Fortis FC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They promised alot, indoor facility, local fields, many HS coaches and then delivered very little. Most of the HS coaches on the original website may have participated in pre-season clinics but were not coaching teams (misleading), indoor facility fell apart (not literally, that would have been a bigger story), they do have "local" fields, that is if you live in fitchburg. But having said all that, what a previous poster said about the coach being more important than the club is true at the younger age levels or at older age levels as long as the players are not looking for college exposure. Probably a coach or two in this group that's worth the money but make no mistake, this is not "high or even medium" level soccer at U11+ as most of the talented players will have moved on to more competitive teams.

Comment

Fortis

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      They promised alot, indoor facility, local fields, many HS coaches and then delivered very little. Most of the HS coaches on the original website may have participated in pre-season clinics but were not coaching teams (misleading), indoor facility fell apart (not literally, that would have been a bigger story), they do have "local" fields, that is if you live in fitchburg. But having said all that, what a previous poster said about the coach being more important than the club is true at the younger age levels or at older age levels as long as the players are not looking for college exposure. Probably a coach or two in this group that's worth the money but make no mistake, this is not "high or even medium" level soccer at U11+ as most of the talented players will have moved on to more competitive teams.
      They lost a lot of players this year. The high cost for a low product pushed people away. Like you said they promised certain coaches and facilities that were not in place. Will be interesting to see if they last when they move to Fitchburg because most of their players are from Sutton.

Comment

How funny is this? This club starts last year I think pretty much put the nail in fuller hamlets coffin. Now things don't seem to be going so well over there. I guess the main point is it's great to start a new club with great ideas and dreams but to follow through is another thing. This is a real case of the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Not saying fuller was a great club.

Comment

How funny is this? This club starts last year I think pretty much put the nail in fuller hamlets coffin. Now things don't seem to be going so well over there. I guess the main point is it's great to start a new club with great ideas and dreams but to follow through is another thing. This is a real case of the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Not saying fuller was a great club.
          That's one of the biggest problems with these mid level clubs, and other clubs for that matter, following through on the promises and expectations. Just deliver what you sold and what we paid for. If you can't deliver, many won't trust you for the next year.

Comment

Fair and unsurprising.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X