Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Boca Prep and Boca HS have turf fields. The FAU turf field is never used when the college students are out of session. Why not rent turf fields after school or on weekends for practice? I drive I-95 past the Boca HS turf field to and from work and that field is empty the entire summer and most nights. Will the schools rent to youth programs? I would think Boca schools and FAU would like the extra money.

BTW, EE is lazy and doesn't seem to care. He gets paid the same so I am willing to bet it just makes life easier for him to cancel training.
    Boca Prep may be an option, but they do have a lot of after school sports programs.

Boca HS is maxed out on field space. It is football season. No way that is available on a week night. After football, it is soccer, then lacrosse, track and field, and back to spring football.

FAU is locked into a deal with Team Boca. That will never happen.

In order for EE to see the problem, he would need to be at the practice field. We only see him at the end of the season for the dog and pony show. Once we sign the dotted line, he disappears back into the mystical office behind the snack bar.

Comment

Boca Prep may be an option, but they do have a lot of after school sports programs.

Boca HS is maxed out on field space. It is football season. No way that is available on a week night. After football, it is soccer, then lacrosse, track and field, and back to spring football.

FAU is locked into a deal with Team Boca. That will never happen.

In order for EE to see the problem, he would need to be at the practice field. We only see him at the end of the season for the dog and pony show. Once we sign the dotted line, he disappears back into the mystical office behind the snack bar.
      Boca Prep is also locked into a deal with Team Boca.

Comment

So the tiny club in Boca has use of two turf fields, but the big DA club has no turf field??

To me that shows the people at Boca United don't know how to run a club.

Money talks. You need to strike a deal with a school that gets them more money. More teams, more turf time, more money.

You cannot cancel training because of wet fields. I am shocked that the DA let's a club stay in the league without turf as a back-up.

Wow.

Comment

Patch Reef Park. Come on in to the city limits of Boca Raton and take your rightful time on the fields of Patch Reef Park. This park has been paid for by several partners one of which is the Boca Raton Beach Tax District which encompasses a large part of unincorporated palm beach county west of the city limits. That fact allows taxpayers and their family access to this park. Josef Shulz knew this and used to use this park. So there are solutions outside of the poorly draining county parks.

No sh!t dumbass. No club owns their fields. Reread the original post. BU needs to find a new field! This is not a new problem. Every year it is the same list of excuses. The county hasn't done crap. If it takes 3 days for a field to drain, then their modifications are still useless. Fu*k the county. Why is BU still sitting on both hands and doing nothing??!! Find a solution.

There are numerous fields available in east Boca, where the land drains. How about something at Boynton with their new partner? How about approaching Lynn University or Palm Beach college? Both have available facilities. Or maybe, this might be crazy, take some of that money we give you and book some indoor times? Palm Beach county rents their gyms out to churches. The same can be done for a soccer team.

BU has BDA and GDA. They have multiple travel teams that need practice time. It is not that hard. Get your sh!t together.

Comment

Boca Prep is also locked into a deal with Team Boca.
            Boca Prep is a sponsor of Team Boca, but I don't think they use the fields. Regardless, that would not be an option.

Comment

So the tiny club in Boca has use of two turf fields, but the big DA club has no turf field??

To me that shows the people at Boca United don't know how to run a club.

Money talks. You need to strike a deal with a school that gets them more money. More teams, more turf time, more money.

You cannot cancel training because of wet fields. I am shocked that the DA let's a club stay in the league without turf as a back-up.

Wow.
              I'll give you that. BU definitely fails on the admin and facility side. It is a sh!t show. But somehow, someway, they always seem to pull off amazing deals. They got BDA. Then ECNL. And now the GDA. The potential is phenomenal. They just can't seem to pull it together.

Comment

They have Cannon Trails or whatever Boynton fields are called !

Comment

They have Cannon Trails or whatever Boynton fields are called !
                  And where are all the Boynton knights regular season teams going to practice while the Da teams practice on canyon fields? It all seemed put together too fast sloppy and half assed like everything else that BU has done over the years . good luck with Boynton Knights Boca United merger it will fail I give it one year and they will split.

Comment

Boca united u12 Academy needs players. BU has been calling local clubs looking for kids. They are short for the academy team u12.
                    Delusional? I'm a U14 Academy parent and U12 Academy team looks well stacked with at least 24 players.

Comment

how does u14 da team look

Comment

how does u14 da team look?

Comment

how does u14 da team look?
                          Like a bunch of 13 years olds. Duh.

Comment

Like a bunch of 13 years olds. Duh.
                            quality ?

Comment

quality ?
                              Like a bunch of 13 years olds. They kick. They run. They smile. They laugh.

Comment

Like a bunch of 13 years olds. They kick. They run. They smile. They laugh.
                                sounds like some serious training

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X