Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't think it is about travel. I think it is about competition.
    If you really want competition, travel abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Most laughable post of the year. Do you honestly think that the competition is all that great anywhere else? It's all watered down.
      It is much better than local NEP/elite bs.

Comment

And the Knucklehead of the Year award goes to ..

Comment

Of course one can't know what's better since it has not occurred yet, but you have a point. The top NPL teams are typically quite good, and the bottom teams (including usually the Bolts teams and sometimes the Stars teams) are typically not so good. A question at this juncture is what happens to the quality of the 3 leagues and the teams therein with the introduction of ECNL. I'd guess DA won't be affected much, but around here the question is whether the top NPL teams will lose significant talent to ECNL (or whether the ECNL will be mostly DA cast-offs and non-top NPL kids). No idea if there is a different dynamic in other geographies.

We were sold the same story years ago about why we had to play Region 1, and then came to learn it was mostly just a bunch of crap teams in Long Island. These ECNL teams are of higher pedigree, so hopefully the level of competition will justify the travel.

Comment

Of course one can't know what's better since it has not occurred yet, but you have a point. The top NPL teams are typically quite good, and the bottom teams (including usually the Bolts teams and sometimes the Stars teams) are typically not so good. A question at this juncture is what happens to the quality of the 3 leagues and the teams therein with the introduction of ECNL. I'd guess DA won't be affected much, but around here the question is whether the top NPL teams will lose significant talent to ECNL (or whether the ECNL will be mostly DA cast-offs and non-top NPL kids). No idea if there is a different dynamic in other geographies.

We were sold the same story years ago about why we had to play Region 1, and then came to learn it was mostly just a bunch of crap teams in Long Island. These ECNL teams are of higher pedigree, so hopefully the level of competition will justify the travel.
            The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Comment

Seriously how much time left for these guys. NEFC gets DAP franchise for another age group, they don't make it to a single NPL final, run to ECNL to escape NPL and these guys put a school nurse in charge of the place.
              I have to assume Bolts management reads these threads. Who is in charge for real? Is it DC, BA, MK or someone else? Appears girls side has completely imploded and lost so many teams.

Comment

The top boys NPL teams across the board are largely the GPS and NEFC teams. While (as is typical) a few of those teams' players have left for DA teams, and (as is typical) a few DA players have left DA to join these teams, it looks like just about zero players on these teams have left to join an ECNL team. And why would they? Leaving a good team for a DA team may make some sense, leaving for the Bolts B team? I don't think so.

Comment

I have to assume Bolts management reads these threads. Who is in charge for real? Is it DC, BA, MK or someone else? Appears girls side has completely imploded and lost so many teams.
                  From what I'm told, looks like a new lady is in charge - Susan Seigel

http://bolt.ussoccerda.com/club-staff

Comment

What relevance is the website posted here? Shows her as a Business Manager.

Comment

Comment

If you really want competition, travel abroad.
                        The Bolts went to Barcelona last year. They were beat by 10 to twelve goals a game.

Comment

I doubt that. NEFC management posts here.

Comment

The top boys NPL teams across the board are largely the GPS and NEFC teams. While (as is typical) a few of those teams' players have left for DA teams, and (as is typical) a few DA players have left DA to join these teams, it looks like just about zero players on these teams have left to join an ECNL team. And why would they? Leaving a good team for a DA team may make some sense, leaving for the Bolts B team? I don't think so.
                            By and large, those that leave the DAP teams do so because they are not getting much play time. Infrequently, some seniors want to play their last year for their high school team.

Just the same, perhaps those that go to the Bolts ECNL from NEFC or GPS are not getting much play time on their teams either. Or, they feel that this might get them a leg up to get on a DAP team. I suspect the former more than the latter.

Finally, the DAP is trying to reinforce the no-waiver rule. If that were the case then some private school kids might see the ECNL as the next best option.

Comment

Perhaps that is what she is....a business manager. i.e not the CEO or on the BOD

Comment

She has taken over day to day operations. Her title is General Manager now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X