Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortis FC

Looking for feedback on the fortis FC club? Considering having my kid play with them. Anything positive to say?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking for feedback on the fortis FC club? Considering having my kid play with them. Anything positive to say?
    Have a good time.

Comment

Have a good time.
      So youve had a good experience so far? Thanks

Comment

Can't say anything about training etc. but saw 2 different games/age group/coaches and both coaches were screamers. And not in a positive way but more of a berating way. So I guess it depends upon what you are looking for.

Comment

Low level club with players that can't make other teams.
          Lots of promises.

Comment

Low level club with players that can't make other teams.
            Lots of promises.
            On some level, that's the majority of club soccer today.

Comment

All club teams are hit or miss based on the coach. not the club. My daughters have played with a few clubs and I have moved them due to a change in coach...not how the club runs. I do know that Fortis has MANY very qualified coaches who have been successful at both the club and HS level. For a brand new club that fields as many teams as it does... I am VERY happy thus far!

Comment

All club teams are hit or miss based on the coach. not the club. My daughters have played with a few clubs and I have moved them due to a change in coach...not how the club runs. I do know that Fortis has MANY very qualified coaches who have been successful at both the club and HS level. For a brand new club that fields as many teams as it does... I am VERY happy thus far!
                Just what we need:more h/s coaches in the club ranks.

Comment

And then they can "strongly recommend" to their HS players to come and play at their club.

Comment

Now in their second year, where is Fortis at after a big start?
                    Do they only play in NSL, or in other leagues now? (Website doesn't give much info)
                    Anyone have first hand experience?

Comment

All club teams are hit or miss based on the coach. not the club.
                      An inconvenient, undeniable, and mostly unpopular truth that can't be repeated enough.

Comment

An inconvenient, undeniable, and mostly unpopular truth that can't be repeated enough.
                        Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!

Comment

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!
                          Ask around, if the coaching is mostly "miss" find another club

Comment

So let me get this straight, having a coach that coaches high school soccer is a bad thing? So is having a coach that has no clue what they are doing but has a pretty little licensed letter in their credentials actually better? My kids have played for 3 separate clubs and of all of the coaches they played for the best coach they had was the one with no lettered credentials. Licensing means almost nothing. And just so I am proactive, no my kids have never played for Fortis, just found this to be an interesting post.

Comment

My HS coach got the job because he was the wrestling coach, and they were looking to save $$

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X