• Show
Clear All

New England NPL

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NSL is like MASC was
    NEC is like Maple was

Point is leagues just keep changing and they're all the same in the end
    After a period of time and dominance they become diluted
    they've just moved last years NPL to the New ECNL - and so on and so on with the other brackets. Same ole same ole

Comment

they've just moved last years NPL to the New ECNL - and so on and so on with the other brackets. Same ole same ole
      That's actually not true. Some former DA players are moving to ECNL.

Comment

The league does not define how good a player is.
        I had to go back to find this thread.
        I took a look at the rosters of the local DA teams just to see if I recognized anyone. I'm sure most of the boys are top talents, but there are more that a few on each team that are suspect. I'm not saying they aren't good players, but there are far better players out there.

As an earlier poster suggested...all these leagues have just spread out the talent. The concentration may be higher in DA, but it's laughable to think that all the best are playing there.

Comment

I had to go back to find this thread.
          I took a look at the rosters of the local DA teams just to see if I recognized anyone. I'm sure most of the boys are top talents, but there are more that a few on each team that are suspect. I'm not saying they aren't good players, but there are far better players out there.

As an earlier poster suggested...all these leagues have just spread out the talent. The concentration may be higher in DA, but it's laughable to think that all the best are playing there.
          Correct. We have friends who opt to drive to the nearest regional team's location.
          Their kids are excellent and they can't even be bothered to have them try out for the "top" clubs because of the multi year driving commitment.
          It's just not worth it.

Comment

Correct. We have friends who opt to drive to the nearest regional team's location.
            Their kids are excellent and they can't even be bothered to have them try out for the "top" clubs because of the multi year driving commitment.
            It's just not worth it.
            I think there are a lot of people that fall into that category. They just don't want to get sucked into that lifestyle.

Comment

I think there are a lot of people that fall into that category. They just don't want to get sucked into that lifestyle.
              Can you say "ensuring a D3 destination". No wonder that's all we produce around here with this sort of thinking. Half hearted effort begets half hearted results.

Comment

Can you say "ensuring a D3 destination". No wonder that's all we produce around here with this sort of thinking. Half hearted effort begets half hearted results.
                It beats spending all of your time and money traveling the country with a bunch of whiney, arrogant, entitled parents that think their kid is going to be a rich and famous professional soccer player.

Comment

You think the only division 1 talent is playing NPL?
                  Wow, you must be the parent of a 9 year old.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X