Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think Framingham may be the favorites. They return a good amount and word is a player or two from Revs returned to play HS.
    A few players have left the Revs to play final year in HS.

Comment

A few players have left the Revs to play final year in HS.
      They need to actually do something on the field. Framingham is always way overhyped

Comment

They need to actually do something on the field. Framingham is always way overhyped
        If they are getting back DA players then I am going to put my bet on Framingham.

Comment

If they are getting back DA players then I am going to put my bet on Framingham.
          It's hard to know just how good the DA players will be. Am I wrong or did Newton North have one or two DA players return to their team last year and it barely showed? Obviously there are a ton of great DA players that could make a huge impact but not all of them would be difference makers in this league.

Comment

It's hard to know just how good the DA players will be. Am I wrong or did Newton North have one or two DA players return to their team last year and it barely showed? Obviously there are a ton of great DA players that could make a huge impact but not all of them would be difference makers in this league.
            All depends on age. If seniors I would expect DA players to make an impact. If younger, not so much. Plus difference in DA players that got cut verse ones that left on their own. Regardless I'm sure any high school coach would be happy to have them.

Comment

All depends on age. If seniors I would expect DA players to make an impact. If younger, not so much. Plus difference in DA players that got cut verse ones that left on their own. Regardless I'm sure any high school coach would be happy to have them.
              Right. And I'm not suggesting that the players would be bad. I'm sure they're at the very least good to very good HS level players. I just don't think its a sure thing that just because you add a DA player that it will tip the scales in this league.

Comment

Right. And I'm not suggesting that the players would be bad. I'm sure they're at the very least good to very good HS level players. I just don't think its a sure thing that just because you add a DA player that it will tip the scales in this league.
                You pick a bad choice of words to make your point because winning and losing in soccer is often more a matter of the balance between opponents being 'tipped' rather than plowed over. Little things are the usual difference between winning and losing. One player, in soccer, could indeed tip the scales in favor of two otherwise equal teams.

Comment

You pick a bad choice of words to make your point because winning and losing in soccer is often more a matter of the balance between opponents being 'tipped' rather than plowed over. Little things are the usual difference between winning and losing. One player, in soccer, could indeed tip the scales in favor of two otherwise equal teams.
                  We're talking about the balance of the season not one game.

Comment

Nothing is 100% defined, however, chances are that the DAP would be excellent high school players. For Framingham, there is always a steady stream of soccer players from a large immigrant community that grew up playing soccer. Add a couple of players with even better skills and abilities and you have possibilities especially in high school soccer.

That said, on the other side, perhaps they are leaving DAP since they weren't so great and weren't getting any playtime.

In the end, Framingham has always had the potential to spoil the day for other schools, but they have largely failed to advanced far into any tournament.

Comment

DA vs HS

With the exodus of players and the issues that the NE Revolution have had, I find it difficult to believe for most players that playing high school ball with a decent team and coach, with 2 hours practices every day, is such a detriment to your development.

Comment

Coaching change in Framingham, supposedly for this year only.

Comment

Coaching change in Framingham, supposedly for this year only.
                          http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/sp...s-soccer-coach

Comment

Any scrimmage updates?

Comment

Was at the Medford jamboree this weekend and the 4, of 8, teams that stuck out to me were Winchester, Danvers, Algonquin, and Medford. Medford looks the weakest of the 4. Seem to have real problem at goalkeeper. Danvers looked the best of the bunch.

Comment

Any scrimmage updates?
                                Saw Nauset play and they are the BEST team in MA again this season.
                                No one has a chance against them.

KP looks terrific and Braintree not the same.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X