Total money grab. Competing for a roster spot is one thing, but having to juggle 30 players is ridiculous.

Comment

Just dropped the last kid off at college. The only credit card charges now are the wife and I travelling to watch games, which is a lot cheaper than ECNL was the past three years. The ROI on that is paying off handsomely though.

Bless you. I am jealous with two more years to go. Best of luck to your player.

Comment

I empathize, but going the other way. My daughter's team had 17 players with 2 goalies. Perfect size. The age group below only had 10 players with a goalie. What did the club do? Let's combine the age groups. Now we have 27 players with 3 goalies. Add to that, there are 3 players on the DA team that are listed as 'discovery' for now, so they will officially be on the roster too. Total of 30. We can only roster 18 for a game, so where does that leave the other 12? Most of them are not ready from travel, but they are still expecting to play. Bad move on the part of the club. Total money grab. Competing for a roster spot is one thing, but having to juggle 30 players is ridiculous.
                    That is nuts. I can't imagine USSF allowing a DA club to do that.

Comment

That is nuts. I can't imagine USSF allowing a DA club to do that.
                      Lol loads of DA clubs have big rosters. Plenty of suckers out there

Comment

Lol loads of DA clubs have big rosters. Plenty of suckers out there

Is your info anecdotal or have you seen this a particular DA club? Not have that issue with GDA at our club. I can't think of good reason for having a 30 player roster....DA or ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X