Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree with the ECNL. You made your choice.
    Agreed. If your player is old enough for this you must know by now that these types of programs are definitely used as marketing vehicles.for the leagues and clubs. It helps them more if they send the ecnl talent to the ecnl camp.

The us soccer camps will be for GDA players. I do not think you will.find ecnl players chosen for us soccer programs to invite forward.

Comment

I agree with the ECNL. You made your choice.
      Yes, I'm not sure why that is lost on some people. They want the best of both worlds I suppose.

Comment

Sure looks like it. Anyone still think ECNL will not be impacted ? Interesting to look at the 2000 Nike team and see how many of them are going to this as seniors. I think its none. That says a lot about progression and politics.
        For the unwashed masses, what's the Nike team?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Yes. But kids who have lit up the ECNL this season and are moving to the DA are somehow excluded. It just shows you how its all about the politics. The ECNL honchos dont care about the kids. They really dont. They dont want some kid going to Seattle and crushing it, knowing full well they are leaving to go to the DA.
          I'm sure your daughter will get picked up for the NT.

Comment

Yes, I'm not sure why that is lost on some people. They want the best of both worlds I suppose.
            I know that my daughter's team was surprised by how much it liked ECNL. The competition was better than NPL by orders of magnitude, and she enjoyed it. We were shocked by the number of top college coaches at the events. There is some anxiety about giving up high school and moving over to DA, so it is reassuring to see some of the top players not on the roster. That's the honest truth. We are one and done and cautiously optimistic about DA. (The one kook thinks his daughter is best in the nation, and she has had plenty of looks and nothing....)

Comment

Dont agree. The ECNL season was the ECNL season. kids played. If you are selecting the "best" of the ECNL, then do it. Next season is next season.

Its petty behavior from adults and shows how transparent agendas are. Kids who were invited to pdp's and graded out at the very top "suddenly" became not good enough to be invited to the finale ?

Hmm. I wonder why.

Marketing? All it shows is how devalued the brand is going to be because its becoming clear that a meaningful number of elite players will not be there next season.

Comment

There are DA players on the list.

Comment

Dont agree. The ECNL season was the ECNL season. kids played. If you are selecting the "best" of the ECNL, then do it. Next season is next season.

Its petty behavior from adults and shows how transparent agendas are. Kids who were invited to pdp's and graded out at the very top "suddenly" became not good enough to be invited to the finale ?

Hmm. I wonder why.

Marketing? All it shows is how devalued the brand is going to be because its becoming clear that a meaningful number of elite players will not be there next season.
                  I don't think you quite understand the purpose of this program. It is as much about the league and clubs as it is about any individual player. Just look at the behavior of the ecnl and of us soccer for proof of that.

Comment

I don't think you quite understand the purpose of this program. It is as much about the league and clubs as it is about any individual player. Just look at the behavior of the ecnl and of us soccer for proof of that.
                    I totally understand. Thats my point. Just wondered if anyone out there still thought this stuff was about the kids.

Comment

I am surprised. They sent players that are not at ecnl clubs any longer?

Comment

Maybe from Clubs that have both. Making it even funnier really.

Comment

I totally understand. Thats my point. Just wondered if anyone out there still thought this stuff was about the kids.
                          If you are paying attention it would very difficult to make that claim. Us soccer went on about that when they launched their GDA and then proceeded to more or less replicate the ecnl (which had copied the da in the first place). Addressing the issues of cost, travel, coaching.....appears all that was just talk.

Comment

There are no players from clubs that will not be in the ECNL at all next year. It was club based not player based selection. For Example no Breakers or Penn Fusion kids because neither club will be ECNL next year. There may be Stars and PDA kids included that will play for their club's DA teams next year, but the clubs themselves are still part of the ECNL.

Comment

There are no players from clubs that will not be in the ECNL at all next year. It was club based not player based selection. For Example no Breakers or Penn Fusion kids because neither club will be ECNL next year. There may be Stars and PDA kids included that will play for their club's DA teams next year, but the clubs themselves are still part of the ECNL.
                              We get it. There are no Breakers players. That's the point of the thread. Still not true.

Comment

If you are paying attention it would very difficult to make that claim. Us soccer went on about that when they launched their GDA and then proceeded to more or less replicate the ecnl (which had copied the da in the first place). Addressing the issues of cost, travel, coaching.....appears all that was just talk.
                                To be fair, until the training and games start its hard to say they replicated the ECNL. Cost is comparable in most places but I think that is because the large ECNL clubs who have a hand in both have no incetive to make GDA significantly cheaper. The only people that do are perhaps the MLS Clubs, but not many of those.

Im not in the who is better game, just disappointed in both sets of adults who speak out of both sides and have let the kids down in this transition by their immature and vindictive behavior

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X