Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Same reason why my company never considers BC grads.
    This makes no sense to me. I am not a BC grad, but here in Boston, all the Fortune 100 companies employ them. Your company may be the outlier here.

Comment

Sometimes a school just isn't the right for not matter how perfect might seem on paper. Mine couldn't get to the car fast enough at one. What's perfect for one is awful for another. You don't want your kid hating school no matter how good it is

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Really? And why was that? Beautiful school and campus.
        Beautiful school and campus. I felt a bit claustrophobic, but my son liked it. Having Conte Forum right there was pretty cool. I'm sure it is great on a football game day. Admissions officer spoke to the group like we were a bunch of Elementary school kids. Trash-talked other local schools (never saw that at any other school). No effort to actually do a presentation whatsoever. Spoke for a bit about how many applications they get then had a Q&A with some students. Then unfortunately we had a tour guide who didn't speak English very well and acted like she was on a game show. Total bummer.

Comment

Sometimes a school just isn't the right for not matter how perfect might seem on paper. Mine couldn't get to the car fast enough at one. What's perfect for one is awful for another. You don't want your kid hating school no matter how good it is
          Good thing we have choices. Mine did not like the BC coach. Liked MMcD but not AF.

Comment

Good thing we have choices. Mine did not like the BC coach. Liked MMcD but not AF.
            What is Foley's contract situation?

Comment

What is Foley's contract situation?
              No clue. Polarizing character I hear

Comment

Same reason why my company never considers BC grads.
                The Eagle fandom can be supreme *********gery, but this says a lot more about your company than BC grads.

Comment

Thanks Captain Obvious, but that doesn't explain the ****head's comments though.

Comment

After this weekends results

1. Boston College
                    2. Northeastern
                    3. Yale
                    4. Boston University
                    5. New Hampshire
                    6 Brown
                    7. Massachusetts Amherst
                    8. Providence
                    9. UCONN
                    10. Quinnipiac
                    Now for the real poll:

10/1 RPI

47) BC slipped a few spots
                    51) Northeastern moved up some
                    65) UNH playing well
                    66) Yale big game coming with Princeton
                    100) BU better win their league

If someone is looking for an at large bid, this is where they start. You want to be in the 40's to even have a shot. Last season a team in the high 30's missed out.

Comment

Now for the real poll:

10/1 RPI

65) UNH playing well
                      66) Yale big game coming with Princeton

If someone is looking for an at large bid, this is where they start. You want to be in the 40's to even have a shot. Last season a team in the high 30's missed out.
                      Remember the years when there'd be 3-4 NE Teams in the tourney? Seems so long ago now.

Comment

Remember the years when there'd be 3-4 NE Teams in the tourney? Seems so long ago now.
                        Agreed. Last season I analyzed at large bids. Most were 40 and below. They did grab several above that with one in the mid 50's. What I figured out was those teams were picked so they could be local and not travel far to the higher ranked team they faced in round 1. Very practical. The teams were in Texas/Oklahoma I believe. With no likely higher ranked teams in New England, that would make it extra hard to get in. Closest ranked teams would likely be Rutgers and Princeton.

Comment

Seems like just last year:
                          2016 - UConn, Harvard, Northeastern
                          2015 - BU, UConn, BC
                          2014 - BU, Northeastern, UConn, Harvard, Central Conn State
                          2013 - BU, Harvard, Northeastern, BC

Comment

Now for the real poll:

10/1 RPI

65) UNH playing well
                            66) Yale nice win over Harvard

. Corrected Yale comment

Comment

Seems like just last year:
                              2016 - UConn, Harvard, Northeastern
                              2015 - BU, UConn, BC
                              2014 - BU, Northeastern, UConn, Harvard, Central Conn State
                              2013 - BU, Harvard, Northeastern, BC
                              Most likely 2017 NCAA teams:

1) UNH in first with Hartford and Stoney Brook to challenge them
                              2) Northeastern in second with Hofstra looking strong as well as Drexel

Don't see anyone else. BC will need 2 more upsets I think.

Comment

Most likely 2017 NCAA teams:

1) UNH in first with Hartford and Stoney Brook to challenge them
                                2) Northeastern in second with Hofstra looking strong as well as Drexel

Don't see anyone else. BC will need 2 more upsets I think.
                                BU has a good test against Navy this weekend. If they come home with the win, then they are likely to win their league. There's your three. What about Yale? No chance to win Ivy?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X